Sponsored

Motortrend Videos are gone…did anyone download them?

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
dude, get a hobby that doesn’t involve freaking out constantly and writing novels over every little thing. Your emotions have clouded your judgment here, and I’m gonna have to mute you because you’ve lost the ability to think or respond reasonably.
Since I can't see whom you're replying to, I know my ignore function is working! And that narrows it down to just two accounts. I try not to mute anyone, but... sheesh.
Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Thanks for the tip. Worked for me, and as of now part 2 is still available there, too.

Leg 1: https://apple.news/A1d4VOMgfRzWZZhe5UZPoig
Leg 2: https://apple.news/AXDzxcs9fSi2qnYufaoWIHg

Works in Apple's News app on iOS, iPadOS, and even macOS if you have their News app installed. I just watched both videos full screen on my mac.

If you haven't seen the videos yet and don't have an Apple device: you're honestly not missing very much. They aren't truck reviews. Yes, it's nice to have any new Rivian content, but the videos are really just a trip diary for the motor trend editors. Much is said about the scenery, and their gratitude for being able to take a long off-road trip, but there's really not much at all about the trucks.
Incredible! Thanks for posting!

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
You still look at the wrong angle. It isn’t about the reach of MotorTrend the YouTube channel; this is about the reach of the Rivian brand. A brand like Rivian should pull people to the YouTube video. That is not happening. People are not watching the video, and that is the problem. The problem is not the reach of MotorTrend. The problem is Rivian is not popular (as i thought) with consumers for consumers to care to click on a Rivian review and watch it.

We’re up to 201k views now. A whopping 6,000 people in 12 hours watched the video. This is so disappointing. I thought Rivian would have been able to pull in a million views in 24 hours, no doubt in my mind.

The Rivian brand doesn't have a reach yet because it doesn't have a product. It will be ahead of the Model S in 2012 as it can piggyback on the success of Tesla. Have you asked any random people if they've heard of Rivian? When I do the answer is either a) no or b)Yeah I already ordered one. There's been too much vaporware so until there's a product it wont tickle the publics interest. ESPECIALLY now that there's a Hummer, Lightning from the mainstream.

What you will see is that after Doug and TTAC and the YT guys get their hands on a R1T, THEN your MT count will go up. MT is not a huge factor anymore. Car mags are for people 35-70. Including their e-content.

At the end of the day its an 80k Truck that doesnt exist. And even if you want one you cant get it till 2023. If Rivian could've launched last fall or at least this spring it would be a very, very different story. I place zero stock in the Rivian view count. I used to think they'd be a decent market share but now with the others I really believe they'll be a 1-2% vehicle.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd

Leg 2 of the trail has been posted to youtube.
Sponsored