RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

The video auto-goes to his statement on it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I was okay with his previous explanation. So here, he repeated a few of the points he’s made, especially the one where he (and his colleagues) received special treatment because he knows people at Rivian and not because he has a YouTube channel. He kind of glosses over the ‘I know people’ explanation here but no matter…

…his non answer on pricing and the rest make the whole episode sound more than a bit unsavory…🧐

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I'm laughing at the look on everyone's faces when Kyle is done with his BS answer.

Listen - at the risk of awakening the swarm of Kyle shills, I will say that had he paid current pricing, he would have just said so to alleviate any concerns that he not only jumped the line but that he also got preferential pricing.

The fact that he didn't speaks volumes. If I were advising Kyle on what to do as an attorney, I would have done the same. If he lies and says he paid current pricing, RIVIAN will know and it will potentially jeopardize his relationship. If he says he got pre-MARCH 1 pricing, or even discounted employee pricing, he will infuriate reservation holders who think he already got special treatment for even getting access to a Guide and purchasing a truck. Maybe even piss off his most staunch supporters.

Leaving the question unanswered is the best strategy. Congratulations Kyle.

For me - and I am only speaking for me - I will respectfully disagree with Kyle that he didn't get special treatment and no Kyle - that isn't "awesome" as you said in your delivery video.

You could have gone to the secondary market like Sandy Munro did and purchase an R1T (his first one was a long time reservation) and people would not have had their feathers ruffled.

I wish Kyle all the best but I will not be watching any of his R1T content because I will not reward him for the way he acquired his R1T which was decidedly Out of Spec. Lots of content out there from forum members and YouTubers I'd rather support who acquired their R1T Within Spec.

I hope that he continues to engage with this community in a meaningful way to solicit feedback on ways to continue to refine his videos and testing schemes. Given that the community has rewarded him handsomely with thousands, if not tens of thousands of views and new subscribers, he owes us that much.

Peace out Zombie Thread...

Rivian R1T R1S OutofSpec Kyle Gets His R1T - Rivian Factory Delivery Video Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 6.15.01 PM

Last edited:

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
I'm laughing at the look on everyone's faces when Kyle is done with his BS answer.

Listen - at the risk of awakening the swarm of Kyle shills, I will say that had he paid current pricing, he would have just said so to alleviate any concerns that he not only jumped the line but that he also got preferential pricing.

The fact that he didn't speaks volumes. If I were advising Kyle on what to do as an attorney, I would have done the same. If he lies and says he paid current pricing, RIVIAN will know and it will potentially jeopardize his relationship. If he says he got pre-MARCH 1 pricing, or even discounted employee pricing, he will infuriate reservation holders who think he already got special treatment for even getting access to a Guide and purchasing a truck. Maybe even piss off his most staunch supporters.

Leaving the question unanswered is the best strategy. Congratulations Kyle.

For me - and I am only speaking for me - I will respectfully disagree with Kyle that he didn't get special treatment and no Kyle - that isn't "awesome" as you said in your delivery video.

You could have gone to the secondary market like Sandy Munro did and purchase an R1T (his first one was a long time reservation) and people would not have had their feathers ruffled.

I wish Kyle all the best but I will not be watching any of his R1T content because I will not reward him for the way he acquired his R1T which was decidedly Out of Spec. Lots of content out there from forum members and YouTubers I'd rather support who acquired their R1T Within Spec.

I hope that he continues to engage with this community in a meaningful way to solicit feedback on ways to continue to refine his videos and testing schemes. Given that the community has rewarded him handsomely with thousands, if not tens of thousands of views and new subscribers, he owes us that much.

Peace out Zombie Thread...

