Dear Rivian...R1T WISHLIST BELOW

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Also you can easily adjust the passenger side vents from the drivers seat.

I'm not entirely sold on the power adjustment, but I do wonder how much of that is just FUD.

People probably had the same concerns when side mirrors went from being manual adjustment to power adjustment. Now, we take that feature for granted and would probably be outraged if a new vehicle didn't have it.
Yeah, except I move and adjust mine a lot, based on if I'm feeling spicy or not. I don't do that with my mirrors.
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
There is an upside though! With the powered vents, you can save the position to your driver profile, so even if someone messes with your vents they’ll go back to your favorite position when you get in the vehicle.
This. The only time I adjust the vents is when "someone" (I'm looking at you, honey) moves the things from their carefully placed and sadly not welded position.

Vegeta

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 honda accord
Occupation
Manager
What the heck is dog mode?

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Think self-driving mode with the dog behind the wheel. Really freaks out other drivers.

Actually, it's a mode that keeps the climate control working while your car is parked with the dog(s) in it.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Is anyone at Rivian getting that message?
Android Auto. Google Assistant is so good I have a hard time with downgrading to Alexa on a $70k vehicle.

Sponsored

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
As mentioned, Dog Mode keeps the climate control on while you are away from the vehicle. Unlike the normal “Keep Climate On” mode, “Dog Mode” on a Tesla also keeps the center display on with a cartoon dog moving around to catch your eye and also a message like “My owner will be back soon. It’s current 72.2 F inside the vehicle”. That is done with the hope of keeping a well-intentioned passerby from smashing a window to “rescue” your pet.

Last edited:

lazjen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'd like complete flexibility on what 3rd party apps I get - whether that's Spotify vs Tidal vs whatever, etc.

A more "out there" suggestion I'd like to give would be to create an electric trailer framework to go with these vehicles. By this I mean to provide powered electric trailers that can assist with the range when towing (and to also assist with regen braking, etc). Provide a base framework with the batteries and have some options for the "top", e.g. flatbed trailer, box trailer, camper trailer, bike trailer, etc.

Make these trailers smart and get them to work with these vehicles. For example, embed cameras with the trailers to assist reversing, hitching, etc. Add a mode for the trailer to be maneuvered into place for hitching/detaching - bonus points for it to do it automatically. :)

Scoop

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport, Volvo XC90
Occupation
Retired
All manufacturers... actually all companies including their competitors have or should have their eyes on user forums to gauge interest of their prospective and/or current customers. It gives them trending analysis visibility on concerns and features that impact future sales.

With that said, as a Rivian community, it might be interesting to collect features that would be good to voice to Rivian for future iterations.

If you'd like, please feel free to drop a post with interesting and desired features, software related or hardware requests. We can add polls and geographic analytics to better communicate the future of R1T enhancements.
Sponsored