Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I think the R1 shop is supposed to help with this a bit too.
The R1 shop should almost eliminate any need for a special friends and family program which should not exist.
I understand your point about Rivian focusing on QC, software improvements etc and agree but you have your truck so your priorities and what concerns you are different, with respect, to those still waiting.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I understand your point about Rivian focusing on QC, software improvements etc and agree but you have your truck so your priorities and what concerns you are different, with respect, to those still waiting.
They were the same when I was waiting on the truck, and I am still waiting on an R1S for my spouse.

I was annoyed by the random lotto (I specifically made a joke about it being the NBA draft), but I also didnt have a fit toward those individuals when people were getting their trucks who ordered after me.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

You guys still waiting can get your truck s00ner to according to Kyle... lol

1655780256353.png
'Charging Failed'

....all that bad karma everyone is sending his way pays off!!

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
He is not wrong but it is a customer service issue that should be addressed at the top.
What's interesting is given how little information the guides get from Rivian they do have a lot of power to acquire vehicles for their customers. When it comes to deliveries the ambition of your guide matters...

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
What's interesting is given how little information the guides get from Rivian they do have a lot of power to acquire vehicles for their customers. When it comes to deliveries the ambition of your guide matters...
The R1 Shop fixes this. It was definitely something I had noticed when I was waiting on being paired with a truck with my guide as well. My understanding is that had always gone back and forth a few times. Apparently at one point in time if a truck was abandoned the guides couldn't reassign it to their customers. Then it sounded like they basically had access to search inventory for customers.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
The R1 Shop fixes this.
...but only if you're flexible on configuration, yes? Otherwise you're still at the mercy of your guide...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
...but only if you're flexible on configuration, yes? Otherwise you're still at the mercy of your guide...
I mean, your guide is at your mercy as well then. They can only pair you to what is in line to be produced. But if you have a guide and are paired, the wait shouldn't be too long!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
if enough people have no inventory during their 7 day window that will solve a lot of the delivery problems too...

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I was okay with his previous explanation. So here, he repeated a few of the points he’s made, especially the one where he (and his colleagues) received special treatment because he knows people at Rivian and not because he has a YouTube channel. He kind of glosses over the ‘I know people’ explanation here but no matter…

…his non answer on pricing and the rest make the whole episode sound more than a bit unsavory…🧐
oh he definitely paid the pre-3/1 price. if he had paid the price he should have paid, he would have said as much. he already knows he's getting slammed for skipping the line and if folks knew he also got the discount on price, that would put most folks over the top. anyway, it probably means we are not going to see unbiased content/critique from him on the R1T now.

and his "didn't get any special treatment" stance is really comical and downright annoying. yes you did and yes its because you are a YTer, not just because you had a friend who knows a Guide. you think if anyone of us non-YTers asks for the contact of a Guide, we get it and then ask for a truck will get one early? not a chance.

other quotes that make we wanna slap the guy in the face:
"no one knows who we are"
"everyone i know got their R1T without waiting in line"

i generally like his content but he's been exposed. in his earnst to get a truck sooner its backfired in a way he probably didn't expect.

and a Guide has this much power or had that much power? if so, then Rivian's fulfillment is disorganized and broken. would explain the whole Rivian Lottery if Guides were pulling this crap. and i suppose the R1 Shop is supposed to fix this? wonder if it has or not or orders are still out of order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
oh he definitely paid the pre-3/1 price. if he had paid the price he should have paid, he would have said as much. he already knows he's getting slammed for skipping the line and if folks knew he also got the discount on price, that would put most folks over the top. anyway, it probably means we are not going to see unbiased content/critique from him on the R1T now.

and his "didn't get any special treatment" stance is really comical and downright annoying. yes you did and yes its because you are a YTer, not just because you had a friend who knows a Guide. you think if anyone of us non-YTers asks for the contact of a Guide, we get it and then ask for a truck will get one early? not a chance.

other quotes that make we wanna slap the guy in the face:
"no one knows who we are"
"everyone i know got their R1T without waiting in line"

i generally like his content but he's been exposed. in his earnst to get a truck sooner its backfired in a way he probably didn't expect.

and a Guide has this much power or had that much power? if so, then Rivian's fulfillment is/was disorganized and broken. would explain the whole Rivian Lottery though if Guides were pulling this crap. and i suppose the R1 Shop is supposed to fix this. wonder if it has or not or orders are still out of order.
The only way the R1Shop would fix this if the people were only assigned by the system based on pre-order date. As long as the guides can invite someone to the R1Shop as it appears happened here, it does not make it better, it actually seems to make it easier to skip the line as long as you are flexible on the configuration.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
The only way the R1Shop would fix this if the people were only assigned by the system based on pre-order date. As long as the guides can invite someone to the R1Shop as it appears happened here, it does not make it better, it actually seems to make it easier to skip the line as long as you are flexible on the configuration.
People really need to drop the idea of a "line". There is no line in a literal sense. At most Rivian is looking at order dates in the aggregate, but certainly not at the micro level.

Individual preorders would certainly refute the notion that Rivian is following preorder dates in their delivery process.

If asked this question on the next earnings' call, Rivian could say yes they are and still be accurate when talking about the big picture.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I was shocked to hear in the first four minutes of his latest video that he paid pre March pricing rather than the post 1st March increase. That goes against everything said at the time and is Rivian giving away over $15k.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I was shocked to hear in the first four minutes of his latest video that he paid pre March pricing rather than the post 1st March increase. That goes against everything said at the time and is Rivian giving away over $15k.
Wow, you're right. He did confirm he paid pre-hike pricing. Unreal.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

You guys still waiting can get your truck s00ner to according to Kyle... lol

1655780256353.png
Accept, when I asked my friend - they told me that they don't know what Kyle is talking about. I think @Dark-Fx had the same response.
Sponsored