Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

agree the SC in Bellevue is way too small. which begs the question, what the hell were they thinking getting such a small space to start? they knew the Amazon EDVs were coming. they knew a lot of orders were placed in the PNW. from all the data ive seen, WA had the 3rd most number of orders after CA and CO. seriously poor planning.
Exactly this, along with the debacle with the DC service center - temporary one, which closes before they have a permanent center (which is delayed) and talk of another temporary one. Only one center in NYC to cover multiple states. Poor planning back in 2021 as they planned their SC network (also poor planning and execution with hubs and RAN too).
Sponsored

mail2rags2017

First Name
Rags
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
R1S order, Dual motor, with Adventure package and Large battery pack. Delivery window now shows April-June 2023. Almost stunned to see it move from 2024 to 2023. Hope they don’t play a cruel game here with me.

Last edited:

GSGun

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad, 2019 Prius Prime PHEV
October 2019 R1S non LE. Original price. Moved up to March-April 2023. Kinda surprised to be honest. Asking for a test drive with the guide

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
All, to provide perspective, I preordered April of 2019. I have waited anxiously for nearly four years. I think five delays of estimated dates, seeing many R1T preorder holders get their vehicles in Spring/Summer 2022. I just selected an R1S from the shop less than a week ago. Best estimate is that I was one of the first 9k to put in a preorder. I see paariv post a lot and he was a few months before me. My point is that there are hundreds, maybe thousands of preorder holders that have waited far longer than many that have already received vehicles…whether Ts or Ss. Please be patient. We all want to see Rivian succeed. Dollars to donuts I think most estimates will be accelerated this year. They are at that point in the production S curve. Don’t lose faith
That's a good perspective to have. It seems that the deliveries are being determined more and more by SC location and capabilities rather than production issues- which is a good thing in the long run.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Anyone else not get an estimate (or an email) for their R1T? I switched from Max pack to Large late last year, locked in config on Jan 6, but not only did I not get an estimate, but my R1 Shop access was taken away as well. My guide is out sick and CS is totally clueless, even stating that I may have to wait until the spring refresh to get my estimate. It’s almost like Rivian doesn’t want me to buy a vehicle! I’m within 30 minutes of both El Segundo and Irvine SC’s.
Same. Delivery null / processing. My guide said that could mean it’s close? No other info.. Dunno 🤷‍♂️. I’m surprised with your 9/21 order you don’t have a truck yet in LA.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Isn't the EV9 a concept vehicle? Have they started building them? (or have a schedule to build/deliver?)

.. my wife is in need of a plan B ..tx
oh its happening and should be available later this year.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Having read many R1S posts I think Rivian has incorrectly calculated some order holders distance to service center.

If only MIT had the class "How to Manage Corporate IT " this issue could have been avoided.

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
..... but my R1 Shop access was taken away as well....
My shop access was also removed; per my guide it "should" come back within a couple of days. I was hoping it meant I was close to deliver despite my Apr/May estimate.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had at April-June delivery then when i changed delivery address to a different location that had a service center 8 miles from my house rather then 150 they pushed my delivery back 6 months, completely wrong! I started a chat with not the friendly rep and they said would look into it but not likely to make difference. Not the best customer service.
"If at any time you reconfigure or change your delivery address, the delivery estimate in your Account will update to “Processing estimate” pending our next scheduled refresh. It’s important to note that changing your configuration will almost always result in your delivery estimate moving back."

R1Teton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
My story is the same except I am in Big Sky, MT and ordered in Sept. 2019. New delivery estimate 2H 2024. They literally are telling me that I should wait five years for my turn.
yep got off a chat with CS and they said I had to wait until the Boise SC was complete. I politely pointed out that I was closer to the SLC center that has been open for a while and got a shrug and "well then it has to do with your config"...

I keep hearing people say be patient there a people who have waiting 3+ years, but there is difference between waiting for the truck to be released and waiting as everyone around you gets there's and you're asked to hold on for another 2 years...'

/rant

Sponsored

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

For those who got no estimate email, it could mean your config/vin match is close! 🤞

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery Estimate Updates Are Out! ⏱️ [as of Jan 31, 2022] image

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
I have the Forest Green R1T ordered as well. I had an Jan/Feb '23 date before the change. Now moved to Apr/May '23. Maybe they are batching the Forest Greens at that time.
Same for me. Originally Feb-Mar ‘23 window for my FG R1T and now Apr-May ‘23.

MTStuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Tundra
yep got off a chat with CS and they said I had to wait until the Boise SC was complete. I politely pointed out that I was closer to the SLC center that has been open for a while and got a shrug and "well then it has to do with your config"...

I keep hearing people say be patient there a people who have waiting 3+ years, but there is difference between waiting for the truck to be released and waiting as everyone around you gets there's and you're asked to hold on for another 2 years...'
Boise is an hour further away from me than Salt Lake. These guys are supposed to be engineers but there's a basic inability to work Google Maps that worries me

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
Can't help but notice that all Rivian social media has gone dark since they updated the timing. Even LinkedIn! The company (correctly) believes that anything it posts in the near term is going to get flooded with angry comments.