First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Teacher/ Veteran
First time posting here, but I love the community here. I am getting geared up to start my purchase and I stumbled on the powered tonneau cover on the inventory vehicle listings. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I found 11 different configurations with the powered tonneau in it. Does this mean they are starting to put them in new builds or are these refurbished units?

Rivian R1T R1S Powered Tonneau Cover Appears to be Back on New R1T Builds! powered toneau cover
Sponsored

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

First time posting here, but I love the community here. I am getting geared up to start my purchase and I stumbled on the powered tonneau cover on the inventory vehicle listings. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I found 11 different configurations with the powered tonneau in it. Does this mean they are starting to put them in new builds or are these refurbished units?

powered toneau cover.png
It looks like it. I saw 11 in the R1T shop just now. And the Powered Tonneau is one of the filters.

Sponsored

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

I have an early R1T from July of 2022. My powered tonneau has always worked well. I have to say, it is a pretty nice feature to have. It is worth waiting for if they are putting them back in the new units off the line.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
:confused: Still waiting on my repair/retrofit tonneau for my Launch Edition. Hasn't worked in 18 months.

They called to schedule it, then told me it couldn't be done until May or later, then said they'd call back because they couldn't schedule it for some reason.

I"m glad they are bringing it back, I loved it when it worked. I miss having a usable tonneau.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
$3000 for new build so I can see $4000 for a retrofit.
There is a 125% markup between build price and Gear Shop price for the manual cover; a healthy profit margin. Since powered cover was forcefully removed from my config, I'd rather pay $3k. More than that, I would feel a bit salty and have words.

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

$3000 is same price that showed up briefly last year in Sept when some of the vehicles showed up with the PTC and they announced existing vehicles could be retrofitted.

its expensive if youre an early reservation holder who wanted a PTC when it was $1500 but they forced us to remove it.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
$3000 is same price that showed up briefly last year in Sept when some of the vehicles showed up with the PTC and they announced existing vehicles could be retrofitted.
That doesn't mean anything. Business conditions do change, as do pricing decisions. It's a variable, not a constant.
Sponsored