First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Perfect! Thanks for making my point. the Dawn Project IS Dan O’Dowd who i previously referenced. Lol. This has been debunked! Proven that FSD WAS NOT ENGAGED IN THISE VIDEOS and filmed at 240P (lower than old DVDs) and screen blurred out. Never shows interior view when “accident” occurs. Sorry your knowledge of this is so limited

Once again. The RAW VIDEO FOOTAGE was released and it was engaged. Read the article from the Drive I posted. I'm sure you will have a problem with someone there also. This is just getting more sad with each excuse attempt.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EVsinROC

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP, GL550, M3, Jag XJL SC, R1S & CT on order
Serious question, do your clown shoes come in specific sizes or is it more of a "one size fits most" situation, given they're... you know... fucking clown shoes.
Let me educat u further…Grey wheel on screen = cruise control only/no auto steer. Blue wheel = FSD engaged. Why is the video not in HD ot 4K? Why warmings on screen not legible? Believe what u want to support ur narrative, but ask yourself why video quality is so poor and blurred. Doesn’t it seem like they r trying to hide something?

SparkyR1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t/Model Y
Occupation
Retired Commercial Electrician and mechanic
As to the term recall would like to see OTA software update come into use for those manufacturers that actually have it. Recall is an outdated or becoming outdated term and meant having to take your vehicle into a dealer and the inconvience associated with it. The issue that is causing the OTA may still be very serious but the fix happens in the background today.

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
As to the term recall would like to see OTA software update come into use for those manufacturers that actually have it. Recall is an outdated or becoming outdated term and meant having to take your vehicle into a dealer and the inconvience associated with it. The issue that is causing the OTA may still be very serious but the fix happens in the background today.
A recall is just the identification of a safety-related defect in the vehicle or equipment. People associate it with taking the vehicle in to be fixed, but that doesn't mean that's what it is.

OTA is just the way this particular recall is being repaired. Here's more than you probably ever wanted to know about recalls. https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.gov/files/documents/14218-mvsdefectsandrecalls_041619-v2-tag.pdf

I think this delineation is important, otherwise the Tesla's of the world would all just call it an OTA and it gets blurred with something that encompasses lots of things - most typically associated with the improvement or introduction of new features - but not necessarily due to solely safety reasons.

If a manufacturer deploys software that creates a safety related defect (as NHTSA has determined in the case of autosteering) then it should be clearly identified as recall - especially in a case where the manufacture is forced to as a result of government intervention. It's important that the consumer understand that this is a bigger issue than just adding some new features. EV manufacturers are already blurring the line between things that would previously have been identified as a voluntary recall, but now is just addressed through OTA updates, with the change buried in the update notes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Recalls are definitely different than just calling it an OTA update. The manufacturer is obligated to remedy a recall because it's a safety defect. Company X might decide to stop supporting a vehicle in 5-10 years but a defect is found in year 11. They would still be obligated to repair/remedy vehicles that are up to 15 years old that still have that defect.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Let me educat u further…Grey wheel on screen = cruise control only/no auto steer. Blue wheel = FSD engaged. Why is the video not in HD ot 4K? Why warmings on screen not legible? Believe what u want to support ur narrative, but ask yourself why video quality is so poor and blurred. Doesn’t it seem like they r trying to hide something?
How dare you try to educat me about warmings on screen?!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
AGAIN: raw footage released. FSD ENGAGED. Additional tests = same results.

Sponsored

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
So isn't the two million practically all the Tesla vehicles?

I think the news is dramatizing this based on the two million number.
I think the data clearly shows Auto pilot is safer than human driving per highway miles driven. Having owned model X, Y. R1T, Both need clear markings, but Tesla system is far more advanced than Rivian. It can actually anticipate a car next to me moving into my lane, reads traffic lights, changes the lane etc. My brother, a retired Ford engineer says Tesla is 5-6 yrs ahead of competitors.

EVsinROC

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP, GL550, M3, Jag XJL SC, R1S & CT on order
I think the data clearly shows Auto pilot is safer than human driving per highway miles driven. Having owned model X, Y. R1T, Both need clear markings, but Tesla system is far more advanced than Rivian. It can actually anticipate a car next to me moving into my lane, reads traffic lights, changes the lane etc. My brother, a retired Ford engineer says Tesla is 5-6 yrs ahead of competitors.
Yessir! Rivian owners have no idea how far behind they are. Not their fault. Tesla light years ahead

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
Yessir! Rivian owners have no idea how far behind they are. Not their fault. Tesla light years ahead
Most Rivian owners have done the research and are well aware that the Tesla software is more robust. That doesn't make it safer though. That's why there's a recall - because evidence has proven it's not operating safely in certain situations.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Most Rivian owners have done the research and are well aware that the Tesla software is more robust. That doesn't make it safer though. That's why there's a recall - because evidence has proven it's not operating safely in certain situations.
The software is fine and safe as a level 2 ADAS. NHTSA wants to nerf it because a few people are morons who don't understand how the system works and use it incorrectly.
Sponsored