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 6.15.01 PM.png
Rivian R1T R1S OutofSpec Kyle Gets His R1T - Rivian Factory Delivery Video 1655520182715

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S OutofSpec Kyle Gets His R1T - Rivian Factory Delivery Video images (1)

Sponsored

Kaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Really looking forward to mine, but at the current rate of deliveries, I won't be getting mine until possibly mid-2023 at the earliest. By that time there will be a HOST of other EV options coming out (albeit not all trucks). I want the Rivian I have on order, but right now I give it about a 50% chance I'll actually get one because I might cave in for something else.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

You guys still waiting can get your truck s00ner to according to Kyle... lol

Rivian R1T R1S OutofSpec Kyle Gets His R1T - Rivian Factory Delivery Video 1655780256353

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hang around the factory and buy some employees a drink or lunch?
Hahahaha. That would be a unique way to gain a friend. I like the ingenuity!😃

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hang around the factory and buy some employees a drink or lunch?
Food and drink to find a Rivian friend and get a truck faster = Good!
Blackmail and kidnapping a Rivian friend and get a truck faster = Bad!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
He's not wrong.
He is not wrong but it is a customer service issue that should be addressed at the top.

I can understand the decision to ship the first vehicles to employees as a final QC step. I also fully understand if a truck is shipped to a service center and delivery falls through next person up around that service center with that configuration is called. I also can get behind sending trucks to all open service centers to keep them busy causing later people that could be in those regions getting called.

What does not work is someone being able to jump the line for a truck that is in Normal because they know someone.

The people being invited to the R1Shop should only be by date ordered with earliest first. If they choose to pass they at least get a chance to make the decision.

This is nothing against Kyle, I enjoy his testing if he had a chance to do what he did good for him but Rivian should not be allowing this.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
He is not wrong but it is a customer service issue that should be addressed at the top.

I can understand the decision to ship the first vehicles to employees as a final QC step. I also fully understand if a truck is shipped to a service center and delivery falls through next person up around that service center with that configuration is called. I also can get behind sending trucks to all open service centers to keep them busy causing later people that could be in those regions getting called.

What does not work is someone being able to jump the line for a truck that is in Normal because they know someone.

The people being invited to the R1Shop should only be by date ordered with earliest first. If they choose to pass they at least get a chance to make the decision.

This is nothing against Kyle, I enjoy his testing if he had a chance to do what he did good for him but Rivian should not be allowing this.
Yeah, I'm torn on them having a friends and family list. I've heard of it a few times now, but only in very limited quantities. Of the things that I think are worth giving Rivian grief about, it doesn't seem like a small number of people who are friends or family of employees is really worth it at this point. They're making trucks in number. Random ass people get them at seemingly random ass times. To some extent I think that benefits Rivian to keep reservations coming in. I'd rather focus energy on pushing them to improve the trucks, and their QC, and service, and identify software features to add, etc. 🤷‍♂️

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I'm torn on them having a friends and family list. I've heard of it a few times now, but only in very limited quantities. Of the things that I think are worth giving Rivian grief about, it doesn't seem like a small number of people who are friends or family of employees is really worth it at this point. They're making trucks in number. Random ass people get them at seemingly random ass times. To some extent I think that benefits Rivian to keep reservations coming in. I'd rather focus energy on pushing them to improve the trucks, and their QC, and service, and identify software features to add, etc. 🤷‍♂️
I understand what you are saying and my turn is not up yet with the latest slip of the R1S deliveries. I really have no pressing need for the vehicle although was hoping this year to take advantage of the tax credit.

The only real issue I see here is it will not really keep the reservations coming in if this is a well know practice. They have limited vehicles, they are asking people to put $1k down to hold a place in line. People will no longer see the benefit of the deposit once they find out that $1k does not put them in a queue but a random spot in a stadium.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I understand what you are saying and my turn is not up yet with the latest slip of the R1S deliveries. I really have no pressing need for the vehicle although was hoping this year to take advantage of the tax credit.

The only real issue I see here is it will not really keep the reservations coming in if this is a well know practice. They have limited vehicles, they are asking people to put $1k down to hold a place in line. People will no longer see the benefit of the deposit once they find out that $1k does not put them in a queue but a random spot in a stadium.
I think the R1 shop is supposed to help with this a bit too.
Sponsored