• Poll closed .

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Weirdly, I had an R1S showing after the update. And for a split second I had a Silver R1T again! (No stripes this time…newbies won’t understand that). I’ve started always doing a hard reset after updates. Supposedly it does one after the update, but the images were fixed after me manually doing one. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Gary@114

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Health care
Clubs

Updated with no issues. Oddly enough, the update fixed my menu issues as I had to touch the menu items multiple times prior to the update and after the update the screen is much more redponsive

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

I noticed navigating around a jeep wrangler showed a motorcycle in the driver screen. That was weird.

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
The ability to add stops to the trip planner is nice, although I think it would be helpful, for planning purposes, to have the ability to set the departure SoC in addition to the arrival SoC.
I am able to set the departure range with app version 2.5.0 on Android. See attached screen shot below for how I do it. I thought this was available for a while but I can't remember which version it was added.

Rivian R1T R1S Software Update 2023.46.0 is rolling out Screenshot_20231212_210940_Photos

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
I am able to set the departure range with app version 2.5.0 on Android. See attached screen shot below for how I do it. I thought this was available for a while but I can't remember which version it was added.

Screenshot_20231212_210940_Photos.jpg
You're right. I hit too far to the right and got the option for vehicle location and didn't know there was another prompt for SoC! Thanks!

Sponsored

Ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Audi, and 2 Jeeps
I received mine yesterday and updated without issue. I drove the normal route this morning, everything worked, new lane change adaptive worked great! Equal match if not better than our 23 Grand Cherokee which I thought was one of the better systems. The Rivian locks onto the newly changed lane quicker than the Jeep and resumes control without fuss. Thanks Rivian!

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Completed the update last night - it seemed like it went through fine based on phone notification.

I'm not with our T today but wife just called to let me know it seems to be unlocking at home again. That setting was off but it's sitting in the driveway unlocked after not having been driven for ~24 hours and sitting locked when the update went through last night. I'll try [RE]setting proxy unlock to off at home again to see if that fixes it.

So, PAaK settings are spotty now? Do tech companies not have a sandbox any longer?
I figured out my scheduled charging lost its "home location" and was charging every time it got plugged in after the update ran. I wonder if PaaK / don't unlock at home needs to have the home pin redropped as well.

sb335xi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 BMW M5C
Occupation
Systems Engineer
🤔 we’ve done all our updates since purchase while plugged in… no problems so far. ~13 updates and counting.
Same. Typically simply plug in overnight and when we're ready to update, just fire it off at that time (since July 2022).

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
As you probably already heard on social media, The Count's home charger is now cranking away at 11kW.
Yes, it came across my Google News feed this morning.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer

Screenshot_20231212_210940_Photos.jpg
That feature has been there for a few releases, also you can select the drive mode for the trip.

I played with the trip planner and here are a few things I found:

1) If you hit plan first, without inserting any stops, it is not so useful. You can insert waypoints, but it will not adjust the pre-selected chargers. Also you cannot delete chargers in the planner, once they are set.
2) It is best to insert the chargers you want prior to hitting the Plan button. But it is really odd, in that I can enter "Electrify America Charger" with "City Name", and it inserts that as a charging stop. But if I type "RAN" or "Rivian Adventure Network" with "City Name", it gets confused. I just have to insert a "City Name" for the RAN charger for it to find it.
3) Even with the trip all planned with desired charging stops, it may insert extra charging stops as well, if you actually want longer legs. Then they cannot be deleted in the planner. I suppose they can be deleted after sending to the truck, but have not tested that yet.

Rivian still has a ways to go in usability. I would prefer a way to select the stops on the map, not having to type them in. And to be able to just hit plan, then adjust (delete and insert) after the plan is completed. Unclear as to why they only included the delete feature in the truck and not in the planner.

Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
That feature has been there for a few releases, also you can select the drive mode for the trip.

I played with the trip planner and here are a few things I found:

1) If you hit plan first, without inserting any stops, it is not so useful. You can insert waypoints, but it will not adjust the pre-selected chargers. Also you cannot delete chargers in the planner, once they are set.
2) It is best to insert the chargers you want prior to hitting the Plan button. But it is really odd, in that I can enter "Electrify America Charger" with "City Name", and it inserts that as a charging stop. But if I type "RAN" or "Rivian Adventure Network" with "City Name", it gets confused. I just have to insert a "City Name" for the RAN charger for it to find it.
3) Even with the trip all planned with desired charging stops, it may insert extra charging stops as well, if you actually want longer legs. Then they cannot be deleted in the planner. I suppose they can be deleted after sending to the truck, but have not tested that yet.

Rivian still has a ways to go in usability. I would prefer a way to select the stops on the map, not having to type them in. And to be able to just hit plan, then adjust (delete and insert) after the plan is completed. Unclear as to why they only included the delete feature in the truck and not in the planner.
Yea I hear ya. I played around with it yesterday.

Google maps to Rivian shows up as waypoints. So I did some manual work on the screen(not app).

1. Hit the "lightening" symbol, that displays charging stations on the map.
2. Zoom into the waypoints that showed up when I transferred to Rivian map. You should see the charging station near your waypoint
3. Added that near by charging station. When you add it, it goes to the bottom of the route.
4. Drag that from bottom to where it belongs in route. Then delete the original waypoint.
5. Rinse and repeat for all way points

Sadly I was unable to save this. So you'll have to do it when you actually head out on your journey.

Folks may ask why don't you just use waypoints. Answer: your car needs to know that waypoint is a charging station so it can pre-condition the battery for fast charge.

Last edited:

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yea I hear ya. I played around with it yesterday.

Google maps to Rivian shows up as waypoints. So I did some manual work on the screen(not app).

1. Hit the "lightening" symbol, that displays charging stations on the map.
2. Zoom into the waypoints that showed up when I transferred to Rivian map. You should see the charging station near your waypoint
3. Added that near by charging station. When you add it, it goes to the bottom of the route.
4. Drag that from bottom to where it belongs in route. Then delete the original waypoint.
5. Rinse and repeat for all way points

Sadly I was unable to save this. So you'll have to do it when you actually head out on your journey.

Folks may ask why don't you just use waypoints. Answer: your car needs to know that waypoint is a charging station so it can pre-condition the battery for fast charge.
Sounds exhausting. :oops:

But thank you for figuring out this work around for us.
👍

tomis916

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
🤔 we’ve done all our updates since purchase while plugged in… no problems so far. ~13 updates and counting.
They pushed the update to me again last night and it came through fine. I left the car unplugged - just in case.

I received a follow-up call from Service today. I asked whether I should unplug Level 2 charging before taking the update. He said there is no need to unplug. He said early on, they wanted no charge connection, but they've dropped that. He did say, however, that the updates can fail for a wide variety of reasons, including power surges, so that unplugging can at least eliminate one variable. I think I will just unplug in the future.

LeftMySoulinNM

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Updated last night. Affected by the last gorked update so was a bit gun shy this time around. On first attempt received a failed update notification on my phone that said to check the screen in the vehicle for more info - nothing to see there. Initiated the update again from the car this time and it installed successfully and haven’t heard any complaints from the Mrs. So far. R1S

LeftMySoulinNM

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Also, the car was charging while initiating the update and it aborted and I wasn’t able to charge until after completion. Had a red light at charge port and had to unplug and retry. More of the same with charging bugs. Hopefully this update improves this.
Sponsored