First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Completely agree. Do you mind sharing pictures of how you running boards r installed? Like the gap and the look ?
Sure. I'll take some pics tomorrow when the daylight comes back. There are some pics of my install a bit earlier in this thread but prolly dont do the spacing justice and they are at night.
Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I hear that. I found with these mounted as flush as I could get them I didnt have as much room on the board for my boots as I would like so I mounted them further away. Flush absolutely did look better and likely minimally impactful to drag coefficient.
Also, my wife was starting to get pissed about all the spend on "accessories" so these flew under the CFO's radar at ~$400.
Nice. Other than the attachments, they look almost identical to the other brands. I'm just stuck on the clearance. Not worried about drag. More concerned about hitting things.

muneebk

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Nice. Other than the attachments, they look almost identical to the other brands. I'm just stuck on the clearance. Not worried about drag. More concerned about hitting things.
Here are some profile pics. I don’t think they do justice to the spacing though. The boards are not really flush with the tires as they are about 1.5 inches or so proud of the tire face. But they are definitely inset from the rear view mirrors if walls are a concern.
Rivian R1T R1S Hansshow R1S New Blossom Design Running Boards - Delivered IMG_2233
Rivian R1T R1S Hansshow R1S New Blossom Design Running Boards - Delivered IMG_2234
Rivian R1T R1S Hansshow R1S New Blossom Design Running Boards - Delivered IMG_2235

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Muneebk, car looks smashing! Im more concerned about the ground clearance than the sides. The running boards all look about the same. However, the attachments on this one takes up a lot more ground clearance than the other one.

muneebk

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Muneebk, car looks smashing! Im more concerned about the ground clearance than the sides. The running boards all look about the same. However, the attachments on this one takes up a lot more ground clearance than the other one.
Thanks. I think it really adds to the look as well as being much needed. My bad for not understanding your concerns iansriv. I measured the distance from the bottom of the bracket to the ground with the truck in rock crawl mode at highest height. It was 12 inches. Which I guess could be an issue (I’m not a rock crawling regular though). Attached are also some pics of the underside with the height at “standard”. Those brackets do indeed swing down a bunch.
Rivian R1T R1S Hansshow R1S New Blossom Design Running Boards - Delivered IMG_2240
Rivian R1T R1S Hansshow R1S New Blossom Design Running Boards - Delivered IMG_2241

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Muneebk-thanks for the pics. I'm still stuck on the ground clearance. My wife is the one complaining about adding a running board otherwise I'd leave it as is. Of all the RBs I've looked at only the Rmaxx ones are relatively flush. All the others seem to be using the same attachments. The boards look very similar. EVbase & Hansshow seems to be making a good product at that price point but I wish they would make their attachments more flush.
Sponsored