Sponsored

Q2 & Q3 2024 production shutdown

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Does anyone know what effect that would have on production and delivery for the 2 quarters, are we talking hundreds less, thousands less or more?
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know what effect that would have on production and delivery for the 2 quarters, are we talking hundreds less, thousands less or more?
We will have to see what run rate looks like. For 2023 they are saying 52k for the year which is 1k a week average. We know second half was higher than first half so the could be in the 1,250 a week rate for 2024. I think the Q2 shutdown is expected to be a week.

OP
OP

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
We will have to see what run rate looks like. For 2023 they are saying 52k for the year which is 1k a week average. We know second half was higher than first half so the could be in the 1,250 a week rate for 2024. I think the Q2 shutdown is expected to be a week.
a week should not be an issue, I was thinking a month or something

OP
OP

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
It’ll be a two week shutdown in total, I believe. They’re re-rating the shop floor for 65k EDVs, 85k R1s. And introducing new tech to the R1s.
2 weeks in 2 quarters should not have material impact, thx !

Sponsored

Twitter Fingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
2 weeks in 2 quarters should not have material impact, thx !
From latest earnings call transcript and other interviews with RJ.. shutdown will be 2-3 weeks in April. Then the line will need to ramp back up. Won't reach full run-rate until Q4 2024 and then 2025 becomes a true profitable full run rate year. This shutdown will significantly impact 2024 production. And let's hope there is enough demand to sell 85k R1's in 2025... if so, company should be in good shape with a profitable factory and R2 launching in 26

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
What new tech is being introduced?
Behind the scenes. They are transitioning to a new vehicle network communications architecture to reduce costs and simplify wiring.

Sylvius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3 and Y
Behind the scenes. They are transitioning to a new vehicle network communications architecture to reduce costs and simplify wiring.
Based upon this, does anyone see any reason to delay getting an R1S until after Q2 next year? I've gotten the email to configure but haven't done so yet.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Based upon this, does anyone see any reason to delay getting an R1S until after Q2 next year? I've gotten the email to configure but haven't done so yet.
I doubt you would see a difference in these changes from a consumer perspective.

It is a personal call though. I never delay waiting for the latest and greatest because there will always be something new around the corner

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I got a chance to talk with some of the people at Munro and Associates that took apart the R1T. They were dogging the wiring harness rather significantly, but they're more worried about cost and complexity. I also suspect the new wiring harness may help with the vampire drain, because they'll have a chance to reconfigure that a bit, possibly. I'm holding out until next year for other reasons, but this is another nice thing to have. It should lighten up the vehicle too. :) But, it likely will have about zero customer facing effects. I just hope to hold onto my vehicle for many years, and I'd like it to be a little more reliable.

SaltySands

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I just picked up my R1S Saturday and it is beautiful!!! can’t imagine being able to get in 4-6 weeks and choosing to wait 6 months. If you want one get it now and enjoy!

Reactions: Jac