First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
A guy from the service center called me to discuss my upcoming appointment so I figured I would ask him if he knew of any running boards in the work that will be OEM from Rivian. To my surprise, he said they will be coming out in March? (which probably means later this year, lol)

Has anyone else heard about this? Is there any more information available?
Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Nice.

SC's have had way higher credibility than, er, ah Tony C. They usually will not make any expected improvements "official" or overt, but they tend to hear suggestions from customers real time, in person, and regularly and more often than not - support the same.

OP
OP
derekmw

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, if this is true, it's great and nice to hear them reacting to customers' needs/feedback. I've been holding off on the aftermarket options because I would really prefer an OEM solution. March isn't that far off. Even if it's just more information and details in March, that would be enough for me to hold off a bit longer to buy those when they become available.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I would be interested if that is the case. Of course they will probably will require SC install, which would make me hold off on them until I actually need service. If they sell them in the Gear Shop, I would grab a set right away.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
$1099 is my guess on price. (if real).

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
March 2030?

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
Back in October the SC told me that the winch is being redesigned due to issues they had encountered with weight, and running boards are in development.

Wellā€¦ we all know how the winch turned out so I will see it when I believe it.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

$1099 is my guess on price. (if real).
How do you come up with that price. A good set recently shown third party was well over $2k. I cannot see Rivian selling cheap Iā€™ll as they want the money.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

How do you come up with that price. A good set recently shown third party was well over $2k. I cannot see Rivian selling cheap Iā€™ll as they want the money.
Depends on if we are talking about running boards or rock sliders. The only running boards I have seen aftermarket start at $800. For rock sliders we have $1200, $1800 and $2450.

That said I am sure Rivian's version will be manufactured in Asia likely so Rivian will be able to get better margins than the existing aftermarket options. All that said I'm not going to speculate on the price until we see what they actually plan on offering but I am sure they will come at a premium.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Just throwing it out there to start a convo. That was my guess.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Depends on if we are talking about running boards or rock sliders. The only running boards I have seen aftermarket start at $800. For rock sliders we have $1200, $1800 and $2450.

That said I am sure Rivian's version will be manufactured in Asia likely so Rivian will be able to get better margins than the existing aftermarket options. All that said I'm not going to speculate on the price until we see what they actually plan on offering but I am sure they will come at a premium.
Was referring to running boards only.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
A guy from the service center called me to discuss my upcoming appointment so I figured I would ask him if he knew of any running boards in the work that will be OEM from Rivian. To my surprise, he said they will be coming out in March? (which probably means later this year, lol)

Has anyone else heard about this? Is there any more information available?
I hope itā€™s true but Iā€™m skeptical. A service center tech told me that there would be an Apple Watch app out in September of 2022 to lock and unlock my R1T.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I don't believe it. I'm just going to go with a 3rd party option.
Sponsored