First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
@Ccomtois - thanks! You must have missed the thread for yesterday. I was part of the big wave that went out yesterday. Config confirmed and I have been assigned Mark E as my guide
well that's just awesome! did you get assigned a vin yet? it will be super fast from there.
Sponsored

tragicmonkey049

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Adventure; 2019 Toyo Prius
Occupation
Curmudgeon
@OP: Congratulations!

Is this a 5 or 7 seater? If it's a seven and you have a minute, I am desperately looking for a pic showing how big the trunk is with only the 3rd row seats folded down.

Enjoy your new car!
I really wanted to know the same. I found this review very useful:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/we-me...s-cargo-storage-to-determine-its-usable-space

They measured everything, then used those measurements to draw in their photos the biggest-volume "solid box" that could be put into the space without tearing up the interior.

Bottom-lines:
1. In 5-seat mode, you get a volume that's 42.5 inches wide, 28 inches tall, and 41 inches deep.
2. No, your 32-gallon Rubbermaid trash cans will not stand upright in the back for a dump run.
3. Yes, your new LG 5.0 cu. ft. Large Capacity High Efficiency Stackable Smart Front Load Washer with TurboWash360 and Steam in Black Steel will fit, but you'll have to take it out of the shipping box and lay it on its side.

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Prius, 2022 Pacifica PHEV, 2023 Bolt EUV
Occupation
Curmudgeon
What the royal F.
I can understand some out-of-sequence … but Oct '20 is most of two years after "day one" orders.
(I don't count my day one order because I've already spoken with a guide and chose the tbd Mega Pack.)
Day 2 order here. I've spoken to no one. Gotten only the blast emails. The one in July said 1H 2023.
But that's my fault for ordering Explorer, not Launch Edition. Didn't see the pandemic/supply chain thing coming. Or the demise of Explorer anyway. Adventure, to me, is $5500 for a better stereo and a hope of 2022 delivery that looks like it won't happen.

Oh, and tow hooks. Those are kinda cool. (Actually looking forward to the tow hitch for the ability to attach a bike rack/BBQ. This'll be good for beach trips and tailgates.)

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Congrats to mbooie and the other imminent deliverees. Enjoy!!

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Day 2 order here. I've spoken to no one.
You didn't miss anything helpful by not contacting Customer Service. I emailed CS 3 times in the first 6 months of 2022, asking when I would get a delivery window. I gave up and stopped asking when I got the response shown in my signature.

Sponsored

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Curmudgeon
You didn't miss anything helpful by not contacting Customer Service. I emailed CS 3 times in the first 6 months of 2022, asking when I would get a delivery window. I gave up and stopped asking when I got the response shown in my signature.
I'm less persistent -- I only emailed them once. Roughly the same result. I didn't count that as individualized communication, since I initiated it and no useful information was provided.

I see others with Guides, and in my head I hear, "Pretty women are walkin' with gorillas down my street ...."

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
@Ccomtois - I was also assigned Mark E as my guide. How was your experience working with him? Responsive?

Never mind. I mis-read the thread on my phone and responded to myself.... :surprised: I'm just a little bit excited.

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
@Ccomtois - I was also assigned Mark E as my guide. How was your experience working with him? Responsive?

Never mind. I mis-read the thread on my phone and responded to myself.... :surprised: I'm just a little bit excited.

I didn't have Mark as a Guide so can't comment.....but it looks like things are happening for ya!

btw..if you would like to see your config up and personal this week - let me know and we can meet up....which will be sure to even get you more excited for ur vehicle. It's pretty amazing.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I didn't have Mark as a Guide so can't comment.....but it looks like things are happening for ya!

btw..if you would like to see your config up and personal this week - let me know and we can meet up....which will be sure to even get you more excited for ur vehicle. It's pretty amazing.
Thanks - this was totally a mess up on my part because I was viewing the thread on my phone and didn't see I was actually replying to myself. I've actually sat in my config at the Venice Hub back in July so I'm more than a little bit anxious. We need to get a Front Range R1S group together in addition to the general Rivian groups.

Tenmile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram PW, Jeep FSJ w/LS, BMW M5
Nice! Super happy for you and @Ccomtois ! We're still waiting news on ours, but given we went with Blue, we know we're later in line than the Green. Would love to see one in person if either of you have a couple of minutes.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nice! Super happy for you and @Ccomtois ! We're still waiting news on ours, but given we went with Blue, we know we're later in line than the Green. Would love to see one in person if either of you have a couple of minutes.
Absolutely. I am already planning to take an afternoon off work once I get mine and sit in a parking lot for people to come by and look at it. I'll be posting here on the forums when I do it.

Tenmile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram PW, Jeep FSJ w/LS, BMW M5
Absolutely. I am already planning to take an afternoon off work once I get mine and sit in a parking lot for people to come by and look at it. I'll be posting here on the forums when I do it.
You sir, would be a hero to a few folks on this forum when you do!

erikedmonds

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Data Scientist
Beautiful....let the adventures begin.....or Costco runs...maybe Trader Joe's
We feel incredibly lucky and I almost hate to post this. October 2020. I think we just had the exact configuration they have been making and live not too far from a service center.
Can you give an idea of the configuration?

Chgroth

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover LR4 and Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Insurance Company Executive
We feel incredibly lucky and I almost hate to post this. October 2020. I think we just had the exact configuration they have been making and live not too far from a service center.
Wow. Congratulations! I ordered a year earlier to the month. My delivery window runs Oct - Dec so fingers crossed. I live in CT in the NYC metro area. Closest SC is Brooklyn.

OP
OP

mbooie

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
If you are ever in northern Colorado front range area, let me know. We would be happy to have you take a look.
Sponsored