Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Mercedes 350GL, HD CVO Breakout
Occupation
Dentist
“Resume” function for ACC/Driver+ after cancelling with the brake pedal. Please. The rightmost button on the wheel.
Sponsored

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
-Apple Music app support
-Throttle Battery charge rate through the app
-Dash cam functionality
-Lane lock capability on normal roads.

If/when I get this I don’t know what more I could ask

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Probably already been mentioned, but please allow the car to be active in drive AND reverse with driver's door open. For those of you have done a fair share of towing, launching boats, etc, you already know why I desire this.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Mercedes 350GL, HD CVO Breakout
Occupation
Dentist
Probably already been mentioned, but please allow the car to be active in drive AND reverse with driver's door open. For those of you have done a fair share of towing, launching boats, etc, you already know why I desire this.
YES! For the love of all things holy.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

My list is still pretty lengthy. Unfortunately for Rivian, most of us are comparing it to Tesla because so much of what they've done has been from Tesla's playbook. With many having come from Tesla's, we easily realize what's missing. Fortunately, most will probably come in future updates. My list below is only partial and in order of preference to be done first....

1. Waypoints for Navigation. Love that we can now send an address from google maps to the truck and that the Navigation has it's own volume control. Two Tesla features that have been recently added.

2. Put a clock on the center instrument screen behind the steering wheel. Annoying have to look all the way over to the far right of the middle screen to get the time.

3. Charging limit choices of anywhere between 50% to 100%. Not just 70/85/100. This is available in the Tesla and a lot of other EV's.

4. GPS based auto open/close Garage door controls. One feature I do really miss from the Tesla.

5. Security system notifications to our phones. If the security system goes off, need instant notification. Also, if someone attempts to open a locked door, should send a notification. In time, would be nice if we can get camera views from our phone to monitor any alerts remotely.

6. Still need navigation instructions to default to hard drive data first, then to internet data. Takes way too long for it to pull up an address if the internet connection is weak.

7. Would really like a simple "summon" feature like what Tesla first offered and many other manufacturers are now offering. Not saying the truck has to come pick me up, but would be nice if we could remotely back it out of parking space when some A#$hole parks right up against your door.

8. The ability to place the icons we use most on the bottom row of the screen so the most frequently used apps can be a single tap away.

9. Ability to tell the truck that we've switched from 33" street wheels/tires to 34" all-terrain wheels/tires. Especially useful for those in cold weather climates that commonly change wheels/tires during winter. Not efficient time use for us or Rivian that we have to wait months for Rivian to send the truck an update each time.

My list goes on and on, but I'll leave it at that for now. Happy to see several updates come in the past few updates, including AC control. At least I have no desire for my truck to fart or play movies or video games!

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Noticed today with extremely limited Regen that one-pedal braking doesn't light up the brake lights at higher speed, even when completely off the throttle. IMO it was slowing enough that it felt like it should have turned the lights on. Had some car completely up my ass because they weren't paying attention to my slowing. I'd like the rear brake to signal intention, even if it's not slowing enough to trip whatever the regulatory g-force is.

Last edited:

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
- most vehicles when it’s raining and the car is in park will immediately suspend the windshield wipers when either the driver or passengers door is opened. This prevents the windshield wipers from throwing water on the driver or passenger when exiting the vehicle. Rivian’s wipers continue to throw water with the door open.

- I know there is another thread that discusses how turning fog lights on permanently isn’t currently a feature on the Rivian. But even in manual mode it doesn’t work the best. Tonight I was driving in heavy fog and switched the headlight + front fog lights on… the problem is the car continued to automatically turn on the brights which you don’t want to do in dense fog. I wish the sensors were smart enough to tell when there is fog and automatically enable the fog lights. Seems like something that could be possible utilizing the 3 forward facing cameras.

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
- another request. We have 3 frequent drivers of our R1S. I prefer Sport mode, ride stiff, Regen high. Driver 2 prefers sport mode, ride soft, Regen standard. Driver 3 prefers all purpose, ride soft, Regen high.
… it would be nice if we could pick a default drive mode, ride firmness, and Regen that was set to each of our profiles.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Why the F can’t I select a charging station on the route and tell it to re-route to there!? it’ll show the charger with an icon large enough to select, but won’t let you select it. To select it you have to end the trip, let the map zoom in, two finger tap 15 times to zoom out, wait for the entire F-ing map to spin around, select, then Start - ALL WHILE DRIVING!

Sponsored

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Apple Music
Dashcam
Reduced Phone Key Range (whenever I work in the garage or driveway, the truck keeps unlocking and locking)

Last edited:

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

Apple Music
Dashcam
Reduced Phone Key Range (whenever I work in the garage or driveway, the truck keeps unlocking and locking)
in settings you can turn this off 'while at home'

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

• reduced vampire drain and/or incorporate a low-power sleep mode, similar to shipping, that can be activated quickly and conveniently from the center screen and from the app
  • Move audio controls closer to the driver side of the screen
  • Fix the hvac heating/cooling transitions in winter conditions. Or maybe just give us direct control of heater intensity on a qualitative scale from 0 to Max. I believe they already do this on the EDV. You can call it Manual+ :)
  • Incorporate access to the over-bed, rear-facing camera
  • Re-activate my Driver+ pls. It doesn’t show as available anywhere

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
-Address crazy vampire drain (my #1 complaint)
-Move clock to left side of display and make font larger
-DashCam
Sponsored