R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Based on some of the posts I have read, it seems to me that the largest push-back in delivery windows was made for R1S LA Silver orders that were not Launch Editions.

If you have a preorder for an R1S LA Silver, can you please list old window, new window, order date, and config below? I am curious if my hunch is correct or if I just am individually really unlucky.
1H 2023, now 2024
October 2020
R1S Adventure, OC with dark wood, 21" , Quad motor

I have a hunch that the R1S LA silvers with original pricing are so low margin that unless they are Launch Editions, Rivian really has put zero thought into producing them. That is why they got put into 2024 which is the same as saying "no consideration given to putting into a production plan"

Lastly, PLEASE keep this limited to R1S with the LA Silver color.

EDIT:
Adding link to Tablue dashboard from Reddit thread on this subject. You can adjust filters to see how people reported windows based upon configurations

https://public.tableau.com/app/prof...veryEstimates/RivianDeliveryEstimateDashboard
Sponsored

Last edited:

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Same configuration and timing as you. Debating going to El Cap for looks, not because of delivery timing.

1H 2023, now 2024
May 2021 reservation.

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Same configuration and timing as you. Debating going to El Cap for looks, not because of delivery timing.

1H 2023, now 2024
May 2021 reservation.
If you do change, please PM me when you have a new window. I am curious if it moves you up despite the email stating that changes will very likely move you back.

It looks like LA Silver for the R1S is being made very late unlike other colors. This poll put up on Reddit will show how R1S' are being built....and almost all LAS orders are being made next year
https://public.tableau.com/app/prof...veryEstimates/RivianDeliveryEstimateDashboard

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
It's the FREE color.... 😉
yup , and with original pricing, they want to make sure we get what we paid for...stay classy my friends!

would have thought they would make an offer to change the color before they stuck us in the penalty box

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

yup , and with original pricing, they want to make sure we get what we paid for...stay classy my friends!

would have thought they would make an offer to change the color before they stuck us in the penalty box
Maybe they will. Stay strong

Paradigm_Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Audi RS5, and a few more
Occupation
Architect
Clubs

1H 2023
09/21 order R1S LA Silver / Ocean Coast
New window 2024

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

the other commonality here seems to be OC. maybe that along with LAS is pushing you guys back to 2024?

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
the other commonality here seems to be OC. maybe that along with LAS is pushing you guys back to 2024?
Maybe, but the limited data we have would indicate it is not.

The link to the tableau page allows one to limit orders by several features. If you limit the R1S orders to only LAS and keep all other options open, there are 6 with windows before 2024 and 38 with windows in 2024.
Certainly, 44 entries isn't a lot given Rivian's reported number of orders, but I find it hard to believe it doesn't represent reality more than being inconsistent

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
I’ve had the same suspicion and was glad to see this thread.

R1S, LA Silver, Adventure pkg, 20” darks, BM interior. Ordered in Nov ‘20. Was 1H’23 now “Jan-Dec ‘24”.

I couldn’t be more disappointed. In fact, I had previously called into CS twice and was told they were confident, given my order date and fairly standard configuration, that I’d be Q1’23. Guess they were wrong…

Sponsored

jamiehobbes

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & Impreza
Occupation
Engineer
Jan 2020 preorder. LE LAsilver, BM underbody. Projected delivery: June July 2022 to oct-Dec 2022 to Feb March2023.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Based on some of the posts I have read, it seems to me that the largest push-back in delivery windows was made for R1S LA Silver orders that were not Launch Editions.

If you have a preorder for an R1S LA Silver, can you please list old window, new window, order date, and config below? I am curious if my hunch is correct or if I just am individually really unlucky.
1H 2023, now 2024
October 2020

I have a hunch that the R1S LA silvers with original pricing are so low margin that unless they are Launch Editions, Rivian really has put zero thought into producing them. That is why they got put into 2024 which is the same as saying "no consideration given to putting into a production plan"

Lastly, PLEASE keep this limited to R1S with the LA Silver color.
I see that you want this limited to LA Silver color, but I think this is appropriate and useful information as to why your LAS is delayed. From a post on Facebook, FWIW:
"So I just got escalated to receive an R1S. I am a Feb 2019 pre-order that was pushed all the way to April-June 2023. I emailed and complained and found out they are only making white, launch green, black, and granite right now. My reservation was red. I switched to launch green. Hopefully this actually happens and I get matched into production."

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ paint shortage now too?

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I see that you want this limited to LA Silver color, but I think this is appropriate and useful information as to why your LAS is delayed. From a post on Facebook, FWIW:
"So I just got escalated to receive an R1S. I am a Feb 2019 pre-order that was pushed all the way to April-June 2023. I emailed and complained and found out they are only making white, launch green, black, and granite right now. My reservation was red. I switched to launch green. Hopefully this actually happens and I get matched into production."
If you go to the link for the tablue site and put on filters for any color, you will see it is only LAS that was pushed almost entirely to 2024. Even Red Canyon and Yellow have a more equal distribution between 2023 and 2024.

Lastly, I do not want this limited to LAS...I want it limited to no color

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Jan 2020 preorder. LE LAsilver, BM underbody. Projected delivery: June July 2022 to oct-Dec 2022 to Feb March2023.
Im happy to hear you are getting a relatively good window. I wish I would have been smart enough to order the LE....I decided to get that longer range R1S that would be announced in early 2021 ;)
Sponsored