Sponsored

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many toys
Range Rover Sport. I miss it! šŸ˜¢ If it wasnā€™t for my 137 mile daily commute to work Iā€™d still have it.

IMG_7435.jpeg

IMG_7469.jpeg
had the same - black on black, twin supercharged ford 5.0 with a few mods. miss the exhaust note. dont miss the low profile 22s we ordered back during city life (gravel country roads hate band-aid tires).

given the R1S is a daily driver we went with 22s again but the generous sidewalls now love country roads.

you should petition to WFH more with that commute :)
Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
had the same - black on black, twin supercharged ford 5.0 with a few mods. miss the exhaust note. dont miss the low profile 22s we ordered back during city life (gravel country roads hate band-aid tires).

given the R1S is a daily driver we went with 22s again but the generous sidewalls now love country roads.

you should petition to WFH more with that commute :)
Those 22ā€ wheels sure looked nice on the rovers though!

I wish I could work from home but in my line of work I have to be on site to make money.

sccmexpert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition - Glacier White/Black Mountain
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Hi All,

I'm new here but I've seen threads like this before and they can be fun.

My last car was a '19 Jaguar IPace First Edition. It was my first electric vehicle and it really did a great job. I put about 35k miles on it over 3.5 years. It stranded me once due to a wiring harness issue that became a common replacement and I had another wiring harness go out on on the front motor more recently.

I've had my R1S for a bit over a week now and it's interesting to compare the 2. The IPace drove much more like a GT car that could really weave through city traffic. The Range Rover air suspension made it super comfortable over bumps and it was very solid on the highway. The infotainment system was the earlier system and it was hot garbage - but it did have CarPlay and XM Radio which made it acceptable. The back seats were a bit tighter and the frunk was nearly useless. Fit and finish was pretty much perfect from the start. Mine had the 22" wheels and the ride was still great.

Overall I'm really enjoying the R1S and I'm hopeful that with some more software updates it will really come together.

What did you all have for your last daily driver and how did it stack up?

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg
Mu

sccmexpert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition - Glacier White/Black Mountain
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Mustang Mach-E. I am on my third EV as we had a BMW i3 as our first one.

LoganGPhillips77

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RT1
Occupation
Captain
Hi All,

I'm new here but I've seen threads like this before and they can be fun.

My last car was a '19 Jaguar IPace First Edition. It was my first electric vehicle and it really did a great job. I put about 35k miles on it over 3.5 years. It stranded me once due to a wiring harness issue that became a common replacement and I had another wiring harness go out on on the front motor more recently.

I've had my R1S for a bit over a week now and it's interesting to compare the 2. The IPace drove much more like a GT car that could really weave through city traffic. The Range Rover air suspension made it super comfortable over bumps and it was very solid on the highway. The infotainment system was the earlier system and it was hot garbage - but it did have CarPlay and XM Radio which made it acceptable. The back seats were a bit tighter and the frunk was nearly useless. Fit and finish was pretty much perfect from the start. Mine had the 22" wheels and the ride was still great.

Overall I'm really enjoying the R1S and I'm hopeful that with some more software updates it will really come together.

What did you all have for your last daily driver and how did it stack up?

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg
Well mine was a 2006 Mitsubishi Raider DuroMax 4x4. It was a great truck. But Iā€™ve wanted an electric truck from when I was in high school. And finally Rivian gave us a EV that actually looks like a Truck and kicks A$$ šŸ˜

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? 5DFF7B1E-61E5-4679-9D13-7A35B696A183

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Model S (white) -> Gladiator -> Model S (grey) -> Rivian

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? IMG_0290.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? 20190808_163501

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? 20180508_143348

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Tundra TRD Pro in the only color that matters - Voodoo Blue. Love the truck, didnā€™t love the gas costs. Thought about abandoning it on the side of the road rather than filling it with gas again, when it hit $7/gal here. Nearly dry to full: $250.

But beautiful, and made wonderful noises.

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? 1694547658279

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Model S and Jeep GCā€¦. R1S covers the utility of both. šŸ˜‰

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? IMG_3008
Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? IMG_0880

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

As in my signature; the R1T directly replaced two vehicles:

2014 Tesla Model S 85:
Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? IMG_0141

1996 Ford F-250 Powerstroke:
Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? Powerstrok

The Model S was itself only purchased in 2021 as an "interim" vehicle until the Rivian arrived, replacing a 1997 Subaru Forester that we gave to our kid when his car broke. We had been hoping to hold on to the Forester until the Rivian arrived.
Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? IMG_0192

Ironically, the Rivian has filled the same need that the Forester did when we first got it. Replacing two vehicles. The Rivian can do everything we needed of the F-250; while being far more efficient; so it could replace the Tesla as "daily driver."

When we got the Forester, it replaced both a much older, much less efficient SUV as "road trip/camping vehicle" and an econobox as "daily driver." The F-250 came later, when we wanted a trailer for a trip, and the Forester couldn't tow for shit.

(See my recent trip report about a trip to British Columbia - the Ford was originally purchased for a similar trip in 2015. Buying the F-250 plus a pickup camper was cheaper than renting a hotel room in Vancouver for a month. We ended up selling the F-250 last year when the Rivian arrived for *DOUBLE* what we paid for it in 2015!)

Sponsored

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I had my company lease me a '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid for 20 months, so I could l "learn" daily how to charge up/use an EV before my "Tarkus" arrived :cool:

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? Resized_20230725_110329

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? 20230831_110513

RivianRachel

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2013 VW Beetle convertible
Occupation
Web developer
2017 Nissan Murano. Itā€™s a good car, treated me well. My 89 year old father is driving that one now which meant I got my 2013 Beetle Convertible back from him which he was borrowing as his summer car. The R1S fits more dogs.

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? IMG_7031

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? 638EBF8E-FEFB-45A1-88CA-6FCBE171F503

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Daily drivers (most recent first)
  • Tesla model s