Sponsored

Low speed 'Tocking' when stopping or starting

Low speed drivetrain 'tock' when starting out or stopping? Would you contact service?

• Total voters

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Has anybody had this fix and it lasted more than a few weeks? Seems the grease really is what solves the sound, but doesn't last, so comes back.
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
i describe it as creaking. i suppose you could call it a clink/clunk. not sure if tick/tock is the same or not... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

that must be super frustrating to try to address it multiple times, even after the customer satisfaction campaign. yikes. do you have another service appointment scheduled?

if i get the truck back with no fix or "within normal tolerances" i'll just have to give it more time and see. im pretty picky about noises so if it drives me crazy i'll likely open another ticket.
Two times theyā€™ve called it normal. Iā€™ll just wait till something breaks I guess.

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Mine is currently in for glass repair and they are going to do the service campaign for the "rocking" I will say my loaner with ~6k miles on is considerably quieter than mine, with no noticable tok

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Has anybody had this fix and it lasted more than a few weeks? Seems the grease really is what solves the sound, but doesn't last, so comes back.
I drove from Austin SC to home and it was already doing it againā€¦lasted 60 miles.

booslim45

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
When I took mine in the service manager noticed it on our drive then on the final service ticket they said they didn't notice it. However, I still notice it. I dont know if its worth a 2 hr drive to the SC

Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
10k miles here. I had very loud creaking previously that was fixed at the SC. This was prior to the most recent satisfaction washer campaign, but I think they did something in the front only. I think they added a washer to the front.

My rear wheels now have distinctive tock/clunk sounds. I can modulate the sound with the throttle at low speeds. Tick tock tick tock. If I put the truck in conserve mode, I donā€™t hear the tocks, so I can at least isolate the very distinct sounds to the rear.

This seems to have started around 8k. Itā€™s possible Iā€™ve always had it and it was masked by the creaking. But it seems to be getting worse.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
10k miles here. I had very loud creaking previously that was fixed at the SC. This was prior to the most recent satisfaction washer campaign, but I think they did something in the front only. I think they added a washer to the front.

My rear wheels now have distinctive tock/clunk sounds. I can modulate the sound with the throttle at low speeds. Tick tock tick tock. If I put the truck in conserve mode, I donā€™t hear the tocks, so I can at least isolate the very distinct sounds to the rear.

This seems to have started around 8k. Itā€™s possible Iā€™ve always had it and it was masked by the creaking. But it seems to be getting worse.
Its definitely a wear thing....Tech drove one with me at the Austin SC with 3k miles....barely noticeable....I drove another with service manager with 7k miles...a little worse....and then mine with 8k just sounds not right....and they say normal.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It sounds like they are automatically adding the campaign stuff to repair orders for other issues based on my current service appointment that's taking far too long.

klownhavok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Its definitely a wear thing....Tech drove one with me at the Austin SC with 3k miles....barely noticeable....I drove another with service manager with 7k miles...a little worse....and then mine with 8k just sounds not right....and they say normal.
What is your experience with Austin SC? I am in Austin as well and am dreading bringing it in for tickets. First EV here and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s better than the previous service departments Iā€™ve dealt with my previous gasser.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
What is your experience with Austin SC? I am in Austin as well and am dreading bringing it in for tickets. First EV here and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s better than the previous service departments Iā€™ve dealt with my previous gasser.
Iā€™m in SA and have driven up there several times. Nice guys and do good work so far but think they are tired of me talking about my tick tock issues. Lol

Sponsored

klownhavok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Iā€™m in SA and have driven up there several times. Nice guys and do good work so far but think they are tired of me talking about my tick tock issues. Lol
Oh waitā€¦YOUā€™RE tick tock guy????? šŸ˜‚

klownhavok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Kidding btw lol. I heard a little rotational click yesterday coming home from work at low speed only. This morning it wasnā€™t there but I drove in APM instead of conserve so maybe it was from the disconnect of the rear motors. Iā€™m still learning this thing.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well, this is the worst itā€™s soundedā€¦this is after lubing, replacing shaft on drivers side, and washer campaign.