Sponsored

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Hahaha but damn, really?? Is this pretty much the case for everyone with the PTC or is it the yelp review phenomenon at play?

I’ve tried to get as knowledgeable as possible about it, and I expect to have to lube it regularly and always keep it debris-free, but are they all really this shaky? I was hoping to get lucky and get a good one…but sounds like there’s no such thing?
I lubed mine regularly and only used it a few times per month at most. Finally bound up and failed on me a couple of weeks ago. Owner since June. Sucks because I really need that thing on occasion.
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Hahaha but damn, really?? Is this pretty much the case for everyone with the PTC or is it the yelp review phenomenon at play?
No, of course this doesn't happen to everyone. It's a minority, but it's a much larger minority than is acceptable.

I've had mine for 4 months and I use the cover every day. I don't lube it or anything like that, and I've had no problems.

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

17k miles in 10 months and mine isn’t very confidence inspiring but it’s still working. I actually having lubed it and only have really cleaned the tracks once or twice. I don’t open it every day, but I’m sure between necessary openings and showing people, I’ve done it hundreds of times.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

I’ve tried to get as knowledgeable as possible about it, and I expect to have to lube it regularly and always keep it debris-free, but are they all really this shaky? I was hoping to get lucky and get a good one…but sounds like there’s no such thing?
7,000 miles on my truck. I use the powered cover at least several times a week. I'm not abusing it, but I don't go out of my way to take care of it. I just use it when I need.

I haven't lubed it, I don't avoid it, I don't go out of my way to clean the tracks etc. The cover gets washed when the truck gets washed - through an automatic car wash that slaps it around. I load the bed like I would in any other truck and yes, I occasionally put stuff on top of the cover as well having thrown various bags, boxes, etc. on top of it.

Still working...

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I use mine at least weekly but I do dry lube it once a month and so far I haven't had any issues with it.