Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

A guy from the service center called me to discuss my upcoming appointment so I figured I would ask him if he knew of any running boards in the work that will be OEM from Rivian. To my surprise, he said they will be coming out in March? (which probably means later this year, lol)

Has anyone else heard about this? Is there any more information available?
exactly.

they cant even provide the accessories with delivery now so highly doubt they are going to have running boards available in March. maybe they'll announce them at that time, be over-priced and then actually ship at the EOY like you mentioned.

or he just mis-heard you and thought you said tonneau cover 😳
Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Kind of wish I knew for a fact an OEM slider wasn't being developed so I could choose from one of the aftermarket options.

I'd rather go OEM if I can. Might wait a few months and if no news, then I will place an order with someone.
Again, nothing official to go on. Just from experience. You'll be ordering aftermarket in a few months as Rivian will not offer running boards to existing customers in the next two months. Just not going to happen. They might become an option on new vehicles. I doubt that will even happen in March. But, because they have higher priority items to tackle, retrofitting existing trucks will be low on the list of priorities.

I ordered my aftermarket boards and will love them for the functionality. If Rivian comes out with something better, then I'll still look at those whenever that time comes. My guess, well over a year from happening. I'll enjoy the function of the aftermarket ones for at least a year in the meantime

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Again, nothing official to go on. Just from experience. You'll be ordering aftermarket in a few months as Rivian will not offer running boards to existing customers in the next two months. Just not going to happen. They might become an option on new vehicles. I doubt that will even happen in March. But, because they have higher priority items to tackle, retrofitting existing trucks will be low on the list of priorities.

I ordered my aftermarket boards and will love them for the functionality. If Rivian comes out with something better, then I'll still look at those whenever that time comes. My guess, well over a year from happening. I'll enjoy the function of the aftermarket ones for at least a year in the meantime
We're all speculating at this point. Enjoy your aftermarket option, I'll be right behind you once I get tired of waiting.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I don't need running boards, but I do want sliders. The Direct Current Engineering look really good and I'm going to order those before waiting on Rivian to ever offer them. I don't know any car manufacturers that sell their own factory sliders.
Very valid point. Some companies call them "sliders" but they're just not. Rivian seems to like doing things differently so we'll get to see if anything pans out from them. Not upset with the aftermarket options popping up.

My last truck was fully outfit with great quality armor from RCI and Pelfreybilt.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I don't need running boards, but I do want sliders. The Direct Current Engineering look really good and I'm going to order those before waiting on Rivian to ever offer them. I don't know any car manufacturers that sell their own factory sliders.
Oddly enough, I don't need sliders, but would like running boards, and I may do the same thing. They look the best and seem to be put together the best of all the offerings so far (EV Sportline doesn't look robust to me even as a running board, and details are pretty sparse on the Megawatt sliders, but they look more promising).

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Oddly enough, I don't need sliders, but would like running boards, and I may do the same thing. They look the best and seem to be put together the best of all the offerings so far (EV Sportline doesn't look robust to me even as a running board, and details are pretty sparse on the Megawatt sliders, but they look more promising).
Don't think it's odd, most people just want something to get them in the truck at that height so they want running boards nd that's why deanships sell them. But for off road, you want protection. Sliders are not great for running boards - they are intentionally narrow. So be cautious that you don't overpay for Sliders you don't need and may not provide as much step as you want. I'm sure there will be ORM or after market running boards soon.

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I don't need running boards, but I do want sliders. ...
Which is perfectly fair. We're all individuals. I want running boards (short legs and shorter friends) and don't need sliders, so ... ;)

pat----

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Which is perfectly fair. We're all individuals. I want running boards (short legs and shorter friends) and don't need sliders, so ... ;)

pat----
Oh I'm not complaining about running boards just because I don't personally need them, they are great for lots of people and this car is especially tall. I expect Rivian to offer running boards soon. It would be silly for them not too as they are very popular and high profit margin items.

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
Well at the very least it looks like the March timeframe wasnt correct.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Well if they are going to be in March they still have 11 months.. 😉

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I believe comments from Service Center personnel regarding upcoming feature/product release timelines are batting .000

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer