I updated the software to 2023.46.0 and

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
The new lane change feature is amazing. Always hated having to re-engage the thing (same thing with Teslas included Autopilot)
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Do NOT have it plugged in (plenty of charge). Their notes say "do not be connected to a SC" ... but that appears to be incorrect. It simply will fail immediately if you are plugged in at all (L1/2/or 3).
That’s not true. O
The new lane change feature is amazing. Always hated having to re-engage the thing (same thing with Teslas included Autopilot)
yep my favorite feature of this update.

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
After almost two years of ownership and literally dozens of OTA updates, mine has been plugged into my ChargePoint L2 charger in my garage during each one and I've never had an update fail. What's even stranger is that I've been on this forum for over two years and never knew it wasn't supposed to be plugged in during an update. I guess ignorance is indeed bliss...until something goes wrong. :rolleyes:

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

Do NOT have it plugged in (plenty of charge). Their notes say "do not be connected to a SC" ... but that appears to be incorrect. It simply will fail immediately if you are plugged in at all (L1/2/or 3).
The note says to not be connected to a DC fast charger. Nothing about L1/2.

Sponsored

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

Being able to pre-plan multiple stop routes, including setting the starting charge level, naming and saving them, is terrific. I have a multi-stop volunteer food delivery route I do weekly, and it’s now saved on my phone. Also several long trips to frequently-visited destinations, including preferred charging stations. Even Tesla only added multi-stop routes about 18 months ago, and without the pre-planning and save ability.

Another highly useful update, not to mention the driver+ lane change resume, which I haven’t really had the chance to try but am looking forward to using.

The only issue I see has been noted by others - the total route view is zoomed out more than needed, and didn’t dynamically adjust by zooming in as I drove.

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
Man, I think I got bumped back to the end of the line after the last fiasco. My update history: Usually I was towards the end of the first week, but I was skipped completely on the .34 update. Put in a ticket after 38 rolled out and I got it the next day. Then I got .42 the first day it rolled out, and got the temporary infortainment brick. Now I still haven't seen .46, and I have a road trip coming up this evening where the lane change would be awesome. Oh well.

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
I don't understand why so many are so terrified about OTA updates after the last incident. Once a company that size made a big QA mistake like 42.0, they will probably never (a least in the next couple of years) make the same mistake again; I'm sure Rivian had beef up their QA process.
Because even before that OTA update a previous update took out my gps wifi and internet and had to go to the service center which took more than three weeks to get fixed.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Bluetooth shot post update, several adding phone as key issues. Can't use hands free phone or stream via Bluetooth from phone anymore. Also noticed camp speaker chimes going off in the car while doors closed in the garage at home.

Nothing Phone 2

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Bluetooth shot post update, several adding phone as key issues. Can't use hands free phone or stream via Bluetooth from phone anymore. Also noticed camp speaker chimes going off in the car while doors closed in the garage at home.

Nothing Phone 2
Sounds like the Camp Speaker is hijacking the connection. Turn off and remove the Camp Speaker.

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
I attempted the update (42.1 to 46.0) yesterday and it failed, left an error message on the Updates screen. I called the SC today and they looked into it, pushed the update again immediately (I saw the download on my router), and it went on with no issues. I’ve had my R1T for 18 months, first time I’ve had any problems but all is fine now.

-Joel

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

For the last couple of releases, I had been doing a PDF compare of the owner's guides for the R1T that correspond to the previous and new software versions. I wish Rivian would just highlight any changes, but since they don't, I do this, and usually learn something. This time I figured I would share my learnings since I noticed some things that I haven't seen in the threads yet.

This is not a complete list, but just the parts I thought were interesting and that you might miss otherwise. Also, I'm skipping the obvious updates, such as explanations of major new features such as multi-stop NAV, lane change, clear settings, etc.

(Link to the new owner's guide)
  • On page 21, there is a recommendation for a specific brand and model of battery to use for the key fob. Oddly specific.
  • A new section that explains a few details about motor temperatures on page 126. (I'm guessing after they added the Guage view, they got inundated by questions about why motor temperatures are so high, and so they are trying to be more proactive about providing the explanations for situations such as climbing steep obstacles or warming the battery.)
  • There is a new section titled "Rotate Tires" on page 266 and shows tire rotation pattern and provides a recommendation to rotate every 7500 miles.
  • There is a new section titled "About vehicle maintenance" on page 270 that recommends maintenance every 7500 miles, and then says to contact Rivian for more info.
  • Rewrote the description of how the seat belt reminder works in the passenger seat
  • They removed the requirement that the gear tunnel doors, in addition to the main doors, need to be closed to level the vehicle (someone should try this to see if it works).
  • Apparently there was a section in the previous version of the owner's guide about some electrical air compressor that came with the car and would work off of 12V (not the built-in one, but some other one). I found that surprising, and I guess it makes sense they just deleted that section altogether.
  • On page 252, they added a note about acceptable tread depth differences between pairs of tires installed on the same truck.
If people find this helpful, let me know, I'd be happy to write up notes after future software releases as well. (Or Rivian could just provide a changelog ;-) ).

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
For the last couple of releases, I had been doing a PDF compare of the owner's guides for the R1T that correspond to the previous and new software versions. I wish Rivian would just highlight any changes, but since they don't, I do this, and usually learn something. This time I figured I would share my learnings since I noticed some things that I haven't seen in the threads yet.

This is not a complete list, but just the parts I thought were interesting and that you might miss otherwise. Also, I'm skipping the obvious updates, such as explanations of major new features such as multi-stop NAV, lane change, clear settings, etc.

• On page 21, there is a recommendation for a specific brand and model of battery to use for the key fob. Oddly specific.
  • A new section that explains a few details about motor temperatures on page 126. (I'm guessing after they added the Guage view, they got inundated by questions about why motor temperatures are so high, and so they are trying to be more proactive about providing the explanations for situations such as climbing steep obstacles or warming the battery.)
  • There is a new section titled "Rotate Tires" on page 266 and shows tire rotation pattern and provides a recommendation to rotate every 7500 miles.
  • There is a new section titled "About vehicle maintenance" on page 270 that recommends maintenance every 7500 miles, and then says to contact Rivian for more info.
  • Rewrote the description of how the seat belt reminder works in the passenger seat
  • They removed the requirement that the gear tunnel doors, in addition to the main doors, need to be closed to level the vehicle (someone should try this to see if it works).
  • Apparently there was a section in the previous version of the owner's guide about some electrical air compressor that came with the car and would work off of 12V (not the built-in one, but some other one). I found that surprising, and I guess it makes sense they just deleted that section altogether.
  • On page 252, they added a note about acceptable tread depth differences between pairs of tires installed on the same truck.
If people find this helpful, let me know, I'd be happy to write up notes after future software releases as well. (Or Rivian could just provide a changelog ;-) ).
I found this very helpful. Thank you.

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan

this is excellent, very helpful - thank you
Sponsored