First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Maybe the delay on OC is so that they can retool the color to be a bit darker? Haven't heard many positive comments about the current shade.
Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Maybe the delay on OC is so that they can retool the color to be a bit darker? Haven't heard many positive comments about the current shade.
Hmmm... Everyone I know that's seen it person was expecting it to be lighter or completely white, like the configurator.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
More likely just working with the manufacturer to meet Rivian's uniformity requirement.

The situation they have is probably not only matching pieces within a single truck but deciding how much variance is acceptable between vehicles. Unless they fail at generating sufficent light wood as designed I would not expect a color change. In particular I expect that the designers would hate using a mid brown tone.

It's interesting that Tesla removed wood from their white interior. So that's another approach to the problem.

lambo

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Kia Niro EV
Occupation
Software
Rivian R1T R1S OCEAN COAST Rivian Interior Photos Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 7.12.07 AM
Saw this image of OC doors in production this morning in an article from Barron's. Has it been posted here before? It seems familiar. Perhaps it's a new use of an older image?

The Barron's article is behind a paywall. I was able to read the article in the Apple's Stocks and News apps. Apple's links redirect to the Barron's paywalled link.

https://stocks.apple.com/A5zHeDAVfSDyEDqoKd3IQuQ
https://apple.news/A5zHeDAVfSDyEDqoKd3IQuQ

https://www.barrons.com/articles/rivian-ipo-stock-price-lockup-51651494868

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Slightly older post, but after having seen in person, sat in, etc, a OC Rivian... Its definitely not a pretty as the pictures above. Being more of a heavily creamed coffee, than white. The pictures, i think are beautiful. But after seeing them in person, they look more, well the only way to put it, is dirty.

I was so hoping they were white.. in this Interior, the way the pictures show, they look so beautiful. But in my opinion, its not nearly as good as I was hoping.
I'm off Team OC. Daughter just came from Venice Hub and she said OC is a 'dirty white' and she didn't like the wood. She prefers the FE, then BM, and if had to, OC. So I'm shifting to Team FE. One other concern of mine is that after waiting months into the future, Rivian could decide to abandon OC as an option if they don't get it settled to their satisfaction. And in the end I would have to switch anyway...so I'm switching to either LG/FE, CY/BM or RC/BM.
Dirty_B
I said exactly the same thing prior. Its not nearly as pretty as it looks in the pics.. But Dirty.

Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I don't think thats just angle and lighting. If that were the case why would the difference show up exactly where those parts of the headliner meet. The shading/color would look more like its fading, just like the headrest in that same photo. And it could be because of the swirl pattern of people are touching it?

Come on, who are we trying to kid. Its just probably not well done, lets be real. Its a new vehicle so were going to see issues like this as they learn and improve. Hopefully, this is even an earlier version and production ones are better.
Those are different materials. Can’t speak to color matching as I haven’t seen the OC interior in person, but the material change at that point is consistent in BM and FE interiors I’ve seen.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I'm off Team OC. Daughter just came from Venice Hub and she said OC is a 'dirty white' and she didn't like the wood. She prefers the FE, then BM, and if had to, OC. So I'm shifting to Team FE. One other concern of mine is that after waiting months into the future, Rivian could decide to abandon OC as an option if they don't get it settled to their satisfaction. And in the end I would have to switch anyway...so I'm switching to either LG/FE, CY/BM or RC/BM.
Dirty_B
They currently have OC? If so I’ll swing by.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
If you do, would love to see some color corrected photos, if you are able to swing it.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Unless they changed vehicles in the last week, I'm guessing she may have meant the materials out for display in the main building. I haven't seen an actual truck with OC there yet

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 7.12.07 AM.png
Saw this image of OC doors in production this morning in an article from Barron's. Has it been posted here before? It seems familiar. Perhaps it's a new use of an older image?

The Barron's article is behind a paywall. I was able to read the article in the Apple's Stocks and News apps. Apple's links redirect to the Barron's paywalled link.

https://stocks.apple.com/A5zHeDAVfSDyEDqoKd3IQuQ
https://apple.news/A5zHeDAVfSDyEDqoKd3IQuQ

https://www.barrons.com/articles/rivian-ipo-stock-price-lockup-51651494868
It's definitely an older photo. There were plenty of pre-production trucks built with Ocean Coast, many of which are now service vehicles, but never any customer production trucks.

Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
No, they just have the small samples on a table that you can hold a paint sample up to for color coordination. The R1Ts on site have BM and FE.
Ok, that’s what I would have guessed. I’m hoping they’ll get a limestone R1S with OC interior, just to answer everyone’s questions at once…

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
I’ve seen (and driven in) an R1T with OC and I really like the color of the “leather”. However, I was a bit disappointed with the wood - the treatment left it looking too “plastic-y” and with a pinkish-white hue.

The email from Rivian said that the delay is due to the wood: “The light wood in Ocean Coast is more challenging to produce…”, so I’d have to assume that they’re focusing on that and not the color of the “leather.”

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Unless they changed vehicles in the last week, I'm guessing she may have meant the materials out for display in the main building. I haven't seen an actual truck with OC there yet
I was at the Venice Hub on Sunday and no OC R1Ts, only the swatches available with OC
Sponsored