PPF removed from order

coaster206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pathfinder
Occupation
Business
After waiting on R1S LE since 6/20, they now have taken away the PPF that I ordered. Anyone else have this happen?

Rivian R1T R1S PPF removed from order BB5E3DD9-DAF3-4AA3-A966-19543A6A80C3
Sponsored

GSGun

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad, 2019 Prius Prime PHEV
I have a R1S sitting in PDX for the last 2 weeks because the PPF is messed up and needs to be replaced. Understandable why they sent this out

Pancakes

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan/Ford
I just checked and it's still there. I have a May-Jun '23 delivery and was given access to the R1 shop, so delivery is getting close.

But maybe I'll get a similar message when delivery is closer.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I would've paid $1500 for it but couldn't get it on a truck from the shop and here in Northern Virginia no one will even talk to you if you don't have $10,000, LOL. 🤦‍♂️ Welp, Twraps for me. 😆 Hope you're able to get it, let us know how it goes!

Sponsored

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
While having PPF on the vehicle when it arrives is convenient... it's better than any other option they could have dropped. So just be happy it's just the PPF... which you can have done easily (and likely even higher quality)

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I had PPF on my (very standard) R1T order, but after deliveries in my area were being made to reservations made long after mine. I opted for a Shop truck that was identical to my order without the PPF.

My guide was useless about why production of my truck was taking so much longer than others. It was obviously the PPF. Just by watching the Shop for almost 6 months I could see that.

STL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Sales Executive
I got the same email this afternoon for my LE R1S. My original order is from November 2019 and my deliver was supposed to be April-May 2023.

I wanted the factory installation to avoid having to have the badges removed and reinstalled. I also was trying to avoid having the pant damaged or contaminated while it in route to be delivered.

I would have been happier having my window pushed out again versus missing it completely and I am more frustrated that my guide hasn’t proactively contacted me for anything in the last year that he’s been assigned.

It seems par for the course with others on the forum.

I am checking on local XPEL dealers that will do the install for $1500. Last I checked they laughed and stated it would be a minimum 2x that cost. Hopefully the formal program is more widely known now.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I got the same email this afternoon for my LE R1S. My original order is from November 2019 and my deliver was supposed to be April-May 2023.

I wanted the factory installation to avoid having to have the badges removed and reinstalled. I also was trying to avoid having the pant damaged or contaminated while it in route to be delivered.

I would have been happier having my window pushed out again versus missing it completely and I am more frustrated that my guide hasn’t proactively contacted me for anything in the last year that he’s been assigned.

It seems par for the course with others on the forum.

I am checking on local XPEL dealers that will do the install for $1500. Last I checked they laughed and stated it would be a minimum 2x that cost. Hopefully the formal program is more widely known now.
The factory ones are precut ppf and I believe a bit thinner. The ones the shops would use are normally thicker and not precut, so they can wrap around the edges.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

The factory ones are precut ppf and I believe a bit thinner. The ones the shops would use are normally thicker and not precut, so they can wrap around the edges.
Just FYI a pre-cut PPF can also wrap around edges, just depends on how it's cut :)

Sponsored

SFN8TE

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
CPA
Clubs

While having PPF on the vehicle when it arrives is convenient... it's better than any other option they could have dropped. So just be happy it's just the PPF... which you can have done easily (and likely even higher quality)
Good point! My delivery window changed to “processing estimate” and was stuck there for a week, although my guide told me I should be assigned a VIN “any day.” I guess the PPF is the latest bottleneck. I’ll likely get it done post delivery and prefer that over another multi-month delay.

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
Factory PPF delayed my delivery about a month after everything else was completed. I am guessing as the production output has increased they can't keep up with the requested factory-applied PPF and are just looking for a way out.

FYI - there are some wrapped edges on the factory PPF. My hood is fully wrapped along with the backs of the fenders. I don't see any edges where the hood emblem is. The bumper and flat front area edges are exposed.

GSGun

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad, 2019 Prius Prime PHEV
Factory PPF delayed my delivery about a month after everything else was completed. I am guessing as the production output has increased they can't keep up with the requested factory-applied PPF and are just looking for a way out.

FYI - there are some wrapped edges on the factory PPF. My hood is fully wrapped along with the backs of the fenders. I don't see any edges where the hood emblem is. The bumper and flat front area edges are exposed.
At what point did they delay your delivery? At the service center or shipping from the factory?

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
At what point did they delay your delivery? At the service center or shipping from the factory?
I had factory delivery. I got Shop access early March, then lost it within a week. From others on this forum it seems that you lose Shop access when your vehicle is basically ready (03/16 was when it went away). My guide was never specific about production status, but did tell me that it was in the que for PPF and that I would get a delivery notification when that was done. That happened on 04/13 and I picked it up in Normal on 04/21.

Pancakes

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan/Ford
I had a May/June delivery date, but the status recently switched back to "Processing Estimate." I reached out to my guide to see if it could be the PPF issue. He said he wasn't sure, but removing the PPF option could certainly speed things up given how backed up XPEL is right now.
Sponsored