Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

...GPS based auto open for the garage door...
This can be done with Alexa, but it's not an easy task. Lots of integrations to be set up, but entirely possible.
Sponsored

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
This can be done with Alexa, but it's not an easy task. Lots of integrations to be set up, but entirely possible.
Didn't know. I think I will wait until they release the function , just like in my Tesla. Not a biggie, and I can totally live without it. Nice to have though.

go4gusto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I would like to add better assistance in parking via cameras and sensors. Also, the camera display when the left/right indicators are turned on.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Didn't know. I think I will wait until they release the function , just like in my Tesla. Not a biggie, and I can totally live without it. Nice to have though.
Admittedly, I only use it for the voice command because I don't really like my garage door opening until I can actually see it.

Sponsored

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
Specific alarm setting for when the gear guard cable is plugged in and the R1 is locked. If I have the cable locking something in the bed then I want all the notifications.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect

Chase32

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I don't use Amazon Music, so can't speak to that. But I will say that the sensitivity of Alexa to the "wake word" needs to be turned wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down. Anything that even vaguely sounds like Alexa (she's been triggered by me saying Lexus, let us, Alex, excess, etc) sets her off, and it's really annoying

Other than that I guess my biggest desires would be:

1) A middle setting for the suspension. Soft is a little too wallow-y for my taste, while Stiff is just plain uncomfortable over anything that isn't smooth road. So something in the middle would be welcome

2) Dog Mode (I know RJ has said it's coming, but you know how that goes)

3) The ability to set the preconditioning for the cabin to a specific temperature rather than what the app says is "Comfortable," and to remotely activate the heated seats/steering wheel (my 2018 XC60 had that function)

4) Make the ACC more usable in bad weather, either by expanding its operating parameters, or giving us the option to use just normal "fixed" cruise control when ACC shuts off. The Seattle area is, well, rainy, and the ACC has a nasty habit of cutting out in medium-to-heavy rain conditions

This next one isn't OTA related, but I wish the Rivian app did more. Again turning to my XC60, the Volvo app let me condition the cabin to a specific temperature, trigger the heated seats/steering wheel, and search for and send a Nav destination to the car before getting in.
Everything you stated your XC60 app could do, the Rivian app does currently.

And isn’t there already a Dog/Pet Mode?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Everything you stated your XC60 app could do, the Rivian app does currently.

And isn’t there already a Dog/Pet Mode?
You replied to a comment from last year june. A lot of the things in that list were addressed.

Triangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, 20" Brights, Ocean Breeze
Occupation
Cinematographer
Clubs

My biggest complaint is that being a tall driver (6'4") I can only see the bottom half of the screen behind the steering wheel. I cannot see the posted mph icon, or the turn signal icons. There isn't any seat/wheel adjustment that is comfortable and makes these seeable. I hope that Rivian would allow for a "Tall person mode" and lower the turn signal animation to the bottom of the screen. The posted speed limit could also go down there. I constantly have to lower my head and glance under the steering wheel to see this info which is very awkward.

Also the Red animation indicating the turn signals needs to be a brighter RED. It's far too subtle right now and is too faint to see at a glance.

I love that the animation of the vehicle actually shows the wheel position, but it would be a nice feature to just highlight the front tries in green so it's even easier to see.

Sponsored

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Lane change with D+

Savable Custom EQ Settings

Steering Wheel not being 2% off center

Air Vents stay where you have them and not losing their position

Mapping glitch that now occurs at traffic lights where it jumps around and then re-routes you because it thinks you have moved

and not an OTA thing but really wanting my tonneau cover and the bike pad for the tailgate.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I would like to have XM radio
As discussed completely in other threads, this requires hardware that the vehicle doesn't have. You can now, as in today, use the XM app to stream over Bluetooth to the vehicle. This will give you nearly identical functionality to an XM app.

WorldComposting

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.worldcomposting.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Memory setting for the rear hatch on the R1S. It hits my garage so I have to stop it every time it opens. That and when I put my Thule on the top I can stop it before it hits the box.

Ability to hear texts via the system.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Whatever it takes so that the 12v system doesn't die and render the truck bricked. If that means more vampire drain....so be it.....
Sponsored