Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Howdy all!

I wanted to give everyone a heads up on what's been cooking in s00nish labs (my classroom). Take a look at this:

order here:

https://s00nish.com/products/click-n-charge-premium-wireless-phone-charger-for-rivian-r1t-r1s

Install video here:

Basically this has been cooking in the back of my head for a few months. We had three major complaints in regards to our charger:

1) I don't like the 3D printed bowl.
Answer: Its now flocked for her/your/my/everyones? pleasure! While the main frame of the charger is 3D printed (can someone find me a cheap injection molding place). Part of my production queue now includes flocking the granola bowl. And if you look closely its almost twice as large! So its the grand-ola bowl!
The flocking is nylon and incorporates similar processes that you would see in a dash that was flocked.

2) My passenger seat phone isn't straight.
Answer: The bowl is bigger! Now both phones can be straight and the camera bumps don't interfere with placement at all. (I also took into consideration the new sizes of the upcoming iphone 16 pros and their increased sizes.)

3) It's really hard to install the top plate.
Answer: The new charger just snaps into place as seen in the video above. Which also makes it incredibly easy to remove as well. In fact in the last week I have probably removed it close to 50 times, and have had no issues.

Best of all all of this is included at the same price as before. You just get to enjoy it! We have plans on releasing this in the next couple of weeks. Our biggest hang up is the flocking. It requires 24 hours of curing and I have to add that into our production queue. As long as everyone understands that, we can release it on our site s00ner. Our output should be similar as before, it just slows us down for a day or so.

Here's a shot with it installed. Let us know what you think! We also have a few other products in the pipeline. Edit: Oh yeah! We improved wire management too!

Rivian R1T R1S Premium Charger v2: Just Snap It In Screenshot 2024-01-08 115725

Rivian R1T R1S Premium Charger v2: Just Snap It In Screenshot 2024-01-08 121230
Sponsored

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Planning to offer just the chassis/bowl and top plate separately for those of us that already have the original version (so we have all the electronics)?

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Planning to offer just the chassis/bowl and top plate separately for those of us that already have the original version (so we have all the electronics)?
Yes. We are working on the cost of the upgrade package. We won't ignore you guys who have supported us in the past!

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
This is very cool. I really like my current gen one and this looks even better.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
This looks great! Have you ever thought about creating a similar mold to what Rivian’s charger is so we can just reuse the rubber mat (but have MagSafe instead)?
The issue is that the rubber is too thick, it blocks magsafe from working. (Trust me I tried a long time ago)

c4denc3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Clubs

The issue is that the rubber is too thick, it blocks magsafe from working. (Trust me I tried a long time ago)
Ah gotcha! That makes sense. I’ll purchase this one once you release it.

dcplaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Does S00nish have the STLs available? And are the electronics sold separately?

Sponsored

dcplaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Boo, understandable but unfortunate. Id pay a moderate price for the STL too. But business is business.

Last edited:

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
As a non-apple household, I am holding out on doing anything with Rivian's awful charger until certified QI2 chargers are available, but this looks fabulous!

I am curious if you have considered offering an option for customized engravings. Instead of the Mt. Rainier topo map. Could someone could have a topo map of their home town or favorite destination? Would an extra $50-$100 be worth the extra logistical complexity it would add?

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
What are chances of offering it without the topo laser etching? BTW, it was I who helped you name the crossbar bushings.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
As a non-apple household, I am holding out on doing anything with Rivian's awful charger until certified QI2 chargers are available, but this looks fabulous!

I am curious if you have considered offering an option for customized engravings. Instead of the Mt. Rainier topo map. Could someone could have a topo map of their home town or favorite destination? Would an extra $50-$100 be worth the extra logistical complexity it would add?
As soon as a smallish qi2 charger comes out, I'll swap out the containment of the pucks. Though magsafe and qi2 should be REALLY similar.

For the topo: I don't mind doing a custom topo, but I'd prefer if you can get me a SVG or dxf file of the topo area you want me to do. Volcanoes are a lot more interesting than most mountains.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
What are chances of offering it without the topo laser etching?
I'd have to make a custom top. It's possible but it would add a little to the cost. Let me know of you want to do that.
Sponsored