First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Max pack with delivery estimate of Mar-Apr 2023! Can’t be right, right??

FC9D819B-0A13-432E-8DE2-89BFB358072F.png
when was the last time you changed your configuration? Did you have it as a large pack on Jan 15th?
Sponsored

Morphine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q4 e-tron, Q7
I was also pushed 3 months for an pre-price hike R1T (ordered Jan 2022) from Feb/Mar 2023 to May/June 2023 with the very suspect Service Center excuse. I spoke with the local Service Center rep who recently gave me a demo ride and he just laughed and said to call 800-RIVIAN1.

Now if only I was a you-tuber or a full-price res holder... 😄

maxinfo

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
So I had an early 2019 R1S preorder with RB/FE in the queue last year for Oct-Dec when they killed the color combo and put me into processing purgatory. I have a guide but my order is still in "Processing estimate".

Guide says the order is in production and I'll see an 8-step email someday in the future and then it takes 6-8 weeks to ship but with no actual dates. If that's accurately imprecise I guess I'm on board, but the whole estimated delivery date system is broken if their tooling doesn't know my build is in production and I'm supposed to be dropping all the money on this truck s00n... /rant

Also F in chat to everyone who got processing purgatory due to service center tomfoolery. 🍻

Sponsored

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
All, to provide perspective, I preordered April of 2019. I have waited anxiously for nearly four years. I think five delays of estimated dates, seeing many R1T preorder holders get their vehicles in Spring/Summer 2022. I just selected an R1S from the shop less than a week ago. Best estimate is that I was one of the first 9k to put in a preorder. I see paariv post a lot and he was a few months before me. My point is that there are hundreds, maybe thousands of preorder holders that have waited far longer than many that have already received vehicles…whether Ts or Ss. Please be patient. We all want to see Rivian succeed. Dollars to donuts I think most estimates will be accelerated this year. They are at that point in the production S curve. Don’t lose faith
Great to see your ability to be positive, however I am on the totally opposite end of the spectrum.....I am pissed. I like you have an April 2019 R1T pre-order. I initially had a july-sept 2022 delivery window. That window was removed and I have gotten the run around ever since. I was told I would get a new delivery window in July 2022, by the end of the summer, in october, by the end of January and now in April.....This is complete BS and I have lost all faith in Rivian as a company and brand. They have flat out lied to me over and over again. The delay has now actually cost me quite a bit of money (have a tesla who's value has dropped nearly $20,000 since last Sept.) and an F150 lightening. (Had a reservation which was fulfilled in oct of last year but gave it to my brother because should be getting my Rivian very soon...Bah HaHaHaHa). Used to be a real fanboy but now a real hater.....Fork you Rivian.....I no longer wish them to succeed. I am sorry to all of you guys who have been So loyal and already have your vehicles. No ill will towards any of you but I wouldn't be bummed at this point if the company failed, which if they keep pissing off the fan base will certainly happen.

I am not going to cancel my reservations. I have 2. Both are pre-March pricing and I will most likely (unless insolvency is looming) buy them both at a significant loss for Rivian just to make myself feel like I'm getting back at the company for stringing me along and outright lying to me and many others for what will be more than 4 years by the time I get a truck.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Not all starter SCs are overwhelmed. Bay area, LA, and San Diego have a plethora of SCs, with plenty of bandwidth to handle more deliveries. Seattle is a 3-fold problem: servicing some Portland customers, a very small space, and way more demand/deliveries per SC. The lot alone can't handle deliveries, they're already using Redmond to store vehicles.
agree the SC in Bellevue is way too small. which begs the question, what the hell were they thinking getting such a small space to start? they knew the Amazon EDVs were coming. they knew a lot of orders were placed in the PNW. from all the data ive seen, WA had the 3rd most number of orders after CA and CO. seriously poor planning.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

That’s really wild. Something doesn’t seem right. Did you accidentally select the vinyl interior thinking it was the wood? Only thing I can think of.
its the location. way to expensive for Rivian to service customers beyond a certain radius from a SC. they've learned their lesson the hard way by fulfilling some orders in remote places early on. they probably did this to try to honor order date with some customers but soon realized its going to bury them. my guess its a calculated risk to alienate a smaller number of customers by prioritizing order date AND location

Sponsored

va_rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Polestar 2 Launch Edition
Jan 2020 R1S order holder. Delivery date got bumped up from Q3 2023 to May-Jun 2023.

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Anyone else not get an estimate (or an email) for their R1T? I switched from Max pack to Large late last year, locked in config on Jan 6, but not only did I not get an estimate, but my R1 Shop access was taken away as well. My guide is out sick and CS is totally clueless, even stating that I may have to wait until the spring refresh to get my estimate. It’s almost like Rivian doesn’t want me to buy a vehicle! I’m within 30 minutes of both El Segundo and Irvine SC’s.

Last edited:

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Done. Reservation closed. Enjoy your unreliable, phantom battery draining Chinese parts-mobile. They should change the label on these to “assembled in US*” *with Chinese parts, engineered by tech bros.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Dcavalheiro

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Quad / Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Cool it with the back to the future crap, McFly.
Lmao... Yeah! I wish my date was correct!
Thanks for noticing... I guess I am too tired of waiting that decades are meaningless

EJRasmussen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Producer
I had at April-June delivery then when i changed delivery address to a different location that had a service center 8 miles from my house rather then 150 they pushed my delivery back 6 months, completely wrong! I started a chat with not the friendly rep and they said would look into it but not likely to make difference. Not the best customer service.
Sponsored