Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Based on the photos, I'd be replacing those front tires. I wouldn't want them as my rears with that little tread.
I wouldn't even let my wife drive on tires like that, front or rear!
(just kidding honey)

So much for 50k miles
The Pirellis I've had experience with have all worn rapidly. I would be amazed if anybody got 50k out of a set; if that is what they are rated at.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I wouldn't even let my wife drive on tires like that, front or rear!
(just kidding honey)

The Pirellis I've had experience with have all worn rapidly. I would be amazed if anybody got 50k out of a set; if that is what they are rated at.
They are

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
I have the 20 ATs and about 8k (10 months) on mine and both front and rear are at 7/32. Is it 10/32 they start out at? I don’t recall what they were at when I rotated myself at 5k but I do recall them being the same wear. I use conserve very rarely, about one every few months when I’ve a longer trip.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I have the 20 ATs and about 8k (10 months) on mine and both front and rear are at 7/32. Is it 10/32 they start out at? I don’t recall what they were at when I rotated myself at 5k but I do recall them being the same wear. I use conserve very rarely, about one every few months when I’ve a longer trip.
Is the generally accepted practice to rotate at 5K miles with a straight front to back rotation?

Sponsored

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
Is the generally accepted practice to rotate at 5K miles with a straight front to back rotation?

I’ve seen many different so called recommendations from folks speaking to service center employees who state anything from 5k to 10k plus. Take them all with a grain of salt. I do mine (5 tire rotation ) at 5k just because I can and I love any excuse to work on the truck :)

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
I haven’t read the tread but the BEST tires should be on the rear. Rotating those spent front tires to the rear is a safety hazard.

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
I haven’t read the tread but the BEST tires should be on the rear. Rotating those spent front tires to the rear is a safety hazard.
This is always what I’ve heard as well which then begs the question why rotate at all? As soon as you start driving on a set of brand new tires, the rears are always going to be better. So why not just keep driving until the fronts wear out, get a new pair installed in the rear and move the rears up front? Then you never have to rotate and you’re always in the safest possible arrangement?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

So much for 50k miles
Per the above, and the internets, starts at 13/32. Safe time to change is 4/32. So 5550 miles per 1/32. Op says little Conserve mode driving, so I'm guessing aggressive CA driving and no regular rotation led to his early demise?

I hit 20k miles at the 1 year mark and was at 8/32 front and 6/32 rear after a rotation, I include the spare when it's done. Wear is pretty even across the patch. I'm hoping to get 35k out of mine! Couple more Montana road trips this summer, then switch to AS+3 and see how they fair.

Seems kinda silly to use ATs on so many road trips and asphalt driving, I keep thinking of switching to AS+3 sooner to get that range and soft ride. I only got 20s for access to more tire options anyway. But that's just a waste of money, right? Just wait till they kick the bucket?

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Per the above, and the internets, starts at 13/32. Safe time to change is 4/32. So 5550 miles per 1/32. Op says little Conserve mode driving, so I'm guessing aggressive CA driving and no regular rotation led to his early demise?

I hit 20k miles at the 1 year mark and was at 8/32 front and 6/32 rear after a rotation, I include the spare when it's done. Wear is pretty even across the patch. I'm hoping to get 35k out of mine! Couple more Montana road trips this summer, then switch to AS+3 and see how they fair.

Seems kinda silly to use ATs on so many road trips and asphalt driving, I keep thinking of switching to AS+3 sooner to get that range and soft ride. I only got 20s for access to more tire options anyway. But that's just a waste of money, right? Just wait till they kick the bucket?
Responsible driving... well done

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

When u change to AS+3, the guessometer won't be as accurate right?

Smas1

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Contractor
Front tires wore super fast compared to back in 15k miles and 10 months in. Just had Rivian rotate them for $60. Check out difference…

61172DA0-264C-45CE-B0C2-67C6A45301E2.jpeg

83A25C36-CE23-410F-BDEA-E7601A2829D8.jpeg

0BB68D2A-8BD0-4C30-A11B-7391835E61B1.jpeg

8634716A-D09E-48EF-92B1-360BB8784BE6.jpeg

D5DC6A6F-39A7-4174-900F-33FD0600C2E3.jpeg
@Herson if you want, I’ll trade you my 22” sports and you won’t have to replace those tires :) I’m located in Orange County..

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

When u change to AS+3, the guessometer won't be as accurate right?
I'm hoping to time my swap for when the wife's R1S with 21s comes in (still thinking about getting 20s for her for ease of future swaps/options). Either do a swap-a-roo with her wheels or book something for her vehicle, show up in mine, everyone gets/acts confused, and hopefully they just hit the buttons to make me happy and leave.

Also in my experience, Bellevue has been very independent/friendly/welcoming to customer ideas and might be willing to just do it off the books.