Sponsored

Rivian service experience with running boards?

OP
OP

srikalyan3

First Name
Chakri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT Director
The instructions are good, would advise to read the tips and printout the templates.

I took my time, double checked everything before cutting and it was still well under 2 hours start to finish for my R1S doing it by myself.

Good luck and post pictures after.
Gottcha, that's not bad. I will post my experience and pictures after the install.
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
ive had multiple services with my running boards installed. tire rotations, alignment and other stuff and they never mentioned the boards.
I've had the same SC experience with my @DCE sliders/running-boards --i.e., no issues.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

I did a service at SSF last month and the tech said "cool running boards" and that was about it. I can't imagine any SC ever denying service for running boards. That's just asking for bad publicity.

OP
OP

srikalyan3

First Name
Chakri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT Director
Successfully installed EV sportline running boards. It's a fairly straightforward process as others stated. It took me about 4 hours as I didn't have all the tools and had to search for those tools. If I were to do it again, it would probably take me 90 mins. I chose to drill 4" holes. the supplied templates were spot on for the front and middle brackets, I just had to make a bit of adjustment for the rear bracket.

Overall, I am very happy with the product. It's sturdy, nice looking, and practical add-on. Here are some pics for reference.

BTW, I stopped by the Rivian Service Center the next day to take delivery of my friend's R1S and they saw those running boards but didn't say anything :). Let's see what happens when I stop by for a service appointment next time.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian service experience with running boards? 20240404_163551

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian service experience with running boards? 20240404_163540

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian service experience with running boards? 20240404_115457

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian service experience with running boards? 20240404_163519
Sponsored