Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
  • Give us access to gauges that a regular truck has, and maybe a few others. Motor temp, battery temp, perhaps a quantitative display of power delivered/regened (in kW), a cool little diagram that shows which motors are getting power (like the Lightning has).
  • Let us display energy *consumption* (kWh/100miles) as an alternative to miles/kWh.
  • Allow us to show an odometer and trip gauge on the IC, rather than having to dig through menus while driving.

All of this should be so easy. I’m kinda worried that they haven’t done it not because it’s time consuming, but because they are trying to over-simplify the interface and take away all visibility from the owner.

Bring back RiDE!!!
Sponsored

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and counting….
Clubs

- most vehicles when it’s raining and the car is in park will immediately suspend the windshield wipers when either the driver or passengers door is opened. This prevents the windshield wipers from throwing water on the driver or passenger when exiting the vehicle. Rivian’s wipers continue to throw water with the door open.

- I know there is another thread that discusses how turning fog lights on permanently isn’t currently a feature on the Rivian. But even in manual mode it doesn’t work the best. Tonight I was driving in heavy fog and switched the headlight + front fog lights on… the problem is the car continued to automatically turn on the brights which you don’t want to do in dense fog. I wish the sensors were smart enough to tell when there is fog and automatically enable the fog lights. Seems like something that could be possible utilizing the 3 forward facing cameras.
If you pull the turn signal lever back when the headlights are onit will deactivate the auto high beam function (pulling it again will reactivate)

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so maybe it's just me, but I really want a button to fold/unfold the mirrors on the camera view screen. I have to fold the mirrors when backing out of my garage and it always annoys me to back up until I'm close, then exit out of the camera screen and go into the vehicle screen to fold the mirrors, back up till the mirrors are clear, and then exit out of the camera screen again to unfold the mirrors.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

In no particular order:

- Dashcam
- USB music (please Rivian I beg)
- Auto lane change with Driver+
- If Carplay is completely off the table then at least have integration with 3rd party apps like ABRP, Waze, Plugshare
- Ability to alter charging stops in the navigation route planning.
- Plug and charge for Electrify America
- Turn signal blind spot cameras
- Media info in instrument cluster (another slide on the left section)
- Customizable rain sensing wiper sensitivity (sometimes I feel like it doesn't wipe enough and other times in mild rain it goes full speed unnecessarily)
- Some more automated features would be nice (GPS garage door opening, heated seat/wheel on when temp below a set value)
- Smarter auto ride height changes. I've noticed that the auto ride height does not take GPS into account and only seems to do speed. So what happens is that if there is a slow down on a ramp coming off one highway to another the height goes up then down again. If Driver+ is activated based on it knowing your are on a highway I think the system should automatically lower if you are on a highway and stay lowered.
- Wake up and see live Gear Guard feed from phone app
- Be able to toggle between rear bumper cam and the upper spoiler cam

I can go on and on but this is what I can think of right now.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

don't think plug n charge would work with EA (same reason as no evgo?)

Sponsored

SimplePiMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, VW ID.4 AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

After driving the R1S for a couple weeks now, there are 2 items that would greatly improve the experience:
1. The existing "Lock Passenger Windows" (which locks 3 windows) should be supplanted by a new "Lock Rear Windows" mode. My spouse in the front passenger seat needs window control, my small kids in the back seat do not. Most cars already operate this way for window locks.
2. For the rear climate control screen, add an option to show trip information. This should include: time to destination (a.k.a. "are we there yet"), clock, map, SoC/miles remaining, current speed, inside and outside temperature, etc.. Basically anything that would answer the kiddos' most burning questions about the trip, much like the seat back screens in an airplane showing maps and stats.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

1. Dashcam Dashcam Dashcam!!
  2. Fix phantom drain
  3. Fix key range
  4. Preconditioning the cabin should precondition the battery
  5. More customization of the center screen
  6. Option to turn on the heated steering wheel with the heated seat. Seat icon is easy, steering wheel icon requires me to open the climate menu, wtf?
  7. More options in the app

MattegreenR1T

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch
Occupation
Director of Compliance
Phone App "Hopes"
Auto lock and unlock location setting better ( locks automatically when loading the frunk or bed of the truck)
View Gear guard from APP
Active cameras from app

Unlock bed or open bed cover
Turn on Outlets

Truck Hopes-
Phone Mirroring
Being able to downloading streaming apps ( Netflix, Disney) Etc
When T Cover is closed having access to Bed of truck through cabin for long items
Overdrive for freeway only no recharge or access to limit recharge for more cruising

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They should prioritize eliminating or drastically reducing the vampire drain above all else at the moment. Forma
Company that’s tagline is “vehicles for the planet” this is tremendously wasteful and must be addressed.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
  1. Dashcam Dashcam Dashcam!!
  2. Fix phantom drain
  3. Fix key range
  4. Preconditioning the cabin should precondition the battery
  5. More customization of the center screen
  6. Option to turn on the heated steering wheel with the heated seat. Seat icon is easy, steering wheel icon requires me to open the climate menu, wtf?
  7. More options in the app
The cabin precondition doesn’t automatically precondition the battery currently? That’s a miss.

Sponsored

Bristlecone

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired (newspaper reporter)
Clubs

They should prioritize eliminating or drastically reducing the vampire drain above all else at the moment. Forma
Company that’s tagline is “vehicles for the planet” this is tremendously wasteful and must be addressed.
Absolutely. Plus -- and this is obviously not a software update -- but a heat pump should be an option to help out with what appears from this forum to be major range reduction in cold weather. The efficiency/vampire drain issues are giving me serious second thoughts about purchasing a Rivian.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The cabin precondition doesn’t automatically precondition the battery currently? That’s a miss.
It does, but not as far as you need for DC charging. There's no point to taking it to that high of a temperature.

epnfrn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 4S Cab, Acura MDX, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Physician
1. Carplay (of course) - but at least add Waze :)
2. Make left steering wheel buttons advance through radio presets (not through all available stations)

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Not sure why but my truck has been sitting over a week and has only lost about 15% in a 40 degF garage.
Sponsored