LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

I'm only 600 miles from Pixieland (Stayton, OR - about an hour from Portland) ... ha ha ha. Would love for you to be by us though. Rent is much cheaper here than down there. Could probably get all 4500sq/ft for what a 1000 costs you there. We're in a build to suit type spot at the moment. It's all warehouse space at the moment, but will build in offices to suit. Has a 7000# bridge crane available too. Could always lift the R1's and Tesla's up to film the underside :p
Sponsored

Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1T
Clubs

Hello everyone

Let me introduce myself. I am Iliya, and I am the founder of TWRAPS. We're a small family business in California, and we do DIY pre-cut PPFs, tints and color wraps, as well as some accessories for Rivian and Tesla.
A couple of months ago I had the pleasure to get a R1T, and I and my wife made a bunch of products for it (we design everything in house. also everything except screen protectors is also manufactured by us in our office).

So, here are the products that we've made and sell (click on a product to open in a new tab)
Thank you for this!

Question: @twraps, will the bumper PPF work if I have a ceramic coating on the truck already?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

I'm only 600 miles from Pixieland (Stayton, OR - about an hour from Portland) ... ha ha ha. Would love for you to be by us though. Rent is much cheaper here than down there. Could probably get all 4500sq/ft for what a 1000 costs you there. We're in a build to suit type spot at the moment. It's all warehouse space at the moment, but will build in offices to suit. Has a 7000# bridge crane available too. Could always lift the R1's and Tesla's up to film the underside :p
It's been on my mind whether we should stay in California actually... I know rent pretty much anywhere else (except NYC maybe) is cheaper, so is labor. There are currently 2 things stopping me:
* I am not rich enough to buy every EV on the market and keep up buying every time they change something, so I am forced to rent in most cases. Rental availabilities are better in CA than almost anywhere else.
* I have 2 young kids going to school, with friends etc...it would be quite the stress to completely change the environment for them.

So let's see where this path leads, but I am totally with you that CA is not the best place to do business (and don't get me started on rules & stuff for businesses, at times it feels they just want to discourage small businesses from existing).

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Thank you for this!

Question: @twraps, will the bumper PPF work if I have a ceramic coating on the truck already?
I don't have much personal experience with it, but I have multiple customers who reported it was fine. My only personal experience is applying headlights & tail lights tint on a ceramic coated Model S and there was no difference compared to non-ceramic ones.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

It's been on my mind whether we should stay in California actually... I know rent pretty much anywhere else (except NYC maybe) is cheaper, so is labor. There are currently 2 things stopping me:
* I am not rich enough to buy every EV on the market and keep up buying every time they change something, so I am forced to rent in most cases. Rental availabilities are better in CA than almost anywhere else.
* I have 2 young kids going to school, with friends etc...it would be quite the stress to completely change the environment for them.

So let's see where this path leads, but I am totally with you that CA is not the best place to do business (and don't get me started on rules & stuff for businesses, at times it feels they just want to discourage small businesses from existing).
The EV market in Portland has been growing quite well. The other advantage here is the mid between SF (<9 hour drive) and Seattle (<4 hour drive). Was just throwing that out there. I don't think anyone expects you to buy every EV out there - it's about to get crazy with options soon. As for the kids, they are pretty resilient - but I totally get it. I truly didn't expect you to consider it. I just thought it would be nice for me :p

Sponsored

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Bookmarked! Hope the best for your business! I'll be keeping an eye out for accessories for whenever my R1S arrives.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Bookmarked! Hope the best for your business! I'll be keeping an eye out for accessories for whenever my R1S arrives.
Thank you so much 😊

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I used to use XPEL until about 2 months ago but had too many issues with it and completely switched over to GSWF
I've tested multiple brands over time, and GSWF was pretty much the same quality as XPEL
Can you clarify these statements? If they are the same quality, what “issues” does Xpel have that GSWF does not?

This seems like to me like different quality materials necessitated a materials switch?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Can you clarify these statements? If they are the same quality, what “issues” does Xpel have that GSWF does not?

This seems like to me like different quality materials necessitated a materials switch?
I had 2 issues with XPEL, that I don't with GSWF:
1. Often times there will be defects on the material. I buy in bulk rolls, and then when somewhere in the roll there are spots (either dark spots from dirt or bumps from who knows what), I lose a lot of the roll as my cut models are made for mass producing, meaning we use large lengths at a time. And I obviously can't ship product where the material is defective, so that hit my margins which in this business are pretty slim.
2. Procurement was a nightmare... not sure if due to shortages or what, but procurement was very unreliable. I am a small business and I can't overstock with hundreds of rolls, so I try to operate more dynamically - stock about 5-8 bulk rolls, when I run down to 3 re-order...in the last few months of me using XPEL I ran out of stock multiple times because of the inability to get new rolls quickly.

So that's it... it's not the kind of issue you'd experience as a customer, but only because someone else is taking the hit for these issues (i.e. me in this case). No such issues with GSWF so far, and out of more than a 1000 PPF products sold with it already, I've had exactly 0 complaints in regards to quality. Also I have a 30 days refunds policy so you are free to get the product, see it for yourself and decide, but I am 99.99% sure that even a pro-installer won't be able to tell which one is which, given unmarked samples.

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
1658357103412.png

1658357136634.png

Here are my center caps. I ordered the plastic caps from amazon from the other thread.
I am happy with how they look.
What specific center caps are these? I’ve see a few different Amazon ones referenced.

csharp

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I'd like the tunnel door sill wrap, but only in a plain black color to blend in. Any reason that wasn't an option?
Sponsored