Sponsored

Motortrend Videos are gone…did anyone download them?

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Seems like the videos have disappeared from the massive info drop on motortrend.

Did anyone download them before they were taken down?
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't seen any mirrors. Sorry. I am super curious what prompted them to take both videos down though...

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I haven't seen any mirrors. Sorry. I am super curious what prompted them to take both videos down though...
The key operator here being both - what did they touch on in both videos that rubbed Rivian the wrong way?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The key operator here being both - what did they touch on in both videos that rubbed Rivian the wrong way?
Exactly. I almost wonder if MT stumbled into a totally separate oh shit moment. Like filming the truck going across a creek and having an environmental complaint. Or somehow filming private property without getting a release because they were so stoked to drive the truck. Or.... who the hell knows. lol.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Here is one video I managed to save (just now) and upload.

That one is still up on their regular website and video list. That's the weird thing. Two of the three are down. What prompted removing those *two*.

Are last week's up still??? (goes to check)
Rivian R1T R1S Motortrend Videos are gone…did anyone download them? 1631161208055

Yep still there:
Rivian R1T R1S Motortrend Videos are gone…did anyone download them? 1631161310090

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

That one is still up on their regular website and video list. That's the weird thing. Two of the three are down. What prompted removing those *two*.

Are last week's up still??? (goes to check)
1631161208055.png

Ahh yea the original source URL's are disabled for sure.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
In at least one (don't remember which), they showed the "Conserve" mode that has not been officially acknowledged and may or may not be enabled at launch. That could be an issue.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
In at least one (don't remember which), they showed the "Conserve" mode that has not been officially acknowledged and may or may not be enabled at launch. That could be an issue.
Had the same thought. But I think that was only in one of them. And if it was that like... 15 second clip, I would have thought they'd edit it out and quickly repost it.

Also, there's no way theses didn't get reviews by Rivian before posting. Right?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I wonder why everyone's immediate speculation is Rivian told them to pull it... It could be anything but odds are it's a lot more boring and silly than anyone is expecting.

And just to throw in my wildly unfounded speculation, I'll say they realized they didn't have a release on file for one of the people they met along the trip.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

MT aren't amateurs, I'm sure they got releases for everyone they filmed. They were revealing quite a lot about the truck so could be Rivian wanting to control the message. Though they probably would have had to have gotten consent from Rivian first, you'd think. Maybe something was missed that came out in the video that Rivian doesn't want revealed.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
MT aren't amateurs, I'm sure they got releases for everyone they filmed.
Agreed. But stuff happens. I can't decide if a blunder of this type is more likely than them accidentally outing something that was persistent throughout the videos. I'm really curious.
They were revealing quite a lot about the truck so could be Rivian wanting to control the message.
Other than the conservation mode, did anyone see anything actually new in the two new videos? I don't remember anyone catching anything significant. You'd think someone would have.
Though they probably would have had to have gotten consent from Rivian first, you'd think.
This is the company that won't even confirm a garage opener. We all know the videos went through Rivian first. lol.
Maybe something was missed that came out in the video that Rivian doesn't want revealed.
I'd think someone on one of the social groups of forums would have noticed whatever it was if it was persistent enough for MT to pull both videos for the day. Not saying this isn't the case. Everything about this is weirdly fascinating to me.
Sponsored