Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Btw- we are shipping a ton of bases this week. And we shipped out a bunch this last weekend.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Hey all! We have identified that Rivian may have made some changes to the center console area on newer R1 builds. This is resulting in some minor fitment issues on our new chargers. If you get your charger and it's not fitting properly, please let us know. We will make it right. As of right now, builds in Sept 2023 and later are effected.

I am in the process of tweaking our design (we are talking mm differences)and as soon as I get validation on that design we will move forward with the newer design.

We have several chargers ready to go and will continue shipping them as this effects a very small number of vehicles. (We are chipping away at these orders we promise) Just DM me or email us at [email protected] and we can take care of you.

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hey all! We have identified that Rivian may have made some changes to the center console area on newer R1 builds. This is resulting in some minor fitment issues on our new chargers. If you get your charger and it's not fitting properly, please let us know. We will make it right. As of right now, builds in Sept 2023 and later are effected.
Not sure if you're counting mine in that group, but I'm a Feb 2023 build. Replacement should be coming today or tomorrow, so I'll let you know if I still have an issue.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
This is an interesting development. What exactly did Rivian change?

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
This is an interesting development. What exactly did Rivian change?
I think they swapped manufacturer/ or are using a new tooling. Basically the edge of the wood trim has a slightly different taper and the front edge of the wood is about 2-3 mm further. this results in either gaps being shown or the charger not sitting flush.

I think my design of trying to make the edge as flush to the wood as possible is part of the issue too. As any variations will have a tendency to show up. I could of easily made the edge of the charger a couple of mm thick and overlapped the wood by several mm, but I have a tendency to make things harder to make it look prettier.

I have a design in that is currently being printed. I need to confirm it works on my truck, and then I need to confirm it on some of the newer builds.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Hey all! We have identified that Rivian may have made some changes to the center console area on newer R1 builds. This is resulting in some minor fitment issues on our new chargers. If you get your charger and it's not fitting properly, please let us know. We will make it right. As of right now, builds in Sept 2023 and later are effected
Thanks to the awesome s00nish crew for getting me the V2 chassis so quickly. I ordered the V1 right before the V2 was announced and they were very kind to send me the newest version. The charger works much better than the OEM pad and looks so much better.

What exactly is the fitment issue? My unit snaps in securely but there's a tiny gap at the front edge. I have an R1S with a 10/2023 build date.

Rivian R1T R1S Premium Charger v2: Just Snap It In 20240130_174721

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Thanks to the awesome s00nish crew for getting me the V2 chassis so quickly. I ordered the V1 right before the V2 was announced and they were very kind to send me the newest version. The charger works much better than the OEM pad and looks so much better.

What exactly is the fitment issue? My unit snaps in securely but there's a tiny gap at the front edge. I have an R1S with a 10/2023 build date.

20240130_174721.jpg
It's the tiny gap at the front. If you are not happy we can swap you out. We should have a swap out here shortly. For most it will fit. For some it won't.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I did find out from another owner, that the gap was showing up on their OEM mats as well. I thought that was funny.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Hey all. We tried out the design on an effected vehicle, and it works! So we are now producing full speed again.

For those affected by any gaps, we will be shipping yours once the flock dries. (Currently drying)

Steve

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
I did find out from another owner, that the gap was showing up on their OEM mats as well. I thought that was funny.
Was this me? I forgot to take pictures before installing the premium charger, but the front of my stock rubber mat had roughly the same amount of gap that the premium charger does.

The funniest part is that it's looked like someone took a box cutter to the front of my rubber mat to cut it out of the mould, ever since I purchased the vehicle 😂 super stoked to get the updated premium charger that fits nice and flush!

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Was this me? I forgot to take pictures before installing the premium charger, but the front of my stock rubber mat had roughly the same amount of gap that the premium charger does.

The funniest part is that it's looked like someone took a box cutter to the front of my rubber mat to cut it out of the mould, ever since I purchased the vehicle 😂 super stoked to get the updated premium charger that fits nice and flush!
I feel the urge to run out to my truck and look. 6/2023 production. Yours?

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Double thumbs up to the newest Gen Soonish charger. Very sharp looking (stock), functions well with MagSafe pucks, easy install, and thoughtfully put together.

Rivian R1T R1S Premium Charger v2: Just Snap It In IMG_4324

Rivian R1T R1S Premium Charger v2: Just Snap It In IMG_4323

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Double thumbs up to the newest Gen Soonish charger. Very sharp looking (stock), functions well with MagSafe pucks, easy install, and thoughtfully put together.

IMG_4324.jpeg

IMG_4323.jpeg
Yay! A truck like mine.

TPL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Toyota Sequoia, KTM 690 Enduro R
Someone earlier posted that they'd like to see a picture of the non-textured black ash version. Is that possible? Anyone with the topo version getting crumbs/dirt collecting in the contours? Thanks!
Sponsored