Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I’m slowly catching up on orders. Hope to have the non-topo map as an option in about a week.

I will say I highly recommend “some” topo as an option. The intentional use of the topo makes the charger look like it fits in better as the wood grain on our veneer doesn’t match the wood surround.

Someone earlier posted that they'd like to see a picture of the non-textured black ash version. Is that possible? Anyone with the topo version getting crumbs/dirt collecting in the contours? Thanks!
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Someone earlier posted that they'd like to see a picture of the non-textured black ash version. Is that possible? Anyone with the topo version getting crumbs/dirt collecting in the contours? Thanks!
I've had their topo in my truck since before public release of the OG versions and haven't noticed anything getting stuck in it. The flocking will be a bigger problem.

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
Just got mine installed and it's working great. I had 2 of the JSAUX chargers so I just used those. Is there any reason to use the Anker or Apple chargers instead? I've got an iPhone 15 Pro, FWIW. Thanks.

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
Hey all. We tried out the design on an effected vehicle, and it works! So we are now producing full speed again.

For those affected by any gaps, we will be shipping yours once the flock dries. (Currently drying)

Steve
Got my update today and it fits perfect all around. Thanks!

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
The jsaux limit charging to 7.5 watts. Which in most cases is fine. But if you want a full 15 watts the magsafe chargers or qi 2 chargers are required.

Sponsored

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Just received mine, ordered after the V.2 was released, but unlike the video tutorial, I only received a top and bottom puck, both of the screw-in variety (one of which stripped pretty badly when it got stuck and I had to pry it out), with two c-rings. Is this the old version, by chance? I'm in the process of installing it now, and seems to be working so far (after resolving the mis-threading issue on the one puck).

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Just received mine, ordered after the V.2 was released, but unlike the video tutorial, I only received a top and bottom puck, both of the screw-in variety (one of which stripped pretty badly when it got stuck and I had to pry it out), with two c-rings. Is this the old version, by chance? I'm in the process of installing it now, and seems to be working so far (after resolving the mis-threading issue on the one puck).
There are two videos on the first post. The screw base is the newest version. I explain how to handle the screws in the video, and it results in a much better connection along with handling more charging pucks.

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
There are two videos on the first post. The screw base is the newest version. I explain how to handle the screws in the video, and it results in a much better connection along with handling more charging pucks.
Ha, very nice way to say RTFM! Thanks -- appreciate the quick steer and will watch the whole video next time :)

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Ha, very nice way to say RTFM! Thanks -- appreciate the quick steer and will watch the whole video next time :)
Hahahaha! Nope. I haven't advertised the new change. It a stealth update for quality of install. I was getting tired of how the Anker Qi 2 chargers were being held in by the wires. I wanted it to be straight forward with no issues, and I wanted a way to wrangle all six feet of the wire.

We've been producing more of the screws than any other design. So it's worked out well.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Just installed my screw design today on my 2024 R1S with the updated trim shape -- this thing rocks! @Sojhinn is awesome, and helped me out with excellent customer service when the first batch didn't quite fit the new trim shape. The screw design is super easy, just don't crank down on the pucks. Tighten them til they're just barely snug on the MagSafe charger and you're golden. Way easier than the first design which was already pretty simple.

Thanks again, @Sojhinn!

Sponsored

Mhorwitz1201

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Accord
Clubs

Just adding here that this is a great upgrade. Had V1 which was awesome and V2 is even better. Had some figment issues and gaps but @Sojhinn got a replacement out right away and the fit is perfect. New screw upgrade is much better as well.

if you’re on the fence just get one

Sam K

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Attorney
Is there a Soonish Discount code for Rivian Forum members?

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Is there a Soonish Discount code for Rivian Forum members?
We don't really do discounts. It opens a hole where people are waiting for discount days or special sales etc.

We just sell quality things and back it up with solid customer service.

Sam K

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Attorney
We don't really do discounts. It opens a hole where people are waiting for discount days or special sales etc.

We just sell quality things and back it up with solid customer service.
Understandable and thank you for your response. I am picking up my Rivian on March 21 st. Black Mountain with Dark Ash interior. Will the Mt. Rainier match that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Understandable and thank you for your response. I am picking up my Rivian on March 21 st. Black Mountain with Dark Ash interior. Will the Mt. Rainier match that?
That's what I have. I love it. You can also do custom topo maps as well.
Sponsored