Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

They literally just listed the open addresses on their charging/FAQ page. Since there's only like 4 of them.
4? Bishop, Inyokern, Salida and ?
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
there's 3. They have also updated the map on their website to show them with different symbols.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

As much as I want teh RAN network up and running, can only see the the network really improving once Tesla opens up its chargers. Though I imagine there will be a bottleneck at that point.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
As much as I want teh RAN network up and running, can only see the the network really improving once Tesla opens up its chargers. Though I imagine there will be a bottleneck at that point.
I'll take a rapid RAN buildout before tesla opening up the supercharger network any day of the week.

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
At least they started updating the map with ones that are completed. I wonder if they are still aiming for having it done by the end of 2023? I don't see reference to that on the website anymore so maybe not.
I mean yeah sure it's nice they are updating the map....but it's been blank for years. I think they had this map on their site since 2020. I don't give them too much credit for having built 3 of these things to date. They were supposed to have hundred(s) of these built by now.

They would need to be opening 1-2 locations a day for the next 12-18 months to hit that 2023 target. They pulled it because it aint happening.

They really over promised with the RAN, which is a huge disappointment so far considering how much it has been hyped and how necessary charging is to an EAV. RJ first tweeted about the Rivian Charging Network in 2018....and there are precisely 3 in existence 4 years later.

We, as early adopters/beta testers/loyal supporters, should really hold Rivian accountable. They are fallible. RJ is fallible. And, so far, they have failed at delivering the promised (and necessary) RAN.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I mean yeah sure it's nice they are updating the map....but it's been blank for years. I think they had this map on their site since 2020. I don't give them too much credit for having built 3 of these things to date. They were supposed to have hundred(s) of these built by now.

They would need to be opening 1-2 locations a day for the next 12-18 months to hit that 2023 target. They pulled it because it aint happening.

They really over promised with the RAN, which is a huge disappointment so far considering how much it has been hyped and how necessary charging is to an EAV. RJ first tweeted about the Rivian Charging Network in 2018....and there are precisely 3 in existence 4 years later.

We, as early adopters/beta testers/loyal supporters, should really hold Rivian accountable. They are fallible. RJ is fallible. And, so far, they have failed at delivering the promised (and necessary) RAN.
R1s free RAN charging for as long as you own the vehicle? That would go a long way to make the date miss easier to swallow.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

Sponsored

rhumbliner

First Name
thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Model X
Occupation
Retired
I'll take a rapid RAN buildout before tesla opening up the supercharger network any day of the week.
Not me. The Tesla network is pretty much everywhere now and it’s reliable — when you plan a charging stop at a Tesla station you can be absolutely certain you’ll be able to charge. The only unknown is if there is a waiting line. EA and the other non-Tesla charging networks are notoriously unreliable. So even if the RAN is up and running in the next couple of years we have no idea how reliable it’s network will be.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
An
Not me. The Tesla network is pretty much everywhere now and it’s reliable — when you plan a charging stop at a Tesla station you can be absolutely certain you’ll be able to charge. The only unknown is if there is a waiting line. EA and the other non-Tesla charging networks are notoriously unreliable. So even if the RAN is up and running in the next couple of years we have no idea how reliable it’s network will be.
And a 2 ft long cord on the wrong side of the charger, and (apparently) bit 800v capable without upgrades.

And then all of the limited power v2 chargers that are still out there.

It's reliable, yes. But not perfect.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Guess I'll be checking the map monthly. Hopefully it gets updated in a timely fashion when new chargers come online.

landshark

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Real Estate
There are three Rivian level 2 chargers in Windham, NY. They are at the Eastwind Hotel where the R1S press event was held in July. Can't confirm if they are turned on for the general public or not though as I don't have my R1S yet...

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I live in Missouri and our state highway department just announced today their plan to invest 100 million dollars in EV chargers in Missouri in the next few years. At first I was shocked, as our state leadership is not exactly environmentally oriented, but then the article explained it was all federal money from the big transportation bill passed by Congress earlier several months ago. Still, that 100 million will build a LOT of chargers in Missouri, so I assume other states will have a similar build out from federal funds.

The part of the article that made me laugh was that the state highway department estimated that EV adoption in Missouri would go from the current 1% of vehicles to about 5% by 2035. I don't think they've been paying much attention to the rapid developments in the EV world. I think we'll hit 5% in the next few years, and probably 50% or more of new vehicles by 2035, though obviously there will still be a lot of older gas vehicles on the road even then.
Sponsored