Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Yes. It only works with a few apps like google maps. Most of the other ones say it isn't supported when you select the Rivian app from the share button.

A bonus with using the phone is it's pretty quick to look something up on a website or another app like plugshare, or a text message, etc, open the address in google maps and then share it with the Rivian.
That's cool. Not a bad work around although I guess the new Google search on the nav kind of does the same thing.

Reading through Reddit I guess they said the last update with the Google search was the first nav update of many, maybe we will get some of the other Google maps features in the future. One can only hope.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

That's cool. Not a bad work around although I guess the new Google search on the nav kind of does the same thing.

Reading through Reddit I guess they said the last update with the Google search was the first nav update of many, maybe we will get some of the other Google maps features in the future. One can only hope.
It could be they are going to switch providers. Mapbox might've been what was familiar to the people who were originally tasked with implementing it. That Rivian hasn't come out and made the suggestion on how to get mapbox to fix issues is kind of strange to me. Switching providers soon could be part of the reason.

I used Google's search on the truck yesterday, and it definitely works better. It's way more tolerant of spelling and typing errors than the mapbox search was. Seems to know what you meant before you finish typing.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Used it twice yesterday where my wife sent me the directions remotely while I was at work. Got in the truck and bam! directions already pulled up. Super handy when you need it.
The old "Honey-Do" list

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Most annoying thing I've found is that the steering wheel controls cant change between favorited radio stations, it only scans stations. Seems like an easy fix.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Most annoying thing I've found is that the steering wheel controls cant change between favorited radio stations, it only scans stations. Seems like an easy fix.
Yep. Guess it wasn’t like this before. Used to go to favorite stations but has since changed. Makes it a bit useless as a scan button.

Sponsored

AWDrift0

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
El Cap R1S, Forest Green R1T, BMW Z4
Clubs

I would like to have native calendar integration and the ability to navigate to appointments. Apple Music also should be a top priority.

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
I came here to post this. So annoying, especially since it worked as you would expect in earlier software versions. Not sure when it broke but its been broken for multiple releases now 🤦‍♂️

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
Huge one for me. Steering wheel controls should go through presets.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

This is desperately needed!

It is not useful simply to get to the destination... I also need sufficient rage to be able to get somewhere safe, after.
If I can get fancy with this I'd also like a check mark next to a stored location that says there is a charger there and overrides the minimum charge level bit so we can coast into our driveways if needed.

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

2. More options on the map. I like being able to pinch and have it stay at that size.
2. I was taught here that you can tap with two fingers to zoom out without disengaging the location tracking. takes a little practice but helpful. (I'd still like pinch to zoom) You can also use the far right +/- buttons but that takes a very still finger too.

cthelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Have been driving the truck for 3 months now after driving a Model Y for a couple years. Everything has been great and it has been exceeding expectations. My #1 issue is the timing of the activation of the brake lights. Seems that brake lights only come on when accelerator is completely released, making it nearly impossible to drive smoothly and still alert drivers behind you that you are slowing down. With the amount of regen, I would expect the brake lights to come on as the truck slows. It also doesn't help that the actual brake lights on the tailgate are tiny and not very bright in the daytime. I have nearly been rear-ended countless times. Never encountered this in Tesla, their brake light activation seemed to be more momentum/accelerometer based rather than pedal position.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Have been driving the truck for 3 months now after driving a Model Y for a couple years. Everything has been great and it has been exceeding expectations. My #1 issue is the timing of the activation of the brake lights. Seems that brake lights only come on when accelerator is completely released, making it nearly impossible to drive smoothly and still alert drivers behind you that you are slowing down. With the amount of regen, I would expect the brake lights to come on as the truck slows. It also doesn't help that the actual brake lights on the tailgate are tiny and not very bright in the daytime. I have nearly been rear-ended countless times. Never encountered this in Tesla, their brake light activation seemed to be more momentum/accelerometer based rather than pedal position.
It's based on g-force, just like Tesla.

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
I know there are different teams and whatnot, but an all-hands-on-deck swarm to do nothing more than fix the absurd vampire drain is an update I'd take and not ask for anything else for quite a while. I met an F-150 lightning owner in my neighborhood and he didn't even know what vampire drain was. Imagine that.

5cats

First Name
jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Toyota PriusV, BMW R1200GS &F750GS
Occupation
Scientist (Ret.)
Clubs

I know there are different teams and whatnot, but an all-hands-on-deck swarm to do nothing more than fix the absurd vampire drain is an update I'd take and not ask for anything else for quite a while. [...]
+1.
Sponsored