Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Howdy all!

Link to Product: https://s00nish.com/s00nish-ditch-light-bracket/

Install Video:

After seeing the other ditch light bracket options on the market, we saw some room for improvement and came up with our own! These are manufactured by another Rivian owner and community member down in Salem, OR out of 10ga stainless steel and then powdercoated matte black. (If you're interested in a Rivian Yellow option... let us know and we'll see what we can do!)

If you have any questions please let me know. We are opening pre-orders today. As these don't require anything crazy on our part. The turn around is MUCH easier for us. We will s00n offer a lighting option through morimoto, and have a pretty nifty wiring and switching solution as well. Stay tuned.
Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Interested to see what you end up with. Have been considering a Trigger 4 plus controller, but I will hold off until you show yours.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Brackets ordered. Curious to see your wiring solution and light choice.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Interested to see what you end up with. Have been considering a Trigger 4 plus controller, but I will hold off until you show yours.
Brackets ordered. Curious to see your wiring solution and light choice.
Lights will be Morimoto's 4 Banger lights. I THINK we will be offering both yellow and clear. (I have to double check with David on that.) We will also be utilizing Morimoto's wiring harness. I had plans on making my own, but I need to reduce the amount of extra work I am doing.

Where it gets interesting is the switch to activate the lights. Now this is where we are getting super creative. If we can pull off our idea.... man I can't wait to show you guys. Hopefully later this week.

The brackets are stupid strong, and I love the fact we are supporting a local PNW small business as well.

Edit: Lights will be a separate purchase. If not obvious.

Last edited:

Wrinks

Site Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Polestar 2
Occupation
Button Pusher
I will say: if you're planning on doing more than just the ditch lights (e.g. eventually a light bar or some other 12V accessory) - you may still want to order that Trigger4. I could see us eventually going that route too if we find some other 12V controllable accessories.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Lights will be Morimoto's 4 Banger lights. I THINK we will be offering both yellow and clear. (I have to double check with David on that.) We will also be utilizing Morimoto's wiring harness. I had plans on making my own, but I need to reduce the amount of extra work I am doing.

Where it gets interesting is the switch to activate the lights. Now this is where we are getting super creative. If we can pull off our idea.... man I can't wait to show you guys. Hopefully later this week.

The brackets are stupid strong, and I love the fact we are supporting a local PNW small business as well.

Edit: Lights will be a separate purchase. If not obvious.
Well we tried to interface with the Rivian UI with the switch idea. It didn't work out. So we are going to look at some wireless switch options.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
So our manufacturer for the brackets has decided to knock em out right away. We should shortly be sending them to powder coat.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Well we tried to interface with the Rivian UI with the switch idea. It didn't work out. So we are going to look at some wireless switch options.
Could you use voltage on the fog-light circuit to trigger a relay that turns on the lights?

Obviously with such a mod enabled you would no longer be able to use the fog-lights on a public road - but it might be a trade off people are willing to make for UI integration, especially if there was an easy way to quickly disable the foglight trigger when you don't need it.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Could you use voltage on the fog-light circuit to trigger a relay that turns on the lights?

Obviously with such a mod enabled you would no longer be able to use the fog-lights on a public road - but it might be a trade off people are willing to make for UI integration, especially if there was an easy way to quickly disable the foglight trigger when you don't need it.
As someone who uses the foglights often.... I won't be doing that. I have the wireless switch coming in today. I'll wire it up today or tomorrow.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
New wireless switch wired.

Sponsored

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

I was also considering the trigger, but I ended up spending a little more and buying a Garmin Powerswitch. This allows me to use my phone as the switch, so I don't have to keep track of a keyfob.

That said, the keyfob route is a lot cheaper, especially if you are not planning on other 12v accessories.

Here is some info on my install:

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...anyone-install-these.11807/page-2#post-298679

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Hey all! Sorry for the delay with an update. The brackets are back from the powder coater, and we should receive them next week! With delivery following S00n!

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Brackets are in! We can get these shipped out s00n!

Rivian R1T R1S s00nish Ditch Light Brackets and Lights s00n IMG_1629

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Pictures?
Of? I attached a picture of the powder coated bracket. There's a video in the OG post of the install, and on the website has pictures of them installed on my truck.
Sponsored