Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
The link below is to a Google Map that I have created with 3 layers. It is pretty raw right now, so I'll put all the information about it first. The link should stay good even as I try to polish things up over time.

I also can't promise that it will always be up to date. If Rivian changes locations on their map, well... those aren't going to be updated on mine because I won't necessarily ever learn that they've updated it, and too many updates will simply take time that I might not have for this project. If someone lets me know, I might be able to do one-off updates. If someone lets me know of major changes to the RAN map, I can probably do some bigger updates.

The 3 layers:
1) The RAN addresses that are "known" or guessed based on information in other threads in this forum -- right now it's the Salida, CO location and the locations shared for CA that were based on utility jobs involving PG&E.

2) Crudely-place points for RAN locations based on the Rivian.com map. They're crudely placed because all we can extract from the Rivian map is a fairly high-level of zoom with large icons. The icons appear to mostly be placed in the city or general area anyway. These are not exact locations and should only be treated as being within a 10-15 mile radius. They also don't reflect actual charging stations, just the areas that Rivian is loosely planning to put locations. I hope to name these points, but that's very time-consuming. A possible solution for that might be coming, and if it does will be reflected in an updated version of this layer. These points are based on the RAN map on 6/26/2021.

3) Electrify America locations I pulled from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's data on alternative fuel stations, including EV chargers. This data is good as of 6/26/2021.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=1F-jpeAQfTwoHqy4dYtOStXLckGA714TJ&usp=sharing

If there are any features that people think are critical to this being usable, let me know and I can try to add them. Please keep in mind that some of this is time consuming and I do have a full-time job and other responsibilities and hobbies, so I make NO promises about adding anything or when it might happen. :)

If anybody is interested, I can share a geo-referenced TIFF file of the RAN map that I screen-capped from their website in pieces, stitched together, and then geo-referenced in QGIS. It can be opened in Google Earth if anybody wants to play with that at all. I can also share a KML file that has all of these unlabeled RAN points.

Finally, if automating the point names isn't doable, I will probably have to defer to others who are interested in crowdsourcing some of this. In that situation, I can share the map through Google Drive to let others edit. More on that if needed.

UPDATE (7/9/21):
1) I added a 4th layer: Rivian service and/or sales locations. I will start adding to it this weekend based on location information in this forum. (minor update 7/10: I added the ones that looked like very solid addresses from the thread on service centers and showrooms)
2) I am starting to add fields for additional data for each point, including status (permit, construction, online, ??). I will also try to have Google use different icons and/or colors for each status. It should work perfectly, but there are so few points with different statuses right now that I'm not 100% sure it will scale the way I expect. (minor update 7/10: I have also added a field for the source for the info, usually a URL to a RivianForums post or to a news article.)
3) Automating the point names for my "crude placement" layer was going to end up being trickier than the time it would actually save. I was able to churn out about 100 in an hour while watching tv (so not moving as quickly as I could with 100% attention). I will keep churning on that over time. Eventually I will get them all named, but honestly I don't think the names really matter all that much, so I'm not in a big rush.
4) I am going to look at some other options for this whole setup beyond just the basic Google My Maps. Those may allow a little more flexibility on crowdsourcing updated locations or status. "Free" is currently the most important criterion though, so I think it's going to stay where it is for now. The good news is that the data should be easily exportable from My Maps, so work done now won't go to waste if I change later.
Barstow appears to be almost done, but I’ve not found any info on it or in the map. Just this Facebook post and picture. It appears to be in one of three locations in Barstow as they have three Del Tacos.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 5C19CAB6-B07F-4801-8F40-36B304DF5AC0
Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
I really hope no one is counting on Elon to open up the supercharger network any time soon. And if he does it's going to have some strange or near impossible demands. I'll count on the RAN being more available than the supercharger network.
Well time will certainly tell won't it. For me since RAN isn't proposed to support me in my Geo region, no matter when RAN comes on line SCs win.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Barstow appears to be almost done, but I’ve not found any info on it or in the map. Just this Facebook post and picture. It appears to be in one of three locations in Barstow as they have three Del Tacos.

