Sponsored

R1S delivery delay poll

How long was your R1S delivery delayed in this last update (use last month of windows)?

• Total voters

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I don't think LA Silver has anything to do with delay. I'm 7/2019 LE preorder, with LA Silver and FE interior, AT20's, and I'm now Feb-Mar '23. FE is going much sooner than OC it seems. OC is the biggest delay point I've noticed for many Long-Term res holders.
Interesting. You are the first LAS I have seen post that they will be getting theirs in 2023. I guess it is because you are a LE and on the west coast. Or, more data is needed.
I still think that anyone in teh ADV catagory with LAS got moved to 2024, but the more people post their delays the more we can put the pieces togehter...which won't change our time lines so WTF is the point
I hate Rivian !!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
So what is better? "Jan - Dec 2024" or just "2024"? Early yesterday I was in the Jan - Dec 2024 camp and that changed as of today to just "2024". I had a Oct 2021 Reservation for basic adventure, blk int, 21" wheels, skid plates.
I just noticed that too. Yesterday I was Jan-Dec 2024 and now just 2024. Maybe they decided 2024 was just easier to post on their website.

RivianNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air
This will be the last time I dwell on this, but my status "Processing Estimate", is beyond irritating and disappointing. After all the hoops (more detail in previous post: FrustrationPost ), and a delivery schedule notification in April 2022 (attached), I received this "indefinite" status with no real detail as to what will determine my eventual schedule... :angry:
Rivian R1T R1S R1S delivery delay poll 2022Apr10email.JPG

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
I’m probably one of the few who is somewhat ok with 2024. We have 2 Fisker Oceans ordered (ultra and sport) and should have both for a while before the R1S is ready. This will give us time to decide which one to sell for the R1S. Ultimate plan is to replace a model 3 and ICE suv with one fisker ocean and one R1S.

OP
OP

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
Interesting. You are the first LAS I have seen post that they will be getting theirs in 2023. I guess it is because you are a LE and on the west coast. Or, more data is needed.
I still think that anyone in teh ADV catagory with LAS got moved to 2024, but the more people post their delays the more we can put the pieces togehter...which won't change our time lines so WTF is the point
I hate Rivian !!!
I also have LAS and got updated to Feb-Mar 2023.

Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Seems like earlier pre-order R1S':
BM / FE interior = Feb-Mar'23
Ocean Coast Interior = Apr - Jun'23

Anyone have an "early-ish" pre-order (Launch Edition) that isn't in those windows?

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
I was moved from 2H23 to 2024. Adventure edition, Canyon Red, 22" wheels and OC interior. I live about 12 miles from the Bellevue service center. December 21 order date.
I don't think LA Silver is the common denominator here...I think Rivian is putting all their efforts into the R1T line, and slowing down the R1S production significantly.

Sonartech

First Name
Sonar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canyon Red R1S, Hyundai IONIC 5, Ford Lightning
Occupation
Battery Systems Engineer
Clubs

Seems like earlier pre-order R1S':
BM / FE interior = Feb-Mar'23
Ocean Coast Interior = Apr - Jun'23

Anyone have an "early-ish" pre-order (Launch Edition) that isn't in those windows?
Yep. I ordered my R1S a few hours after the pre-order window opened. Order #1673 on November 11th, 2018. The latest meaningless guesstimate for my R1S is now July-September 2023. Red Canyon, Black Mountain.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So what is better? "Jan - Dec 2024" or just "2024"? Early yesterday I was in the Jan - Dec 2024 camp and that changed as of today to just "2024". I had a Oct 2021 Reservation for basic adventure, blk int, 21" wheels, skid plates.
They are the same, RS interviewed Tony, he did say that as the quarterly updates go out in 2023 those longer ranges like 2024 will tighten into 1,2, or 3 month windows.

RoadRunner

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Audi A6
Clubs

R1S Jan 2022 reservation, never had a date, now says "processing". Because we are in Santa Fe, nowhere near a service center. And it is unclear if they have any plans to even try to build one in NM - they'd have to put it on Pueblo land like Tesla did, since we have some crappy laws about that here.

This is a huge letdown, very frustrating, losing faith that we will ever get an R1S at all.

Sponsored

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
I have a follow up - does anyone still have a 2022 delivery date? I haven't seen any new 2022 dates yet and I'm wondering if they're pausing R1S production.
Interesting theory.... I'd think the R1S is on a different production line than the R1T. But if not and the through put on the R1Ts is higher due to simply more time to get things nailed down, perhaps this is the case so they can meet the production numbers reported to the street. Their #1 priority has got to be getting to 25,000. Just reality with a public company.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Interesting theory.... I'd think the R1S is on a different production line than the R1T. But if not and the through put on the R1Ts is higher due to simply more time to get things nailed down, perhaps this is the case so they can meet the production numbers reported to the street. Their #1 priority has got to be getting to 25,000. Just reality with a public company.
Both R1 vehicles are on a single production line in Normal. The EDV is a separate production line.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

With 223 survey responses submitted so far, fully a quarter of respondents have answered that their delivery has been delayed a year or answered they are “Processing” status - which generally suggests they live too far from a Rivian Service Center to be eligible for any delivery.

While this is a small sample size, these results do not bode well for near-term pre-order persistency. I imagine analysts will be probing these trends during the upcoming RIVN quarterly earnings call.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Did you by chance order Explore initially? I have LA silver ordered and pushed to 2024. Maybe that's the cause of delay?

GR
Yes but I had changed it to Adventure long before they dropped the Explore option.

Still, not hard to imagine the wrong date reference in their database could do something like that.
Sponsored