First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Does anyone know how to obtain replacement cabin filters for our R1s? All this smoke has me wanting to replace my original. I would even like a HEPA filter like I used in my last pickup. I even know how to replace it. Our new Gear Shop in Seattle was unable to locate replacement cabin filters or suggest how to obtain them...Id say they are consumables, just like wiper blades....

I even know how to replace it...if I only had one....
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Can you do a photo write-up of how to replace it...once you track one down? I think that would be useful to all of us.

Edit: A quick search found this how-to video

On a side-note, I'm surprised that there isn't a maintenance schedule for changing things like wipers, cabin filters, etc. Or if there is, I haven't seen it.

Last edited:

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Does anyone know how to obtain replacement cabin filters for our R1s? All this smoke has me wanting to replace my original. I would even like a HEPA filter like I used in my last pickup. I even know how to replace it. Our new Gear Shop in Seattle was unable to locate replacement cabin filters or suggest how to obtain them...Id say they are consumables, just like wiper blades....

I even know how to replace it...if I only had one....
Others have had to order it from their (hopefully local) Service Center.. then drive there and pick it up. Same with fuses and wiper blades...

I got this from a YT video, you might reach out to Mann Filters and see if they have that part available or a suitable equivalent filter.

Rivian R1T R1S Replacement Cabin filter 1692893277819

SparkyR1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t/Model Y
Occupation
Retired Commercial Electrician and mechanic
Mann filters lists Carquest and Advance auto as their local distributors in the US

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
The Mann part number is: FP 23 025
Seems like an OEM only part, maybe just remove yours and measure it then find a common one with close dimensions?

Why is it even difficult to get a cabin air filter from Rivian? Shouldn't consumables be easy to order items through the Gear Shop or it that site only for useless stuffed toys?

Sponsored

rbr19870445

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 981 GT4, 3rd gen 4runner, 1st gen JDM CRV
Clubs

Can you do a photo write-up of how to replace it...once you track one down? I think that would be useful to all of us.

Edit: A quick search found this how-to video

On a side-note, I'm surprised that there isn't a maintenance schedule for changing things like wipers, cabin filters, etc. Or if there is, I haven't seen it.
Wipers every 6 months, cabin filter probably yearly. I just learned from a tech that the ethylene glycol in the quad motor system used for cooling should be flushed every 8 years/120,000 miles.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The Mann part number is: FP 23 025
Seems like an OEM only part, maybe just remove yours and measure it then find a common one with close dimensions?

Why is it even difficult to get a cabin air filter from Rivian? Shouldn't consumables be easy to order items through the Gear Shop or it that site only for useless stuffed toys?

That's my plan. I'll find a generic that's close and use that.

I especially like your second paragraph. Rivian is more than happy to sell you a bunch of useless junk in the Gear Shop, but nothing in the way of maintenance and replacement parts that you really need.

Brian

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
One guy on that YT video said in the comments the OEM filter is:
210 mm X 227 mm X 30 mm
or 8.27" X 8.94" X 1.18"
and someone posted below that about a possible easy to find $20 Fram air filter that is close in size:
FRAM CF12820
211 mm X 224 mm X 28.5mm
or 8.29" X 8.83" X 1.12"

OP- if you pull your OEM filter please measure it for us!

Last edited:

csharp

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

Mann Filter FP 23 025 is the Rivian branded filter. The same filter for other vehicles is FP 23 024. This filter fits several Kias and Hyundais. Filter is 210mm x 227mm x 30mm

Spades

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Others have had to order it from their (hopefully local) Service Center.. then drive there and pick it up. Same with fuses and wiper blades...

I got this from a YT video, you might reach out to Mann Filters and see if they have that part available or a suitable equivalent filter.

1692893277819.png
Wait you have to go to a service center for wiper blades??

Sponsored

csharp

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Wait you have to go to a service center for wiper blades??
If you want them from Rivian, but thankfully they are common J-Hook style so as long as you get the correct length most brands will work. I guess Rivian couldn't source some off the wall OEM mount style for the blades, so they went with common ones for a change.

Don't ask about replacement fuses though :mad:

csharp

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

Oh good. That would just be insane to have to go to a service center for freaking wiper blades. lol
Although I DO consider it just as insane to have to go there for a cabin filter. :rolleyes:

Spades

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Although I DO consider it just as insane to have to go there for a cabin filter. :rolleyes:
I agree that is pretty dumb. I think normal maintenance stuff should be in the gear shop at a minimum.
Sponsored