Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Soooo mid January I get an email that I my estimate for my R1T is “End of January” Then February 1st I get this email…. And now it says February-March.. Stop toying with me Rivian! You are causing severe anxiety I got plans ya know … And I’m getting tired of all my neighbors asking when it’s coming.
Mentally prepare for May and let Rivian play with itself.
Sponsored

ckindred1

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger, VW ID.4
Occupation
Self-employed
Clubs

As a reference point, ordered R1T Feb ‘22. Originally spec’d red and had a Mar-Apr ‘23 timeline. Switched to green and got pushed back a month to Apr-May ‘23.

Until then, I’ll keep researching how big of a tire a can shove in the wheel well 😅

FCCE628E-B1B3-4313-9326-8D9EEB7DC425.jpeg
I have the Forest Green R1T ordered as well. I had an Jan/Feb '23 date before the change. Now moved to Apr/May '23. Maybe they are batching the Forest Greens at that time.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I guess the only benefit to those of us who got bumped, was more time for Rivian to iron things out.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
I was also delayed, as they said that they want to make sure that there will be a service center near me. I'm in Dallas, 5 miles from a service center. I have been to the service center.

I understand supply line constraints, but their excuse for this 3rd delay is a lie, or a mixup
I was in this situation as well.

5 miles from an open, active service center. 2019 R1S preorder. Had a “first half 2023” window until the 10/28 update when I got put into “processing estimate“ purgatory with an email explaining that I would be updated when they finalized plans for a service center.

After yesterday’s update, I now have a “March-April 2023” window.

I got no feedback or updates for the three months between updates, in spite of what seemed an obvious clerical error, and numerous attempts on my part to reach out. I even drove to the service center and talked to the people there.

Rivian’s communications are a mess, as is whatever system they use to track orders and allocate production/deliveries.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I guess the only benefit to those of us who got bumped, was more time for Rivian to iron things out.
And higher interest rates for those of us who can't pay it in full. I think the worst part of getting bumped is my initial hype for the truck has somewhat faded. It gets old hearing friends/wife ribbing me about getting it after making a down payment 2 years ago. Will it get pushed further? I hope that I'm completely wrong but I just feel like taking delivery 7 to 9 months from now will be ho-hum and that's if it doesn't keep getting pushed out.

Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

And higher interest rates for those of us who can't pay it in full. I think the worst part of getting bumped is my initial hype for the truck has somewhat faded. It gets old hearing friends/wife ribbing me about getting it after making a down payment 2 years ago. Will it get pushed further? I hope that I'm completely wrong but I just feel like taking delivery 7 to 9 months from now will be ho-hum and that's if it doesn't keep getting pushed out.
Rates are coming down. If you're bumped into 2024, you'll have better rates for sure.

Dcavalheiro

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Quad / Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
IT
Clubs

H1 2014

ceetiger

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, Adventure, Limestone, Forest Edge
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Got my email very late last night. "Still processing," it said.

Here is the response that I sent them today -

Hello;

I am in receipt of Tony's email of January 31, which essentially says the same thing that his letter back in November.

What I find depressing about this situation is that you HAVE delivered R1T's to customers here in South Carolina. One of them lives only around 10 miles from my house. But you now say that because you do not have a service center in my state, you cannot deliver an R1S to me.
And Tony's update basically says that you have made ZERO progress in establishing one here.

Look, I realize that there may not be that many of your vehicles in South Carolina, but since you have delivered the trucks to my state, you can certainly deliver the SUV's. And your Atlanta service center is only 2 hours from my location, so the distance to a service center is not a reasonable excuse. If you were to centrally locate a service center in South Carolina, the driving distance from my home would essentially be the same as going to the Atlanta service center.

If you choose to respond to this email, please do not send your sympathy-ridden politically correct usual response. I have two of them already.

Look, I will be 73 in 11 days. I can't wait forever to receive R1S.
Forget the South Carolina service center, and get busy building my R1S.

Carlisle Evans

OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

This has been my exact mentality the entire time. Yes I want my R1S, at the same time, I'm happy to have 3 more months of software updates, possible recalls, potential assembly line QA adjustments, supplier/parts quality adjustments, design changes to address chronic issues, whatever - ultimately it'll be a better vehicle when I get it. And, frankly, more time to save for it. I had thought I might need to partially finance it, at this point I'll just buy it outright with having almost a year extra to save for it (cumulative delays, the latest was just 1 qtr back) from my original delivery date - which, given current rates most places, is actually a huge win.

I didn't "plan my life" around a car purchase as some folks seem to do - it's just a vehicle. I don't tie any other finances to it, make any plans around it, etc. When it gets here, it gets here - THEN I'll make plans. Frankly it boggles me that anyone else does it the other way around, or makes financial decisions tied to it when you KNOW it's entirely uncertain and unstable. Better to be totally unphased by Rivian's ups and downs than to end up all emotional acting like they made you a promise - they didn't - and somehow betrayed you and now you've mortgaged the house and booked flights and accommodations and it's all going to pieces because they "lied" to you. No thanks. At this point we all know what we're into so letting yourself believe anything else is probably going to end poorly. I'm happy to wait.

e4gaa1104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S Tesla Model 3 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Clubs

I was also delayed, as they said that they want to make sure that there will be a service center near me. I'm in Dallas, 5 miles from a service center. I have been to the service center.

I understand supply line constraints, but their excuse for this 3rd delay is a lie, or a mixup
My friend got that message. We both live in NJ just less than a mile from one another. My email didnt mention a new service center. Cited adjustments to their build plan meant my delivery was pushed by 6 months. We’re both pre-price hike pre order holders. Then I see this….

https://apple.news/AMzodXbMOQo2FxA_r2PDmxA

Sponsored

gingerjet

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have a service center a dozen miles from my home address that I've actually been too and received the same "to align with the opening of a Rivian Service Center planned in your area" delay email that others received. My delivery was due this month/March but has been pushed to April/May. I've emailed my guide (which was assigned a couple of weeks ago) but haven't received a response yet.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I have a service center a dozen miles from my home address that I've actually been too and received the same "to align with the opening of a Rivian Service Center planned in your area" delay email that others received. My delivery was due this month/March but has been pushed to April/May. I've emailed my guide (which was assigned a couple of weeks ago) but haven't received a response yet.
I am really curious how the guides handle the avalanche of "there's a service center near me already" emails that the BS messaging about this will elicit.

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
All, to provide perspective, I preordered April of 2019. I have waited anxiously for nearly four years. I think five delays of estimated dates, seeing many R1T preorder holders get their vehicles in Spring/Summer 2022. I just selected an R1S from the shop less than a week ago. Best estimate is that I was one of the first 9k to put in a preorder. I see paariv post a lot and he was a few months before me. My point is that there are hundreds, maybe thousands of preorder holders that have waited far longer than many that have already received vehicles…whether Ts or Ss. Please be patient. We all want to see Rivian succeed. Dollars to donuts I think most estimates will be accelerated this year. They are at that point in the production S curve. Don’t lose faith

hbkdinobot

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Quad FG R1S. “2024” to Oct - Dec 2023. Works for me.
Sponsored