First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Ford Explorer, Nissan Leaf, BYD Yuan+
Occupation
Manager
Glacier White was free in the beginning, now they charge $1,750 for it. LA Silver is the only free paint option.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Based on these DPs, there should be no reason other LA silver R1S orders can't be delivered before 2024. I wonder if there are other colors (maybe beside Glacier white, which is the other "free" color) that have 2024 "delivery windows."

GR
I just went back to the tableau report which was updated and now has close to 1200 entries into it for R1S deliver windows. It is even more obvious now that LAS is the only color that is overwhelmingly being pushed into 2024. It is the 5th most popular choice according to entries

https://public.tableau.com/app/prof...veryEstimates/RivianDeliveryEstimateDashboard

Looks like unless you ordered a LE, Rivian has no plans to make it

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
If you do change, please PM me when you have a new window. I am curious if it moves you up despite the email stating that changes will very likely move you back.
I changed to El Cap (after seeing the attached pic) and now it shows as processing. I kept 21” wheels which I’ll have powder coated. I’ll update everyone in January or whenever they do the next update.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates 6BB9CDCB-4657-43C2-B730-2C05E419C750

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I changed to El Cap (after seeing the attached pic) and now it shows as processing. I kept 21” wheels which I’ll have powder coated. I’ll update everyone in January or whenever they do the next update.

6BB9CDCB-4657-43C2-B730-2C05E419C750.jpeg
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know how it turns out. The email I received said that altering your config will almost always result in getting pushed back....maybe that won't be true for LAS orders since they are in the 2024 bucket.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know how it turns out. The email I received said that altering your config will almost always result in getting pushed back....maybe that won't be true for LAS orders since they are in the 2024 bucket.
Right, it’s already 2024 so doesn’t matter much to me and maybe I’ll get lucky and it becomes 2023. There’s no way they have scheduled production out that far... I don’t need the R1S, we have vehicles with 60k and 30k miles, just really want it!

Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I just went back to the tableau report which was updated and now has close to 1200 entries into it for R1S deliver windows. It is even more obvious now that LAS is the only color that is overwhelmingly being pushed into 2024. It is the 5th most popular choice according to entries

https://public.tableau.com/app/prof...veryEstimates/RivianDeliveryEstimateDashboard

Looks like unless you ordered a LE, Rivian has no plans to make it
I am okay to wait another year (2024). However, with LE LA silver orders being delivered in 2023, maybe we need to look into possible legal actions at that point if there is any further delay beyond that.

GR

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I am okay to wait another year (2024). However, with LE LA silver orders being delivered in 2023, maybe we need to look into possible legal actions at that point if there is any further delay beyond that.

GR
Im not OK waiting until 2024 as that could be over 4 years for me since my deposit, but there is little I can do about it. I would be interested in a lawsuit. They are making dual motor Rivians and ADV R1S Canyon Yellows before LAS ADV and there are way more LAS ADV....they are making CANYON F"EN YELLOW!!!!!

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Im not OK waiting until 2024 as that could be over 4 years for me since my deposit, but there is little I can do about it. I would be interested in a lawsuit. They are making dual motor Rivians and ADV R1S Canyon Yellows before LAS ADV and there are way more LAS ADV....they are making CANYON F"EN YELLOW!!!!!
What legal ground do we have to stand on? What’s even more lame is that a friend and I ordered together on the same day. He lives 4 miles from me, so basically equidistant from an SC.

His order: Limestone R1S w/ BM and dark 22” wheels

My order: LA Silver R1S w/ BM and dark 20” wheels

His delivery date: Apr-Jun ‘23
My delivery date: 2024

On goes the stupid Rivian lottery. Batch building, my ass.

shimps1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

I'm debating switching from silver to white as well. I'm a 1/22 pre-order, so I am probably pretty far down the list. Wonder if switching will help or hurt? I currently have "2024" as my window.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
What legal ground do we have to stand on? What’s even more lame is that a friend and I ordered together on the same day. He lives 4 miles from me, so basically equidistant from an SC.

His order: Limestone R1S w/ BM and dark 22” wheels

My order: LA Silver R1S w/ BM and dark 20” wheels

His delivery date: Apr-Jun ‘23
My delivery date: 2024

On goes the stupid Rivian lottery. Batch building, my ass.
This is the type of nonsense I am talking about. Maybe this is far-fetched, but what if the intention of taking deposits at pre-March pricing was only to prop up their IPO and they were never planning on delivering many of those orders?

Even if the legal channel does not work, does Rivian want more bad press? If there is enough of us, I imagine some automotive reporters might be interested in doing an investigative piece on it. This kind of delay has to be intentional as they are working towards minimizing delivering the number of these money-losing orders.

GR

Sponsored

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
Glacier White was free in the beginning, now they charge $1,750 for it. LA Silver is the only free paint option.
Not necessarily true, certainly for Pre-March 1 orders. I just checked, and my configuration shows GW as no upcharge.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

I would guess if you have a 2024 LA Silver date, the build will occur during the earlier part of the year.

This is to try to get all those delayed / angry customer out the door as soon as possible in 2024 after stringing them along forever.

My assumption is Rivian has filled up each batch capacity in 2023 and they mentioned any changes will almost always delay delivery.

Under this assumption, if you have LA Silver 2024 order today and revise to a new color, they will probably create your revised configuration in 2024 after LA Silver batch instead of squeezing you in to an already full 2023 batch for a different color.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Compass Yellow….

But regardless, the weird potential delay for silver R1S orders is even more odd considering they didn’t seemingly delay any LA Silver R1T orders. In fact, I got mine earlier than I expected.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Compass Yellow….

But regardless, the weird potential delay for silver R1S orders is even more odd considering they didn’t seemingly delay any LA Silver R1T orders. In fact, I got mine earlier than I expected.
Same with me, after the big "adjustment" last month my LA Silver R1T got pushed to Jan/Feb 2023 but then I got the precursor "Confirm your Configuration" and "Prepare for Digital Purchase Process" emails yesterday an today which means they're building my LA Silver R1T now.

They are currently manufacturing LA Silver R1T's as we speak... so pushing specifically LA Silver color R1S's to 2024 just doesn't make sense??? But it's Rivian... so who's expecting it to make sense?
Sponsored