Xmas update?

Weeyam eyesore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford maverick
Occupation
Working
I completely missed out on the Halloween fun as I was away and never got to toy around with the locking/unlocking sounds, the zombies, and the change in interior lighting. I was hoping to see a Xmas update!! Fingers crossed, there is still time right??
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I completely missed out on the Halloween fun as I was away and never got to toy around with the locking/unlocking sounds, the zombies, and the change in interior lighting. I was hoping to see a Xmas update!! Fingers crossed, there is still time right??
I think the time has passed. I suspect Rivian wanted to be “PC,” and not possibly offend anyone - given many different religious holiday’s are observed at this general time.

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
They could do a Festivus update instead!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Too late for festivus
How dare you - every day is festivus in my world. Specifically the airing of grievances….

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
The factory does have a big “Happy Holidays” sign and a tree with the Rivian logo at the top. ;)
Rivian R1T R1S Xmas update? 8E5B7A9A-53BA-4E7F-BC51-70C983D7CB18

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The factory does have a big “Happy Holidays” sign and a tree with the Rivian logo at the top. ;)
8E5B7A9A-53BA-4E7F-BC51-70C983D7CB18.jpeg
You should have made a big donut in the grass around the tree on your way out of there.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Honestly pretty lame and disappointing. Halloween could be considered "controversial" by some as well, there isn't a single holiday that wouldn't be considered offensive to somebody. Avoiding an optional feature that's designed to be fun because some group might be offended is such a letdown.

Thankfully the outlets in the bed allow me to have some Christmas flair, but a sleigh bell sound to lock the doors and Christmas style interior lights would be pretty cool.

Sponsored

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
I doubt Rivian is trying to be PC I think people are over thinking this to much. I think they are just too busy and didn't get it done.... They have a 25k milestone to reach and more pressing software needs. Would it have been nice yeah would love to have my light bar turn green and have digital snow falling a crossed it but well maybe next year when they are better staffed and more mature in there software growth.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I doubt Rivian is trying to be PC I think people are over thinking this to much. I think they are just too busy and didn't get it done.... They have a 25k milestone to reach and more pressing software needs. Would it have been nice yeah would love to have my light bar turn green and have digital snow falling a crossed it but well maybe next year when they are better staffed and more mature in there software growth.
Not buying that. With as much effort as they put into the Halloween update, I can't imagine they couldn't manage to get even some basic Christmas themed functions for locking/unlocking, especially with an update rolling out a week before. I think this is specifically done to avoid controversy.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
So you're making an assumption and jumping to a conclusion, then blaming *Rivian* based on something you made up in your own mind?

Bottom line, you have no idea why they added the Halloween mode and why they didn't add Thanksgiving or Christmas or any other mode. No idea at all. Your assumptions say way more about you than they do about Rivian's intent.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
You should have made a big donut in the grass around the tree on your way out of there.
no way, I hear these things flip easily.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

The real RJ revealed…
Sponsored