Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Not sure why but my truck has been sitting over a week and has only lost about 15% in a 40 degF garage.
No offense but if you think losing 15% battery in a week is anywhere near acceptable youā€™re crazy. My Tesla would lose maybe 1-2% max, probably less. Thatā€™s over 2% per day. Multiple that over a year and your talking crazy amounts of kWH wasted.

Reactions: Guy

Seanfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just wrapping up week 1 and about 700 miles. This is my first EV and so far Iā€™m really enjoying it. I read all 38 pages of this thread and itā€™s great to see how many things have been addressed. A lot of my suggestions have already been mentioned.

My biggest disappointment is the lack of CarPlay or some sort of phone mirroring. I didnā€™t even think about it until I got the truck. Even my sonā€™s 4 year old Ford Fiesta has it! The Nav routing isnā€™t nearly as good as Waze, I like Apple Podcast, Teams calls, texting so many things I just expected to work that I now need to pick up my phone for. Even the built in Spotify is really finicky about cell reception. And showing no songs or playlists.

Now that I beat that dead horse Iā€™ll offer one idea I havenā€™t seen. How about a ā€œcurrent tripā€ meter with timer, miles, consumption. All my GM cars have that as does my BMW motorcycle. Itā€™s nice to get to the office and know you spent 90 minutes in traffic consuming X KWh without having to reset trip A or B.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
No offense but if you think losing 15% battery in a week is anywhere near acceptable youā€™re crazy. My Tesla would lose maybe 1-2% max, probably less. Thatā€™s over 2% per day. Multiple that over a year and your talking crazy amounts of kWH wasted.
I guess. At 10c/kwh annual that is like $110 a year. $9 a month. Not a big deal compared to what I am saving versus what I was paying for gas prior to the Rivian.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I guess. At 10c/kwh annual that is like $110 a year. $9 a month. Not a big deal compared to what I am saving versus what I was paying for gas prior to the Rivian.
Thatā€™s not my point. Might not be a big deal for you but #1 this shouldnā€™t even be happening in the first place and the fact we as owners accept it is crazy and #2 if you multiply this across 25,000+ vehicles you are talking about a massive energy loss/draw that just simply isnā€™t necessary. Your 1 vehicle sure, over thousands of vehicles itā€™s a massive unnecessary drain.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I would like my navigation to be silent again. It was for a while, I normally set the voice to off whenever I get a new car. And I did for this also. But the last 2-3 weeks (maybe since the last update), the voice will come on, but at a very low volume (2-4 on the loud-o-meter, 9-10 on the annoy-me-meter). It is very annoying. It lowers the volume of the music. I check my settings it is off. I start driving, I get audio, I turn it off again, it comes on again for the next turn. Another reason not to use Rivian navigation.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Thatā€™s not my point. Might not be a big deal for you but #1 this shouldnā€™t even be happening in the first place and the fact we as owners accept it is crazy and #2 if you multiply this across 25,000+ vehicles you are talking about a massive energy loss/draw that just simply isnā€™t necessary. Your 1 vehicle sure, over thousands of vehicles itā€™s a massive unnecessary drain.
I concur. But they must be heating something or cooling something. Maybe unnecessary, but that energy is being used for something. Maybe they are too conservative on maintaining battery temps.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I concur. But they must be heating something or cooling something. Maybe unnecessary, but that energy is being used for something. Maybe they are too conservative on maintaining battery temps.
My Tesla doesnā€™t do it. Most other EVs donā€™t do it. Rivian is the only one with this problem. Needs to be addressed. If you read some of the other threads on vampire drain you can see the issueā€¦.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
My Tesla doesnā€™t do it. Most other EVs donā€™t do it. Rivian is the only one with this problem. Needs to be addressed. If you read some of the other threads on vampire drain you can see the issueā€¦.
I surrender. I care more about my noisy front end, drooping front right pulling to right, , ideas for updates, etc... but I do get your point and agree.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I surrender. I care more about my noisy front end, drooping front right pulling to right, , ideas for updates, etc... but I do get your point and agree.
I agree with @DTown3011 in that the R1 has much higher drain compared to most other EVs and there doesn't seem to be a good reason as to why. From what you said earlier 15% is around 18-19 kWh assuming a 125 kWh usable battery and I can't find a good reason why a parked vehicle would use that much energy.

I mean sure if Gear Guard is running then high battery drain can be expected and I am sure Teslas also have higher drain with Sentry mode active and if cabin overheat protection is on as well but in my experience with my R1 I lose 2-3% a day while it's parked in my garage (proximity key and Gear Guard disabled when at home). Considering my electricity is near 30 cents per kWh I feel that it's just wasting money for nothing. In comparison my Ioniq Electric can sit for weeks and it would only lose single digit percent points and that's with a battery that's a little more than a third of the size of the R1T. I get that the R1 has much more tech and features that can use up battery so it'll be nice to at least know why this is happening.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
agree with all the comments +

valet mode

-It would be nice to limit acceleration and top speed and deactivate bed and gear tunnel opening when in this mode.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
in settings you can turn this off 'while at home'
Then you have to use the app and manually lock and unlock. That isnā€™t a solution. Itā€˜s a crappy hack/workaround.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I would like my navigation to be silent again. It was for a while, I normally set the voice to off whenever I get a new car. And I did for this also. But the last 2-3 weeks (maybe since the last update), the voice will come on, but at a very low volume (2-4 on the loud-o-meter, 9-10 on the annoy-me-meter). It is very annoying. It lowers the volume of the music. I check my settings it is off. I start driving, I get audio, I turn it off again, it comes on again for the next turn. Another reason not to use Rivian navigation.
There's a new volume slider for navigation. Click the speaker icon on the bottom right and then the expansion button to show the other volume levels.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

There's a new volume slider for navigation. Click the speaker icon on the bottom right and then the expansion button to show the other volume levels.
Thanks, but Iā€™ve tried that. Every time. Just seems to always come back at a low volume.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Thanks, but Iā€™ve tried that. Every time. Just seems to always come back at a low volume.
Speaker icon in the navigation screen with an X means it changes the next cycle? Mine doesn't come back on. Definitely some kind of a bug for you then. Hopefully Rivian knows about it to address it (like if they have people watching this thread)
Sponsored