OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I really liked OC, I'd got LA Silver and OC, but wife says El Cap and Black... So probably gonna go that direction. She was surprised that you couldn't pick you would trim option and mix and match.
Rivian R1T R1S OCEAN COAST Rivian Interior Photos 1002211122d_HDR

That headliner misalignment will bug me.
Also I am hoping the discoloration is due to the white balance and interior light condition.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
1002211122d_HDR.jpg

Also I am hoping the discoloration is due to the white balance and interior light condition.
The color issue is probably because of the way light reflects off the different textures on those surfaces, which is more noticeable on "film" than to your eye. However, that misalignment cannot be explained by a photo issue.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
1002211122d_HDR.jpg

Honestly I just believe that's an angle and shadow. Also that testured faux alcantara liner holds a different shade of color based on the swirl when you touch it. It can look different just based on people touching it.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
The color issue is probably because of the way light reflects off the different textures on those surfaces, which is more noticeable on "film" than to your eye. However, that misalignment cannot be explained by a photo issue.
I looked through the other photos, its just lighting. There is a lip where the pieces join, but nothing out of the ordinary IMO.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I looked through the other photos, its just lighting. There is a lip where the pieces join, but nothing out of the ordinary IMO.
I don't think thats just angle and lighting. If that were the case why would the difference show up exactly where those parts of the headliner meet. The shading/color would look more like its fading, just like the headrest in that same photo. And it could be because of the swirl pattern of people are touching it?

Come on, who are we trying to kid. Its just probably not well done, lets be real. Its a new vehicle so were going to see issues like this as they learn and improve. Hopefully, this is even an earlier version and production ones are better.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Does anyone here have experience with white leather interior? I’m in between choosing white vs black. I’ve never owned a vehicle with white and was curious about the difficulties of keeping clean and close to new throughout owning the vehicle.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Does anyone here have experience with white leather interior? I’m in between choosing white vs black. I’ve never owned a vehicle with white and was curious about the difficulties of keeping clean and close to new throughout owning the vehicle.
My current daily driver has white leather and it's held up pretty well after 3.5 years/58k miles. I am pretty good about cleaning it and there has definitely been occasional color transfer from jeans or other clothes but it's always come out with a good cleaning (I use Autoglym leather cleaner).

That said, I don't know if that's going to be the case with the vegan leather. I don't have any experience with it although I have read that it doesn't hold up as well. I'll be interested to get feedback from early deliveries on whether color transfer is an issue and how easy to clean the vegan leather is.

ccmun

First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting

I called Rivian with that concern. My 2017 Honda Ridgeline seat was a light grey leather interior that was darker than the OC, but my blue jeans would leave a stain on it, which eventually left a faint blue hue, after I grew tired of cleaning. it. The Rivian CS said their seats clean easily, and won't stain easily, but that remains to be seen.

This was my Ridgeline interior.
Rivian R1T R1S OCEAN COAST Rivian Interior Photos 1633798740438

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I’ve owned two Teslas with white interior. They’re vinyl or “vegan leather” just like Rivian. if you want to call it that. A 2016 Model X and now a 2021 Model Y. Surprisingly, two different experiences with them even though the seat material seems to be nearly identical between the two. Seats in the X had the perforated material and were known at the time for being thin and prone to tearing. They actually held up great for 4.5 years and we ended up selling the car. We’ve owned the Model Y for 14 months now and the white seats have been mostly good there. But here’s what I can say about each…

The white seats in the Model X were super soft and were super easy to clean. A damp microfiber cloth was all that was ever needed. Even blue jeans dye wiped right off. Overall they were great, but my wife let one of our dogs ride in the car one day and one of his claws punctured a seat. Lesson learned. Aside from that, this was the easiest car interior to clean. Ever.

Model Y. Thought it would be the same…. No perforations and the seats are soft in a similar way, but the surface finish on the seat material is different. I can tell it’s thicker and should hold up better than what was in the Model X. But it has a different texture or feel to it. I would say it feels cheap. Damp microfiber cloth still cleans most everything off, but blue jeans dye is a problem. The dye adheres to this white material differently. Various cleaners that some people claim will work do nothing. I’ve found the Simple Green or Zep cleaning wipes do a great job for the most part, but some of the jeans dye can still be stubborn. As recommended online the Car Guys upholstery cleaner seems to do the trick on the jeans dye.

You will often see people recommend things like Magic Eraser. DO NOT USE MAGIC ERASER or any other abrasive cleaning product. It will destroy the surface finish and actually make staining worse over time.

Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I’ve owned two Teslas with white interior. They’re vinyl or “vegan leather” just like Rivian. if you want to call it that. A 2016 Model X and now a 2021 Model Y. Surprisingly, two different experiences with them even though the seat material seems to be nearly identical between the two. Seats in the X had the perforated material and were known at the time for being thin and prone to tearing. They actually held up great for 4.5 years and we ended up selling the car. We’ve owned the Model Y for 14 months now and the white seats have been mostly good there. But here’s what I can say about each…

The white seats in the Model X were super soft and were super easy to clean. A damp microfiber cloth was all that was ever needed. Even blue jeans dye wiped right off. Overall they were great, but my wife let one of our dogs ride in the car one day and one of his claws punctured a seat. Lesson learned. Aside from that, this was the easiest car interior to clean. Ever.

Model Y. Thought it would be the same…. No perforations and the seats are soft in a similar way, but the surface finish on the seat material is different. I can tell it’s thicker and should hold up better than what was in the Model X. But it has a different texture or feel to it. I would say it feels cheap. Damp microfiber cloth still cleans most everything off, but blue jeans dye is a problem. The dye adheres to this white material differently. Various cleaners that some people claim will work do nothing. I’ve found the Simple Green or Zep cleaning wipes do a great job for the most part, but some of the jeans dye can still be stubborn. As recommended online the Car Guys upholstery cleaner seems to do the trick on the jeans dye.

You will often see people recommend things like Magic Eraser. DO NOT USE MAGIC ERASER or any other abrasive cleaning product. It will destroy the surface finish and actually make staining worse over time.
Are you opting for the white interior on your R1?

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Are you opting for the white interior on your R1?
Yes. Although Ocean Coast is actually a really light grey, not blinding white like Tesla’s white. But I’m all in on the OC interior on the R1T unless I happen to see Forest Edge in person and decide I like it better. But I’m pretty sure it’s still going to be OC.

Viperssd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Audi Q7, Tesla Model 3
I had previously followed a couple detailing channels when I cleaned up a fairly beat up X. They basically use marine grade vinyl cleaners with a lot of success, specifically this stuff 303 Vinyl Cleaner/Protector