5C19CAB6-B07F-4801-8F40-36B304DF5AC0.png
I was able to figure out which one based on the Panera Bread and Asian Food Court. It's on the west side of town near some outlets. It's on the map now as Construction. Looks really close to "Active" though!

Deleted member 7086

Took a trip to Sedona today. Unfortunately no sign of any Rivian chargers being installed. Just 14 Tesla super chargers all but one empty. Came back to Flagstaff by way of Schnebley Hill Rd. The weather and numerous vehicles over the years have taken its toll but the Rivian had no problems. Met a lot of very curious 4 wheelers most in Jeeps.

Sponsored

huskybrewing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

I was able to figure out which one based on the Panera Bread and Asian Food Court. It's on the west side of town near some outlets. It's on the map now as Construction. Looks really close to "Active" though!
I'm pretty sure the Barstow location is right off Lenwood, at roughly these coordinates: https://goo.gl/maps/kYz3kH8mt3c6ogiK7. Right north of the In-N-Out and near a bunch of other places to eat. About 180 miles from my house on the way to SoCal, so perfect for a fast charge up (assuming you Californias aren't using all of them while en route to LV.) Excellent development.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

ihaveaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1t
Interesting as there is an EA station in Dateland.
Thats a shame. There is already an EA station there. I was under the assumption they were installing one in Gila Bend. This makes my trips to Mexico very tenuous. I guess this permit from a few months ago was not accurate.

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
Thats a shame. There is already an EA station there. I was under the assumption they were installing one in Gila Bend. This makes my trips to Mexico very tenuous. I guess this permit from a few months ago was not accurate.

I agree - there are so many places where RAN could be a big leap forward in remote accessibility, that it is disappointment to see some of the first ones going in near existing CCS installations.

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

There used to be a theoretical future location in Willcox but it no longer appears....

It's really hard to adventure SE of Tucson. There's one EA station in Benson that's not very good and that's it.

And that's what the area where I do most of my adventuring.

Come on, Rivian! Give Tucson some love!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm pretty sure the Barstow location is right off Lenwood, at roughly these coordinates: https://goo.gl/maps/kYz3kH8mt3c6ogiK7. Right north of the In-N-Out and near a bunch of other places to eat. About 180 miles from my house on the way to SoCal, so perfect for a fast charge up (assuming you Californias aren't using all of them while en route to LV.) Excellent development.
Yep, that's the exit I marked for it. From the photos it looked like it was at or immediately next to the Del Taco.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There used to be a theoretical future location in Willcox but it no longer appears....

It's really hard to adventure SE of Tucson. There's one EA station in Benson that's not very good and that's it.

And that's what the area where I do most of my adventuring.

Come on, Rivian! Give Tucson some love!
It's still there. The map as of this evening has theoretical future locations in Tucson, Wilcox, Bowie, and Mammoth/Tiger.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1661306881540

Edit to consolidate replies:
Also still theoretically planning one for Gila Bend, but I guess there's a chance the Dateland is a replacement for that one rather than an extra station.

Last edited:

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

It's still there. The map as of this evening has theoretical future locations in Tucson, Wilcox, Bowie, and Mammoth/Tiger.

1661306881540.png

Edit to consolidate replies:
Also still theoretically planning one for Gila Bend, but I guess there's a chance the Dateland is a replacement for that one rather than an extra station.
I didn't check that, but the Google maps overlay. I figured someone found something to contradict the official rivian graphic

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Took a trip to Sedona today. Unfortunately no sign of any Rivian chargers being installed. Just 14 Tesla super chargers all but one empty. Came back to Flagstaff by way of Schnebley Hill Rd. The weather and numerous vehicles over the years have taken its toll but the Rivian had no problems. Met a lot of very curious 4 wheelers most in Jeeps.
Disappointing on no progress in Sedona......very.....s00n
Sponsored