Sponsored

Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)?

rprevatt

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor
Clubs

If you search the forums you can find free shipping code for evsportline... (RIVFORUM). That'll save you ~$150.
I was ordering the RMaxx rock sliders this morning when I ran across the 'rust' discussion. I saw that EVS responded and said they'd take care of it.. so I'm good with that. Honestly, it's the lead time that is killing me. I've seen people report they've been waiting since January. ??? That's enough to make me pay the extra for the DCE opotion.

That said, I did try to use the shipping code and it told me it wasn't available in my area (Cali). Sooo... DCE it is I guess.
Sponsored

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S Launch Edition, ‘20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs

I was ordering the RMaxx rock sliders this morning when I ran across the 'rust' discussion. I saw that EVS responded and said they'd take care of it.. so I'm good with that. Honestly, it's the lead time that is killing me. I've seen people report they've been waiting since January. ??? That's enough to make me pay the extra for the DCE opotion.

That said, I did try to use the shipping code and it told me it wasn't available in my area (Cali). Sooo... DCE it is I guess.

They do the installation in Van Nuys. Maybe you can pick up if close?

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40

If you haven't already ordered your DCE sliders. Try the code ABD5. It saved me 5%. My DCE sliders showed up 3.5 weeks after ordering them.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

If you haven't already ordered your DCE sliders. Try the code ABD5. It saved me 5%. My DCE sliders showed up 3.5 weeks after ordering them.
Ordering now from DCE like I wish I had in February

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Can someone post pictures of the various sliders installed (RMaxx, DCE, Megawatt, etc.) but from the bottom / underneath of the vehicle?

I would like to see how the coverage looks and how much of the stock body / frame is exposed once you remove the plastic panels and install sliders.

Thanks in advance.

Senp7788

First Name
Sen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I’ll throw my vote behind the @EV Sportline boards and sliders!

70240893242__A1142E02-FA23-4B3A-8DAC-7AA82D84A27D.jpeg
I’ll throw my vote behind the @EV Sportline boards and sliders!

70240893242__A1142E02-FA23-4B3A-8DAC-7AA82D84A27D.jpeg
jebinc!! Those boards are nice with the yellow strip! Is that an option or did you customize that yourself?? I am about to order running boards from EV or DCE....I am torn. EV's timeline is a bit concerning from what I have gathered and of course DCE is a lot more expensive but I guess you get what you pay for.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
jebinc!! Those boards are nice with the yellow strip! Is that an option or did you customize that yourself?? I am about to order running boards from EV or DCE....I am torn. EV's timeline is a bit concerning from what I have gathered and of course DCE is a lot more expensive but I guess you get what you pay for.

Check out my welting mod thread 😊 - all your questions shall be answered. And this only with the @EV Sportline boards or sliders! 🔥

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...running-boards-–-“oh-yeah-”.13507/post-300645

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
P.S. I believe @EV Sportline running boards (what I have) are in stock and ship same day now. Sliders are back ordered a couple of months. Maybe @EV Sportline can comment.

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? IMG_6694

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? IMG_6625

Compass Yellow welting earlier, this is black and I also run LA Silver when the mood strikes!

Acon

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I installed the Weistec DCE sliders on Monday. Very solid construction and my family loves the egress improvement.

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

P.S. I believe @EV Sportline running boards (what I have) are in stock and ship same day now. Sliders are back ordered a couple of months. Maybe @EV Sportline can comment.

IMG_6694.jpeg

IMG_6625.jpeg

Compass Yellow welting earlier, this is black and I also run LA Silver when the mood strikes!
Yes sir, batch of running boards in process right now - will be shipping within 2 weeks.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I found picture of all three using their install videos.

From what I can see, is that the RMaxx has the most replacement coverage/protection in place of the plastic stock panel, which then leads to the least amount of body/frame being exposed.

DCE has the brand reputation, good build quality, and a fair amount of replacement coverage for the plastic stock panel.

Megawatt has the least amount of coverage, but has good build quality and rear tire kick out.

I am hoping for rivian to announce their rock sliders which were patented recently, s00ner rather than later.

RMaxx

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? img_4633-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? img_4619-

DCE

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? Rivian-Rock-Sliders

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? IMG_0859 (2)

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? img_4628-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? img_4629-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? img_4611-

Megawatt

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? img_4636-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? img_4625-

Rivian R1T R1S Running boards and rock rails, what are my current choices (R1S)? img_4610-

Last edited: