Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That’s in the works!
Will you be able to offer replacement AERO panels that are removed when installing the running boards or rock sliders?

also will you offer a bump out at the rear?

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_8375

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Fisheries science
Installed 1 side. Took longer than i thought but had to get a torx 55 bit. Biggest i had was a 50. Also youll need a torque wrench that can go up to 80lb. I Took some video of the install, but I my iPad ran out of juice before I finished. I’m pretty sure I took the clips out incorrectly because I left the metal parts up inside and only had plastic pieces so my trim did not go back in as well as I would’ve liked. The middle section popped in well but the two ends did not and also I was not able to put one of the 20 tork screws in as whatever it was holding to seems to be gone.

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_7928

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_7932

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_7933

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_7931

DrG

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Scientist
Looks good so far. Perfect choice for that paint color. Happy to see the puddle light is not blocked by the running board! How did you position the running board? All the way in towards the vehicle?

Sponsored

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Fisheries science
Ok, so if you want to see the full instal unedited with a camera that quits just prior to the end of 1 side being installed, including the cutting of the trim pieces (using the I know how to measure instructions) with almost zero comments from the installer..these are the 2 vids for you. I recommend fast forwarding or at least watching it at 5 x normal…. I really don't say much except where you think I should have been done by now…. Highlight of comments: there is no square …Made it work and found it in the nut sack when I was done.
Lessons learned: make sure you get the metal clips out when you’re pulling the edge out. The only ones that went back in the way I expected them to were the ones where the metal clips came off. the middle piece came out really easily with the clips but the two end pieces tended to leave the clips in place And it was really difficult to determine that they were coming loose. i yanked too hard and left the metal. I’ll do better on the next side also the torque needed to remove the 55 torx bolts is greater than what it feels like is needed to reinstall them. I felt like the whole truck frame shifted when I took the bolts out so I’m questioning the 80lbs to tighten . Ignore the part where I tried to mark the bolts because just adding a bracket in the negates the marks. Don’t try to hang the whole thing from a single bolt in the middle because nothing lines up correctly. I needed a little help to make it go up flat and then managed to insert to bolts that would allow everything to lineup. There were no marks on which one was the driver or passenger side. I made an assumption based on the instructions.
Added the vids to YouTube instead:

Last edited:

davew

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Has anyone else installed these yet? I'd love to hear some more feedback on them. Thanks!

DrG

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Scientist
Ok, so if you want to see the full instal unedited with a camera that quits just prior to the end of 1 side being installed, including the cutting of the trim pieces (using the I know how to measure instructions) with almost zero comments from the installer..these are the 2 vids for you. I recommend fast forwarding or at least watching it at 5 x normal…. I really don't say much except where you think I should have been done by now…. Highlight of comments: there is no square …Made it work and found it in the nut sack when I was done.
Lessons learned: make sure you get the metal clips out when you’re pulling the edge out. The only ones that went back in the way I expected them to were the ones where the metal clips came off. the middle piece came out really easily with the clips but the two end pieces tended to leave the clips in place And it was really difficult to determine that they were coming loose. i yanked too hard and left the metal. I’ll do better on the next side also the torque needed to remove the 55 torx bolts is greater than what it feels like is needed to reinstall them. I felt like the whole truck frame shifted when I took the bolts out so I’m questioning the 80lbs to tighten . Ignore the part where I tried to mark the bolts because just adding a bracket in the negates the marks. Don’t try to hang the whole thing from a single bolt in the middle because nothing lines up correctly. I needed a little help to make it go up flat and then managed to insert to bolts that would allow everything to lineup. There were no marks on which one was the driver or passenger side. I made an assumption based on the instructions.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d44VtpwKaY7GddTKSKs-vMeQ
Can you confirm if the videos are uploaded? The link doesn't show the 2 vids for me... but says come back soon, upload in progress.
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards 1710989660855-lq

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cte515

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Medical Device Sales
Clubs

Just got confirmation my order shipped! Giddy up, black steps with a LA Silver R1T

OP
OP
RealWheelsEV

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
Just received this email from another owner in California.

"They’re here and awesome!"
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards Black Running Boards on Green R1S

Looking great on this R1S. Thanks again RD!
Sponsored

Reactions: DrG