Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Well I'm just now noticing it, jeeze! Reaffirms my plans to black out the silver skid plate below to match. And makes me consider getting midnight black over el cap...

But my original question was, how do folks feel about this look?
I personally like it. Reminds me of a cleaner more streamlined take on the G-Wagon roof with the night package. I see a lot of them around town and I like the black roof.

Rivian R1T R1S Our R1S is here! 3859A8D5-F43A-485A-8432-06069CC2416C
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

We feel incredibly lucky and I almost hate to post this. October 2020. I think we just had the exact configuration they have been making and live not too far from a service center.
wow that is pretty crazy that you got it already. so it is a Launch Edition or Adventure?

you didnt happen to be on the Rivian friends and family list?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I'm really glad for you that you got your truck earlier but I have to send a serious WTF to Rivian. I have an AUG-SEP window that was already moved from JAN-FEB and then JUN-JUL. Rivian has confirmed this to be my window multiple times. My config is the exact same as this and my pre-order date is a year earlier.

Again, no fault to you - I'm glad you have your truck and I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. But Rivian needs to get their head on straight here. Something isn't adding up about what they communicated to us about delivery order.
bro, sucks for you and others who ordered way earlier. i thought Rivian would have resolved this madness after all the chaos with the R1T Lottery but guess it continues.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Well I'm just now noticing it, jeeze! Reaffirms my plans to black out the silver skid plate below to match. And makes me consider getting midnight black over el cap...

But my original question was, how do folks feel about this look?
I’m okay with the black roof a la Land Rover. I despise the silver strip. I’ll black out the strip and potentially the skid plate and rear lower bumper. I don’t do debadging anymore but the shiny Rivian in the back will have to go too.

Last edited:

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Awesome! Enjoy the ride!

Sponsored

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
Dang, I'm Sept 2020 preorder and an hour and a half from Boston Service Center...so you're saying there's a chance! Come on, Rivian lottery!!!

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Awesome! My standard question - did you have underbody shield?

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Don't be afraid to post....We're all happy for you.
heh, this seems a rather optimistic take. I agree dont beat him up congrats.

Frankly I'm of the opinion that we'll get it when we get it. (my wifes R1S) Rivian will fufill the orders they can fufill in the markets they know they can provide service in.

Last edited:

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm really glad for you that you got your truck earlier but I have to send a serious WTF to Rivian. I have an AUG-SEP window that was already moved from JAN-FEB and then JUN-JUL. Rivian has confirmed this to be my window multiple times. My config is the exact same as this and my pre-order date is a year earlier.

Again, no fault to you - I'm glad you have your truck and I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. But Rivian needs to get their head on straight here. Something isn't adding up about what they communicated to us about delivery order.
Per your signature, you do not have the exact same config. My guess is this was either an orphan or OP just got lucky with the current batching. Now, if I get my R1S before you, you can definitely go nuts! :CWL:

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. That's a great looking truck. You shouldn't feel bad to take yours before others, sometimes you have to be lucky and good. Rivian, if you're reading this, I'll be happy to take delivery this weekend of the R1S at the Orlando SC that matches my exact config... Yes I know that there may be others in line that ordered before me, but I am very lucky and I'll react immediately. My two pairs of crossbars and my maxtraxx will be at my house on Tuesday, I sure would like to have a Rivian to go with them... :rock:

Sponsored

agsogg

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry
Occupation
Retired
We feel incredibly lucky and I almost hate to post this. October 2020. I think we just had the exact configuration they have been making and live not too far from a service center.
Although I am a believer in fairness, as a 12/21 preorder my heart is a flutter.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Per your signature, you do not have the exact same config. My guess is this was either an orphan or OP just got lucky with the current batching. Now, if I get my R1S before you, you can definitely go nuts! :CWL:
What do you see that is different?

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2

RDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90

Wheels....
Sponsored