First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
rivian will do all that with the driver profiles, except for the pedal adjustment because that function isn’t there.

chrysler/dodge/ram are one of the few automakers with adjustable pedals.
GM/Chevy trucks (Silverado, Sierra, Yukon, Suburban, Avalanche) have this feature in option packages.
Sponsored

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 hummer H3T (manual), 2018 dodge ram
Occupation
Contractor
Don’t know if it’s been asked yet but here’s my question:
What kind of paid subscriptions are offered and or needed from Rivian for the R1T/R1S?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
GM/Chevy trucks (Silverado, Sierra, Yukon, Suburban, Avalanche) have this feature in option packages.
Ford, Toyota, and Nissan, as well.

All the full-size trucks, really. Not a special feature. I've never really felt it necessary, however.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Ford, Toyota, and Nissan, as well.

All the full-size trucks, really. Not a special feature. I've never really felt it necessary, however.
Shows how up to date I am!

I’ve been in vehicles with it and didn’t need it, but my short spouse would appreciate not having to get as close to the steering wheel I’m sure.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Shows how up to date I am!

I’ve been in vehicles with it and didn’t need it, but my short spouse would appreciate not having to get as close to the steering wheel I’m sure.
I'm 6-3, my wife is 5-5. She appreciates the memory setting on the adjustable pedals when she drives the Avalanche.

Sponsored

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Don’t know if it’s been asked yet but here’s my question:
What kind of paid subscriptions are offered and or needed from Rivian for the R1T/R1S?
They have not fully baked their subscription program yet. For the time being, everything is just on and included, and they've said it'll all be free for at least a year. I think once they spin up some of the other elements of the offering (e.g., the charging network sites), they may actually announce the program's structure & pricing, and start the clock on a specific trial period.

The obvious subscription elements will be the vehicle wifi hot spot and the RAN access. They suggested some other things that may wind up being part of it, but I honestly don't think even they have a clue just yet.

bbqdevil

First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, Rivian R1T on order
Occupation
Director, Design and Video
Someone

Someone from your state can probably quote you better, but in CA, for basically a LE R1T (mine is not launch edition but spec’d like one), my price out the door was 87,868. The only options I had over the truck itself were crossbars and all weather mats.
If you use the payment estimator in the configurator, it adds estimated destination charges and state tax to your costs so you can get a pretty close estimate.

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Not sure if I've seen this anywhere yet, apologies if its been answered. The rear under seat storage in the manual shows it as locking. Is it just "locking" because its in the locked truck? Or does it lock closed when the doors are locked and the key is not present? ie if someone breaks in is it locked?

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Not sure if I've seen this anywhere yet, apologies if its been answered. The rear under seat storage in the manual shows it as locking. Is it just "locking" because its in the locked truck? Or does it lock closed when the doors are locked and the key is not present? ie if someone breaks in is it locked?
No...? Pretty sure.
Only locked if the doors are locked. The same way it says the under seat storage is watertight... Only when the cabin is.

Sponsored

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I just signed the PBA on my R1T order this week and will be giving up my Model 3 to make it happen. Please don't flame me, but I'm curious if anyone has made the change to an R1T and had any regrets? I ask because my Model 3 does so many things well and I have some concerns that I might really miss some of them (excellent voice nav, voice commands in general, autopilot). My hope is the R1T can provide those things AND everything else I'm looking for from it, like a larger/taller vehicle with a more upright seating position, more space, more refined (and quiet) ride, craftsmanship, utility of truck, etc. I know I risk being immediately downvoted by even raising this question, but it's an honest concern/question that I'd really like to hear from current R1T owners about. Any insights, regrets or feedback you'd be willing to share would be appreciated.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

That's a bummer. My 2016 Ram Laramie will adjust the seat, mirrors, pedals and even the radio station to a profile. The profile can be assigned to a fob. I have my fob and my wife has hers. Unlock the truck with my fob and it will adjust to my profile. Unlock with her fob and it will adjust to her profile. Very convenient...but I can live without it.
Totally wild thought, but I wonder if they actually have the hardware in place to allow the pedals to adjust but have just not implemented it? It is very possible there are a lot of things that COULD happen with the R1T but have not be made known in case they do not happen.….🤔.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Totally wild thought, but I wonder if they actually have the hardware in place to allow the pedals to adjust but have just not implemented it? It is very possible there are a lot of things that COULD happen with the R1T but have not be made known in case they do not happen.….🤔.
Highly unlikely.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Highly unlikely.
Yeah…My thought as well. I didn’t believe it was actually true…. but it is funny what idle minds (mine) will consider just for the sake of argument. Kind of like a “what if scenario”. Lol.
Sponsored