R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

20" Wheels Specs:

Weight: 88 lbs (with tires mounted)
Size: 20x8.5,
Offset: +48mm
Bolt pattern: 5 x 5.5
Hub Bore: 64.1mm
Construction: 20" wheels are forged. 21" and 22" wheels are all cast.

Working with my aftermarket wheel manufacturer on some forged designs for the R1T. At present because of the +48mm offset and massive OEM calipers, there are no options available off the shelf, so a custom forged wheel is in the works (whatever design I desire, but off road style and in a bronze or gunmetal for me)......Interesting to note is a complete R1T 20/AT with Pirellis weighs in at 88lbs, which is light for a 275 (34" tall) off road AT tire and wheel.

Forged OEM wheels are made in China....

The amount of drop/suspension travel front and rear is quite high as noted by how much we had to keep pumping the floor jack up. The jack points on the R1T are under four little round plastic doors, which means you are required a small diameter 2.5" metal lift point for the jack. Love this truck!!!

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_20220330_160651

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_20220330_160955

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_20220330_160121

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_20220330_160947
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Where are the other wheels made? That may change my wheel choice.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Working with my aftermarket wheel manufacturer on some forged designs for the R1T.
so a custom forged wheel is in the works (whatever design I desire, but off road style and in a bronze or gunmetal for me).
How does one go about finding a custom wheel manufacturer? This seems like one of the more unique humble brags I've heard in awhile. I'd love to see what you come up with!

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

How does one go about finding a custom wheel manufacturer? This seems like one of the more unique humble brags I've heard in awhile. I'd love to see what you come up with!
My business (automotive aftermarket performance) works with a few companies in this world of custom wheels and this one is in my personal backyard and are friendly people.

You could have HRE, Forgeline and a host of others build custom wheels, but that's a bit beyond what I'd like to spend for the R1T. I personally like the pure off road look even with some standard designs from Method Race Wheels or even KMC. KMC style design would look great in black, titanium or even bronze.

Having said this, I really like the factory wheels.....

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction Screenshot_20220331-034147

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
This is great detail, thank you. Are there any aftermarket 22” wheels that would be a good fit for the R1T today?

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Really glad to see this post and I'll be tracking this going forward. Given production constraints at Rivian I'm unsure if we will even have the ability to buy a second set of wheels in the next couple of years and having a verified alternative will be great to have. Thanks for digging into this for us!

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

@Mark_AZR1T what width and bolt pattern did Rivian spec? 20x? 5x? et48mm

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Thanks @Mark_AZR1T. Much appreciate getting the aftermarket wheel effort going so s00n. +1 to bronze and gunmetal.

I’d also please be interested in learning how they fit hubcentric specs and how customized that effort is vs standardized fitment.

Would also love to see more pics of your El Cam.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

This is great detail, thank you. Are there any aftermarket 22” wheels that would be a good fit for the R1T today?
No. The +48mm offset on the wheels and massive calipers is the challenge. All wheels will be either new castings or forged.

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Is there any chance that a custom 18" wheel could be made to fit over the calipers?
Good question...I would guess no because of the monster truck calipers....but TBD

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Lol. Only Rivian would chose the most popular truck wheel bolt pattern (5x5.5) and then design with a one-of offset. That offset matches the new Land Rover Defender, but then they use a different bolt pattern *sigh*.

Are you going to stick to 8.5” width? I’d like to look into narrower tire options for a slight range boost.
Sponsored

Last edited: