Sponsored

R1S delivery delay poll

How long was your R1S delivery delayed in this last update (use last month of windows)?

• Total voters

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Volvo XC 60, BWM X5, Honda Odessey
Occupation
Principal Real Estate Broker
My original order was April 2019- first delivery date was June 2021- then Feb 2022, then June-July 2022, then Oct- Nov. 2022. Just got a "dear John" email telling me now Feb 2023, almost FOUR years after my pre-order. Big surprise, they shut down their customer engagement chat and phone customer service today, no explanation. I am very concerned about how this company is run. They make Tesla look great.
I’m in the exact same position as you, April 2019 preorder, now April-June 2023. I’m sure it wil be more than four+ years for both of us before an R1S is in our driveway... Now just terribly disappointed.
Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
1st half 2023 to Jan - Dec 2024. LA silver, ocean coast, 21”, adventure. May 2021 order. In St. Louis, so no service center but there are dozens of rivians around.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I’m in the exact same position as you, April 2019 preorder, now April-June 2023. I’m sure it wil be more than four+ years for both of us before an R1S is in our driveway... Now just terribly disappointed.
Ocean Coast interior by chance? This seems to be the bigger delay point I've noticed.

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes, Ocean Coast
2019 preorder, glacier white, ocean coast, 22”

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Sponsored

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
I have base Adventure configuration... LA Silver, 21-inch wheels, and OC (pre-March no upcharge). I wonder if this less profitable configuration contributed to getting pushed back over a year.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
1st half 2023 to Jan - Dec 2024. LA silver, ocean coast, 21”, adventure. May 2021 order. In St. Louis, so no service center but there are dozens of rivians around.
I have base Adventure configuration... LA Silver, 21-inch wheels, and OC (pre-March no upcharge). I wonder if this less profitable configuration contributed to getting pushed back over a year.
Did you by chance order Explore initially? I have LA silver ordered and pushed to 2024. Maybe that's the cause of delay?

GR

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I suspect when our orders got converted to Adventure, it "reset" the order date to the conversion date. If there are more reports of original Explore reservations being pushed to 2014, may be we should do a group plead to Rivian to get us our "original" place in line back.

GR

Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Did you by chance order Explore initially? I have LA silver ordered and pushed to 2024. Maybe that's the cause of delay?

GR
I can't recall if I commented/complained on this thread yet, but this is my deduction based upon what people posted about new timelines.
The first thing that got people pushed was being R1S.
Among the R1S the biggest push in delivery windows was for LA Silvers
There may be a slight push associated with being in the Northeast and/or having OC, but maybe not.

I have a 10/20 reservation date, my previous window was 1H23 and now I am in 2024. This royall pisses me off as I see other people in my area with later preorder dates getting their R1S in 2023. I may be December 2024

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Me too - 1H23 -> April June 23.
Do you mind sharing what area of PA you are located in?
I ordered well before you, and will be getting my R1S waay after you, so I am curious if location matters at all.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I can't recall if I commented/complained on this thread yet, but this is my deduction based upon what people posted about new timelines.
The first thing that got people pushed was being R1S.
Among the R1S the biggest push in delivery windows was for LA Silvers
There may be a slight push associated with being in the Northeast and/or having OC, but maybe not.

I have a 10/20 reservation date, my previous window was 1H23 and now I am in 2024. This royall pisses me off as I see other people in my area with later preorder dates getting their R1S in 2023. I may be December 2024
I agree LA silver is one reason (no additional charge). I am trying to figure out if the forced conversion to Adventure is the main reason though. I am on the West coast, so can't comment on NE-associated delay. I think OC on any color is reason for delay.

I can live with LA silver being delayed, but I would be very upset if I got pushed further back because Rivian decided to axe the Explore trim!

GR

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
So what is better? "Jan - Dec 2024" or just "2024"? Early yesterday I was in the Jan - Dec 2024 camp and that changed as of today to just "2024". I had a Oct 2021 Reservation for basic adventure, blk int, 21" wheels, skid plates.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I don't think LA Silver has anything to do with delay. I'm 7/2019 LE preorder, with LA Silver and FE interior, AT20's, and I'm now Feb-Mar '23. FE is going much sooner than OC it seems. OC is the biggest delay point I've noticed for many Long-Term res holders.
Sponsored