Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
It’s conceivable, nay likely, that Rivian will release a 2023 upgrade to the R1T. Indeed, they have promised as much with the Enduro engines. Thus, the enduro reveal would have become the deadline date for a whole slew of spec bumps, improvements, and offferings.

I fully expect a major announcement in the March-June timeframe. It will include a winch and running boards, a new color or two, enduro, tonneau, and maybe a few surprises.

Many of these improvements will have been years in the making. Rivian is the real deal. They’re not going down without a massive fight. Time and again they’ve proven they know how to execute. I expect the 2023 update to massively delight.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian OEM running boards coming in March says Service Center tedlassogifs-when-harry-met-sally
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
A tech at a Rivian Service Center once told me that the R2 line is actually going to resemble the Reliant Robin and only have three wheels.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian OEM running boards coming in March says Service Center 1674144087310

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

quick and very dirty
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian OEM running boards coming in March says Service Center 1674144250822

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
^Best part of that pic aint the third wheel tilt, or precursor to the Rivian front oval headlamps - it’s the replica S&H Grand Torino paint job.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Back in October the SC told me that the winch is being redesigned due to issues they had encountered with weight, and running boards are in development.

Well… we all know how the winch turned out so I will see it when I believe it.
I mean... do we? For all we know the winch is still being redesigned and it's just low on the priority list (which, to be fair, it probably should be.)

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
I mean... do we? For all we know the winch is still being redesigned and it's just low on the priority list (which, to be fair, it probably should be.)
Official response from Rivian (on Reddit) 11/21/22:
  1. What's the status of the Adventure Bumper w/ winch? In the past, we mentioned that we were exploring an adventure bumper with integrated winch on R1T and R1S. We're constantly evaluating our product offerings, and we've made the decision to not offer any winch or off-road bumper options at this time.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Official response from Rivian (on Reddit) 11/21/22:
  1. What's the status of the Adventure Bumper w/ winch? In the past, we mentioned that we were exploring an adventure bumper with integrated winch on R1T and R1S. We're constantly evaluating our product offerings, and we've made the decision to not offer any winch or off-road bumper options at this time.
Just because they don't have one to offer now doesn't mean that one isn't in development. I mean we are talking about Rivianese here.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Kind of wish I knew for a fact an OEM slider wasn't being developed so I could choose from one of the aftermarket options.

I'd rather go OEM if I can. Might wait a few months and if no news, then I will place an order with someone.

OP
OP
derekmw

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Kind of wish I knew for a fact an OEM slider wasn't being developed so I could choose from one of the aftermarket options.

I'd rather go OEM if I can. Might wait a few months and if no news, then I will place an order with someone.
That's what I'm thinking as well...

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
The way my 5 year old literally falls out of the truck every morning for school drop off, even in kneel mode, I too would love some OEM running boards lol. Maybe I'll put it in conserve when I get in the pickup line.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

The way my 5 year old literally falls out of the truck every morning for school drop off, even in kneel mode, I too would love some OEM running boards lol. Maybe I'll put it in conserve when I get in the pickup line.
You can get to lowest in Sport mode too :cool:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
You can get to lowest in Sport mode too :cool:
That's what I do. Lowest in sport mode is still 9.5" of ground clearance. For comparison, the F-150 Lighting has 9.5" of ground clearance. Lowest is still not low enough for my tiny one.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I don't need running boards, but I do want sliders. The Direct Current Engineering look really good and I'm going to order those before waiting on Rivian to ever offer them. I don't know any car manufacturers that sell their own factory sliders.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Hard pass on running boards.
Sponsored