Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Well I’m going with the road tires.
That’s tough. Doubt you will find 21” snow tires anywhere anytime soon.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

I could go for a telescoping crossbars to get the bed mounted bars even with the roof crossbars to allow for a hardshell rooftop tent option like a Roofnest.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
That’s tough. Doubt you will find 21” snow tires anywhere anytime soon.
Sound slikw
I could go for a telescoping crossbars to get the bed mounted bars even with the roof crossbars to allow for a hardshell rooftop tent option like a Roofnest.
Haven't seen that request before makes total sense. Only downside is the range hit, but I opted for max pack for these reasons.

Sponsored

ggnoob

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Tesla Model 3, Nissan Xterra
Occupation
Network Engineer
SiriusXM. I really enjoy it when I'm overlanding through the mountains in my Tacoma and don't have to keep listening to the same shit I've downloaded on my phone.

A Rivian topper.

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
SiriusXM. I really enjoy it when I'm overlanding through the mountains in my Tacoma and don't have to keep listening to the same shit I've downloaded on my phone.

A Rivian topper.
Poll will come out soon. SIRIUS XM and Apple Carplay/Android Auto are top of list

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
All manufacturers... actually all companies including their competitors have or should have their eyes on user forums to gauge interest of their prospective and/or current customers. It gives them trending analysis visibility on concerns and features that impact future sales.

With that said, as a Rivian community, it might be interesting to collect features that would be good to voice to Rivian for future iterations.

If you'd like, please feel free to drop a post with interesting and desired features, software related or hardware requests. We can add polls and geographic analytics to better communicate the future of R1T enhancements.
Android Auto or the ability to interact with the apps on my phone directly through the UI.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
You might be in luck at some point. OnX uses mapbox as foundational tech; as does Rivian.
Wait, is this confirmed? Mapbox is fucking terrible!

Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
If you consider this confirmation. I can understand why you might not, but there is also this. When you say terrible, I'd be interested to here any details you might offer about your specific use and experience. It might help a lot of us!
Mapbox is a developer toolkit, not an end-user product. Saying it's terrible is either a critique of it's ability to satisfy developers (not particularly relevant here) or inaccurately conflating mapbox with something that another OEM built on top of it (also not terribly helpful).

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Not specific to the R1T, but in addition to lumbar support, which the Rivian has, I would like to see adjustable (i.e., inflatable/deflatable) side bolsters for the driver's seat. I had them in my '93 Taurus SHO and they were great!

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Mapbox is a developer toolkit, not an end-user product. Saying it's terrible is either a critique of it's ability to satisfy developers (not particularly relevant here) or inaccurately conflating mapbox with something that another OEM built on top of it (also not terribly helpful).
Exactly why I asked. That said, a characteristic of a tool is that is has certain strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses are more easily overcome than others.

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
Top priority - vehicle to house power so I can take advantage of those huge batteries during a power outage (sounds like it may be coming). Related to that, as at least one other poster commented, more than 1500 watt power from the built-in outlets.

Medium priority - tailgate that drops down so it's easier to get things in and out of bed - the extra long tailgate is going to make that challenging - I'm thinking of the shrubs, mulch, bags of compost, and other landscaping supplies I'm always hauling.

Low priority but would still like to see
- a "mud" mode in the driving modes, for being out on farms where the ground may be soft after a rain - presumably all purpose will basically handle this, but would be nice to know there is a customized mode for it
- electrochromatic glass roof or sun shade
- Apple CarPlay and/or Sirius XM/radio (need it in rural areas where poor connectivity and little radio service)
- I'd like to see the frunk made like Ford's Lightening with lower opening
- instead of the storage cubby underneath the rear seat, I'd rather that area was flat so larger items could be set in there with the seat bottom tilted up
- manual control of the heating cooling vents - the idea of setting them in one place for each driver doesn't take into account needing to adjust them periodically depending on how hot or cold you are
- redesigned headlights - I like the design of the rest of the car very much, but not the headlights!
Sponsored

Last edited: